• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could I get some tips on maining Sheik?

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I want to add her to my mains roster. How does she play, what are some good combos, what are some good ways to use needles, all that stuff.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Also, looks like you already have a lot of mains on your roster... If you're serious about playing Sm4sh competitively, maybe considering dropping a few of those. I honestly think even three mains is too many; you should have one or two mains, and a pocket or two. It's impossible to main eight characters with any skill. Maybe just focus on one or two on your list right now and then think about looking at Sheik.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
you have 8 mains dude

think about that for a second, 8.

eight

e i g h t, written in roman numerals as follows: viii

thats 6 or 7 too many.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
F throw to bouncing fish, fair leads to grabs, fair strings, double bair, up tilt combos...
You should see VoiD or Mr. R's Sheik, they have some insane combos. You can be pretty creative with Sheik. Also needles to bouncing fish is a confirm but it takes some practice

All Star Ninja

Smash Rookie
My recommendation is to drop all of your mains and pick up sheik and have a pocket cloud, sheik takes a lot of work to master.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
You can call them your mains but I doubt you use all 8 of those characters at the same level of proficiency. I used to say I mained like 5 characters, but then I realized I only had 2 true characters that I was the best with and those were my mains. All the other characters became my secondaries and just characters I know how to use.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
I'm not dropping anything. My mains are in order by priority anyways.
You literally can't have eight mains, dude. At that point, they cease to be mains. If your priority is Mewtwo, and then Diddy, then focus on Mewtwo and Diddy. Those are good characters who, if you put more time and effort into just those two, you'll see vast improvement. Sheik may feel easy to pick up, but she is hard to master, so drop all but your top two characters and don't worry about Sheik.

If you want to learn more about how to face Sheik with your mains, check out the matchup thread or the question thread, make a thread about the Mewtwo or Diddy matchup, or ask around in the threads for those characters.

SmBootZ

Smash Cadet
Subscribe to Deku_Tree on youtube. He just makes youtube videos of all the best sheik topics on smashboards, so it is really easy to get a lot of info, and quickly.
P.S. thank you _Tree!

SmBootZ

Smash Cadet
Also when u use BF you can make it come up faster than normal by pressing Attach right after. You can also do this with "Special" but... Do Not Use Special. if you get hit out of the BF you will buffer a side B and kill yourself off stage. this is a habit i have been trying to kick for a long time lol. So, your BF inputs should be DownB > Attack (right after the DownB)

Top Bottom