• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could Bringing Brawl Tournaments Back Be Possible?

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
I got to play Brawl on Saturday, January 25th, and I discovered I'm very good at it! I really want to enter some Brawl tournaments, but sadly they're a thing of the past. But could bringing them back actually be possible? I would love to hear your guys' thoughts on this, I main Captain Falcon and Donkey Kong in Brawl.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
I got to play Brawl on Saturday, January 25th, and I discovered I'm very good at it! I really want to enter some Brawl tournaments, but sadly they're a thing of the past. But could bringing them back actually be possible? I would love to hear your guys' thoughts on this, I main Captain Falcon and Donkey Kong in Brawl.
Brawl tourneys are rare but definitely still a thing, depending on where you live there may still be a small Brawl scene out there where you can go to tourneys, but sadly most of the bigger Brawl tournaments only happen a few times per year.

GhostM

Phantom
I do not own a copy of Brawl.
If you don't own a copy of Brawl you can find an NTSC Brawl ISO online, although I can't provide you with that, so you're on your own to find one. The normal size for an NTSC Brawl ISO is about 7.93GB, although some ISO's tend to vary where some tend to cut out content like the Subspace Emissary to make it easier to download quicker. It's much easier to set up Brawl through PC with Dolphin, and play netplay online with tutorials from Anther's Ladder. If you want to play it on an actual Wii, it has to be homebrewed to run USB Loader GX with an SD/USB/HDD that's at least higher than 10GB.

To answer your original question, Brawl tournaments are a thing of the past, although big tournaments for Brawl happen only a couple of times per year. Brawl tournaments could be brought back, but I don't think it would have a large impact to grow the competitive scene.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Although I guess you should ask yourself why you want to play brawl competitively when it's the worst game, both casually and competitively

Luigisama

Smash Champion

You should check out the brawl discord if you're interested in playing some more. We're nice and welcoming to all new players.

https://discordapp.com/invite/3DmJN2m

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
In-person Brawl tournaments are a thing of the past outside of a few rare ones like Super Smash Con. I won't be surprised if people still host online tournaments, but you'll have to use a different version for netplay since Nintendo stopped the Wi-Fi for the Wii. But I doubt they'll come back for myriad of reasons, the most obvious being Brawl is regarded by many in the Smash community as the worst in the franchise.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Honestly, I hope it is. I'm not really into competitive Smash anymore, but I would be down for a Brawl tournament for nostalgia's sake. I imagine they would be good for people who want to play competitively but don't take Smash so seriously anymore.

If there were more tournaments for older games that have fallen out of the spotlight, I could see Brawl getting a spot in something like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom