• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could Fox be Kirby's third positive matchup?

gamecubeguy214

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so Kirby has a deadly technique, known as a kirbycide. It's a move that Kirby can use to kill both himself and his opponent at the same time. It's something that Kirby players might use if the opponent has one less stock than they do. He can use inhale, back throw, or forward throw to die and take his opponent with him. Sometimes, what's about to be a kibycide ends up with only Kirby's opponent dying. If you fall off the stage using inhale and your opponent is going into you and your opponent is at a low percent, they can mash out easily. The thing about mashing out of Kirby's inhale is that coming out of it either sends you down or at least doesn't send you up. As Fox is a very fast faller, KOing Fox with Kirby's inhale off the stage at low percents is an extraordinarily easy way to KO Fox. I have a video for it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm0zromc2zo

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Welcome to 2002

No.

What you are discussing is ancient (see stickied threads), and well not even relevant or as "game-changing" as you seem to think.

Remember this game has been out 14 years, make sure to read all the smash boards discussion forums on each character to catch up on what you have missed man.

Last edited:

gamecubeguy214

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if you're serious. Not sure if I should report post.
Why do you think I'm not serious? Sure, Kirby may be bottom tier and Fox may be top, but I think that Kirby might win the matchup if he uses swallowcide sometimes and plays smart.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Why do you think I'm not serious? Sure, Kirby may be bottom tier and Fox may be top, but I think that Kirby might win the matchup if he uses swallowcide sometimes and plays smart.
But we shouldn't rely on Kirbyciding.

How do you feel about the matchup without Kirbycide?

gamecubeguy214

Smash Apprentice
But we shouldn't rely on Kirbyciding.

How do you feel about the matchup without Kirbycide?
We shouldn't OVER rely on Kirbyciding. I only over relied on Kirbycide in my video to demonstrate, that's not how I actually play. Relying on Kirbycide that much would be boring, but I don't think that ''You shouldn't use Kirbycide ever'' is the case.
The matchup without Kirbycide would be horrible. But the fact that Kirbycide exists, specifically swallowcide, the matchup between Kirby and Fox is slightly better without Kirbycide.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
We shouldn't OVER rely on Kirbyciding. I only over relied on Kirbycide in my video to demonstrate, that's not how I actually play. Relying on Kirbycide that much would be boring, but I don't think that ''You shouldn't use Kirbycide ever'' is the case.
The matchup without Kirbycide would be horrible. But the fact that Kirbycide exists, specifically swallowcide, the matchup between Kirby and Fox is slightly better without Kirbycide.
You need to play humans, and better yet humans that actually play this game competitively. No more CPUs or theory-crafting.

Then all will become crystal clear.

If you honestly think Kirby's swallocide makes him a positive MU against Fox....then using that same flawed logic Fox's shine makes it 100-0 and Kirby loses every time.

BunBun

Smash Master
Fox-Kirby is one of the most one sided matchups in the game. Fox absolutely dominates, and no amount of jank can make up for that. I've been playing this ****fest of a character for years and years, and any fox that takes a second during the match to stop and think about it is going to hand you your ass

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I four stocked a Fox player a couple weeks ago and took his last stock using this. Confirmed works vs. real people.

10968778_833813573323530_1327798382_o.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom