• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could Captain Falcon be the best character?

mattmelee

Smash Rookie
Could Falcon dethrone Fox as the best character in Melee by the time the game dies out? On a human level I tend to think Fox may always reign supreme, but if you could play absolutely perfect and never get hit by using Falcons insane movement and utilizing nair to outrange in neutral and then 0 to death the opponent every time you touch them, then couldn't Falcon become #1 on the tier list? Would anyone be able to be that proficient with their punishes and reads? Would love to hear your guys thoughts on this

flyboy__

Smash Cadet
I mean Ghatzu thinks so because falcon has the most universally destructive punish game, but to be honest I feel like Falcon’s neutral tools are totally outclassed by sheik falco fox puff and Marth. And frankly that truly perfect combo game is no too far off in difficulty from the Fox TAS perfect combo game. Though falcon is honestly underrated in how solid his neutral is, it seems to be harder to be a god tier falcon than it is to be god tier player of any of the characters above him (and thus why captain falcon has won one major in 15 years).

Top Bottom