• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could Daisy have her shorts as an alternate costume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Princess Daisy was my most wanted character and I'm glad she made it in. Except she's an echo fighter of Peach and not the athletic tomboy I wanted! I wanted her to wear her shorts from the sports games, not be that orange alt of Peach taking up her own character slot. But since each character has eight alternate costumes and we only saw two (her default outfit and a white dress), maybe she could still have her athletic shorts as one of her costumes? I mean, the shorts was the only reason I wanted her in. Seeing her as a Peach clone with the dress was the biggest disappointment for me. Even worse, she was introduced to reveal Sakurai's brand for clone characters "Echo Fighters" and Lucina and Dark Pit were the only other two considered to be Echo Fighters out of all the other infamous clone characters coming back. So Daisy would inherit a lot of Peach's animations with the dress in mind. But without the dress, would those animations still look okay? I think Peach's side tilt where she kicks would look more modest on Daisy in shorts. Floating? Yeah it's much hotter. The Daisy Bomber? Who wouldn't want a girl in short shorts to hit you with her butt? The parasol? You don't need a dress to carry an umbrella. Skipping? Daisy has skipped in shorts before when she scored in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. Now the animation I'm worried about is her dash animation. We haven't seen her dash animation but Peach had always held her dress when she ran. Daisy did the same thing in Super Mario Run so she could do that for Smash. But without the dress, what would it look like? Daisy holding her fists in front of her legs? I don't know if that makes her look tough or just looks silly. Then again, Daisy could have a new dash animation where she doesn't hold her dress. Zelda didn't hold her dress, right? Her taunts would very likely be different so no need to worry about the dance, which would still look fine with the shorts. Anyway, do you want the shorts as an alternate costume?

AirJordans

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
haventthewit
Switch FC
SW-6898-5786-4663
Sure?

“Princess Daisy was the character I wanted most”

“The only reason I wanted her in was because of her shorts”

What a character loyalist and student of the game

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
You're... not exactly subtle about your kinks are ya?

Anyway, I doubt they give Daisy a more athletic alt in Smash unless Peach is shown to get it too. Whatever is done with Peach will follow suit with Daisy because of the echo fighter status.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
You're... not exactly subtle about your kinks are ya?

Anyway, I doubt they give Daisy a more athletic alt in Smash unless Peach is shown to get it too. Whatever is done with Peach will follow suit with Daisy because of the echo fighter status.
Well, if Peach's Daisy costume is cut because of the separation, there is one spot open for Peach's athletic alt. I mean, I don't see Peach keeping her Daisy alt while Daisy herself is playable. That could get confusing in a Peach vs Daisy match where Peach has her Daisy alt and Daisy is in her default dress. So it's better if the Daisy alt was replaced with the sports attire. If any of Peach's moves could work with sporty Daisy, they can surely work with sporty Peach as well. And Echo Fighters still have differences from their original counterparts. Dark Pit has a different Final Smash from Pit. So nothing has to be applied to both. Honestly I would like to ignore the whole Echo Fighter thing because no one is a complete clone and there are still characters who could still be classified as clones like Falco, Pichu and Lucas that are not labeled as Echo Fighters. But I guess it would be great to see Peach's sports outfit in Smash.

AirJordans

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
haventthewit
Switch FC
SW-6898-5786-4663
Well, if Peach's Daisy costume is cut because of the separation, there is one spot open for Peach's athletic alt. I mean, I don't see Peach keeping her Daisy alt while Daisy herself is playable. That could get confusing in a Peach vs Daisy match where Peach has her Daisy alt and Daisy is in her default dress. So it's better if the Daisy alt was replaced with the sports attire. If any of Peach's moves could work with sporty Daisy, they can surely work with sporty Peach as well. And Echo Fighters still have differences from their original counterparts. Dark Pit has a different Final Smash from Pit. So nothing has to be applied to both. Honestly I would like to ignore the whole Echo Fighter thing because no one is a complete clone and there are still characters who could still be classified as clones like Falco, Pichu and Lucas that are not labeled as Echo Fighters. But I guess it would be great to see Peach's sports outfit in Smash.
it's because they're trying to establish what an echo fighter is by separating them from the concept of clones. It seems pretty clear what the level of change that can happen between fighters and their echo versions by looking at Lucina, Dark Pit, and now what we've seen of Daisy. While none of this is confirmed I feel like there's a lot of nuance to this situation you aren't picking up with the way you're talking about these things, though I agree that obviously Daisy will not be an alternate for Peach. IIRC most fighters have differing alternate costumes throughout the games so I feel like that's a no brainer anyway.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Honestly I'd find it hilarious if Peach still had her Daisy colored dress, and Daisy in turn has a Peach colored one. xD

Also Sean, I already told you in another thread that Echo Fighters are a class of clones of their very own that are even more similar to their counterpart. There's a reason the other clones aren't labeled as Echo fighters. They have enough differences from their counterpart that changes how you play them. The same can't be said for the Echo fighters, who will be played just like the base character.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
But someone has mentioned in another thread that Dark Pit still has his Final Smash from the Wii U version (Dark Pit Staff) while Pit has a new Final Smash with a chariot. To me, different final smashes like that is bigger difference than the semi-clones who still share the same final smash with the originals. And really, you think the same costumes should be applied to echo fighters? That's not possible when the echo characters are separate characters with different models. Lucina was an echo for Marth in Smash 4 and she had a completely different color pallette. And besides, all the alternate costumes play EXACTLY the same, even more the same than Echoes, so it won't matter what costume Daisy is in. She will still play like Peach even while wearing shorts.

SonicMario

Smash Master
But someone has mentioned in another thread that Dark Pit still has his Final Smash from the Wii U version (Dark Pit Staff) while Pit has a new Final Smash with a chariot. To me, different final smashes like that is bigger difference than the semi-clones who still share the same final smash with the originals. And really, you think the same costumes should be applied to echo fighters? That's not possible when the echo characters are separate characters with different models. Lucina was an echo for Marth in Smash 4 and she had a completely different color pallette. And besides, all the alternate costumes play EXACTLY the same, even more the same than Echoes, so it won't matter what costume Daisy is in. She will still play like Peach even while wearing shorts.

Dark Pit's FInal Smash in Smash 4's was different from Pit's...

...But it was also a clone of Zelda and Sheik's Final Smash :S

Also I wasn't saying all the same costumes should be applied to the same echo fighters. Lucina's alts are all or at least almost all are references to female Fire Emblem characters. Of course I don't expect Marth to also have that. But if they're going to give a Peach clone like Daisy the sports/athletic alt. You gotta give that option to Peach too. It's only fair.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Dark Pit's FInal Smash in Smash 4's was different from Pit's...

...But it was also a clone of Zelda and Sheik's Final Smash :S

Also I wasn't saying all the same costumes should be applied to the same echo fighters. Lucina's alts are all or at least almost all are references to female Fire Emblem characters. Of course I don't expect Marth to also have that. But if they're going to give a Peach clone like Daisy the sports/athletic alt. You gotta give that option to Peach too. It's only fair.
Yeah, I agree that it's fair. Peach does look great in her athletic shorts too. Both princesses look hot in shorts and the lack of option for Peach to wear shorts in Smash was the reason I wanted Daisy. In fact, when speculating Daisy as this athletic character with no similarities to Peach, I thought a Peach costume would be good for Daisy. But now, with Daisy as a clone character with a similar princess dress, a Peach and Daisy costume swap would be really confusing. They'd might as well have their own shorts as an alternate costume

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No. We've been over this. If she uses the same animations as Peach (and she does) then the dress is a necessity as it is both the method she uses to float and used as the hurtbox in some attacks. Get over it.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
This is a rather creepy thread.

And no, it wouldn't work out because hitboxes are a thing.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Odd attraction talk aside, I like Daisy's athletic look more, and would like to have it as an option to further differentiate her from Peach. But as has already been mentioned, the dress is used for a hurt box, and Sakurai likely wouldn't want invisible hurtboxes on either side of the character's legs.

If the alt were important, they could alter the characters' hurtbox data to be further in around their legs specifically, but I don't see them doing that. It kind of defeats the purpose of Daisy being an echo character, since that's extra unneeded work.

Just wait until they inevitably mod this thing, then have your fun, OP. Though I'm not sure how easy it is to Smash one handed.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Just wait until they inevitably mod this thing, then have your fun, OP. Though I'm not sure how easy it is to Smash one handed.
This post went places.

Though it is true. Modders love to make mods as disgusting as possible when it comes to alt outfits (or often, lack of outfits), so it might be OP's thing.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Odd attraction talk aside, I like Daisy's athletic look more, and would like to have it as an option to further differentiate her from Peach. But as has already been mentioned, the dress is used for a hurt box, and Sakurai likely wouldn't want invisible hurtboxes on either side of the character's legs.

If the alt were important, they could alter the characters' hurtbox data to be further in around their legs specifically, but I don't see them doing that. It kind of defeats the purpose of Daisy being an echo character, since that's extra unneeded work.

He'd be playing Smash with a joystick then ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I don't play mods. In fact, I prefer official stuff over fan mods. And does Peach really use the dress to float? Dresses don't really work like that. If it's wind lifting her up, she can't maintain the same vertical position. In fact it looks more like she was using magic to float and that move reminds me of The Matrix. And Peach got that floating ability from Lina in Doki Doki Panic and Lina didn't wear a skirt.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I don't play mods. In fact, I prefer official stuff over fan mods. And does Peach really use the dress to float? Dresses don't really work like that. If it's wind lifting her up, she can't maintain the same vertical position. In fact it looks more like she was using magic to float and that move reminds me of The Matrix. And Peach got that floating ability from Lina in Doki Doki Panic and Lina didn't wear a skirt.
Of course it doesn't work that way, neither does pulling turnips from the ground work that way IRL.

But it's a trope and vidya can play around with tropes, 'cuz that is FUN and devs like to put FUN things in their games.

Now you will take your dress and you will like it!

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Shorts don't really work that way either, so I'm not sure what you're going for there.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
When you bring up the issue of hitboxes, how did all the different Koopalings work with Bowser Jr.'s hitbox with the different hair styles including three mohawks? Oh and isn't Morton bigger than the other Koopalings? And what about Cloud's jacket? Cloud only wears his jacket in half of the skins, and if that jacket has it's own cloth physics, I don't see why Daisy could lose the skirt for a costume.

SonicMario

Smash Master
When you bring up the issue of hitboxes, how did all the different Koopalings work with Bowser Jr.'s hitbox with the different hair styles including three mohawks? Oh and isn't Morton bigger than the other Koopalings?
Because most of the actual moveset comes from the Clown Car rather then the rider itself (For the exception of the hammers they pull out for grab pummels and the attack after being launched out of the car after doing the up special). They did have to tweak the sizes of some of the Koopalings a tad to fit along Bowser Jr's size for hitbox reasons but otherwise the fact most of the moves came from the Clown Car made it easy to simply model swap Junior and the Koopalings for one another.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
To be honest, creepy threads like this makes me not want a shorts alternate. But then I kinda would prefer having her pre-GameCube era look as an alternate costume instead anyway, or at least have it referenced in one of her color swaps.

Really though, please try to keep your kinks to yourself dude. This is no place to show off how hot you would think it would be if a fictional polygonal chick would parade around smashing her hind quarters into people while wearing shorts. There's probably plenty websites out there for you to share those thoughts to your heart's content. And also, just be glad she's in Smash Bros at all because clone status was always her best bet anyway.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
What's so creepy about a princess wearing a tomboyish outfit that she wore in half of her games?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
There is nothing creepy about a fictional girl in shorts but statements like

"Floating? Yeah it's much hotter. The Daisy Bomber? Who wouldn't want a girl in short shorts to hit you with her butt?"
"The shorts were the only reason I wanted her to be in the game"
"Both princesses look hot in shorts"

show sexual appreciation of these characters. That's not the kind of comments that are appreciated on this forum.

Im quite lenient but there hasn't been much (if any) meaningful dicussion in this thread. You have also clearly expressed your wish by now, so the thread has served its purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom