• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Costume Theory (Possible Spoilers)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Hello fellow Smashers. While posting my support for Lloyd in his support thread, I came across an interesting theory I call "The Costume Theory." (Hey! Box Theory was right! Eh?)
The theory is that all of the Mii costumes that were cut from Smash Wii U / 3DS will return, and they will be piggybacking off of new fighters from the company that owns the Mii Costume.
Joker is owned by Atlus, which is owned by Sega. So when Joker came to Smash, the Tails and Knuckles costumes were added.
Erdrick is extremely likely if you follow Smash speculation, and I'm willing to bet that he will come with Mii Costumes of Chokono and Geno.

If this pattern continues, then we can speculate that Capcom and Bandai-Namco are also getting DLC characters that will release with Mii costumes of X, Zero, Protoman, Heihachi, Jin, and Lloyd.

Based on this speculation, here is my official DLC lineup prediction:
1. Joker (duh)
2. Erdrick
3. Heihachi or Lloyd (leaning toward Heihachi, as Sakurai publicly stated that Heihachi was considered for Smash 4)
4. Dante
5. Banjo-Kazooie

The fifth slot is just my guess based on how I think the Fighter Ballot went. I also considered Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, and Ryu Hayabusa.
Ryu Hayabusa would make sense due to Fatal Frame having an Assist Trophy, and Koei-Tecmo might throw in Ryu as a fighter.
Crash Bandicoot is a popular choice, but I honestly see him and Spyro together as a DLC pack either in a second Fighter Pass or standalone DLC like Piranha Plant.
I chose Banjo over Rayman, because all 5 of these fighters I speculated upon do not have Spirits; Rayman does. But I still believe a second Fighter Pass is coming, and Rayman can still have a shot.

So there you have it. The Costume Theory. I explained my thought process, and I hope you all appreciate the speculation.

My biggest doubt, however, is that we didn't get our Akira and Jackie outfits from Virtua Fighter, which is owned by Sega.

Happy posting!

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Well Virtual Fighter has an assist now (for blocky guy at least) soooooo

The thing with fighters from Bamco and Capcom is that there were apparently no realisable (or in Heihachi's case, non-complex) Bamco fighters according to Sakurai (that could have included Lloyd for all we know??) and Capcom already has a crossover fighter for some of their beloved fighter choices. And was Square not pretty stingy with Final Fantasy content at least?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
It's a little early to say one way or another, but the missing Virtua Fighter costumes are pretty glaring. I do think most costumes will return, but U don't think they have to be directly tied to a DLC character. This seems like a perfect opportunity for filler content between the real releases.

Top Bottom