• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Costume DLC. Would you like to see it?

Sparky08

Smash Rookie
What do you think about adding new costumes to the game through DLC. I know its very unlikely to happen but it would be very cool if we had more costumes that would actually change the character model instead of just changing colors ( A perfect example would be Wedding Mario or Meta Ridley).

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
would like to see it, so long as it has stuff I'd want and is dirt cheap/free

osby

Smash Obsessed
Depends. Is it going to replace color alts?

Sparky08

Smash Rookie
Depends. Is it going to replace color alts?
I wouldnt think so. Some of the color alts are pretty good themselves. I think the dev team would just make additional costume slots instead of replacing existing ones. Besides what kind of DLC would replace the original content of a game.

LIL ELF

Best Smasher in North Pole
Switch FC
SW-6612-9831-3124
I wish they’d give us a little mac from super punch out alt. I mean we kind of have one but he look’s nothing like the snes one. He need to have no t-shirt, more blonde.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Great Lord Chrom would be amazing.

Garolymar

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
4129-5499-6687
I really want the tinted helmet yellow and black Olimar skin back. It was so good! I'd pay a buck for that.

Khao

Smash Lord
I'd totally pay for Alph-style costumes for other characters. We could get **** like Proto Man for Mega Man, Though I guess if they wanted to go that far they might as well just do echoes, haha.

Otherwise, I'd love seeing alternate versions of certain characters who have gotten redesigned over the years. Like getting an Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess alt for Link. Or Pit's classic design. Or the original Donkey Kong. Or Naked Snake. Or any of Samus's other suit designs. Or the original 12's N64 models. Or Melee designs for certain characters. The possibilities are endless really. I doubt I'd buy them all, but I'd love to see it.

Also, I'll never pay for a recolor/retexture.

XigmunGothar

Smash Cadet
Absolutely want to see unique costumes added in, even obscure ones. Only condition would be, as others have said, for them to be free or cheap. I'm thinking maybe like 10-15 costumes for $5 or something.

In particular, as a fan of the various Mario RPGs, Mr. L Luigi, Shadow Peach, Shrowser, and Rookie Bowser are some fun ideas. Also, can Pac-Man have a Ms. Pac-Man? Seems a tad obvious to me.

P.S. Sonic really needs some more proper alts, not even costumes. It would be nice to see Shadow, Tails, etc. colorations instead of blue, blue-gray, and blue-black kind of variations.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'd pay for series packs of costumes, but as Nah Nah said, only if they're cheap. I'd say $4-7 is a good range for that kind of DLC.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Yea:

-Hoodie outfit with the baseball cap underneath facing forward and, chain necklace. High top socks and addidas for ness.
-A special super-hero costume with a cape for C falcon.
-Robe/pimp outfit for Dedede with two dices hanging from his hammer handle with a cane like tip.

Plz. Id buy twice.

Edit: i know they arent traditional outfits.

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
YES! YES! Here are some outfits that should be included as DLC!

The Top #10 Alternate Costumes I Want To See In Super Smash Bros Ultimate (As Alternate Costumes And Not Included As Echo Fighters/Clone Characters) (As Future DLC)!

#1. Ness- Either Robot Ness Or Ness Wearing His Pajama's (Both Are From Earthbound/Mother 2)

#2. King K. Rool- Either Him Wearing His Boxing Outfit (From Donkey Kong 64) Or Baron K. Roolenstein (From Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!)

#3. Cloud Strife- Either His Appearance From Kingdom Hearts 1 Or Cloud Wearing A Shinra Guard/Soldier Outfit (From Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII)

#4. Chrom- Either Great Lord Chrom (From Fire Emblem: Awakening) Or Knight Exalt Chrom (From Fire Emblem Heroes)

#5. Simon Belmont- Either Him Wearing His Red Knight's Armor (From Castlevania II: Simon's Quest) Or His Appearance From Castlevania Chronicles (The 2001 Playstation 1 Video Game)

#6. Isabelle- Either Her Wearing A Yellow Rain jacket and Hat (From Animal Crossing: New Leaf) Or Isabelle Wearing Her Green Kimono (As Seen On Her #215 Amiibo Card)

#7. Sonic The Hedgehog- Either Sonic Wearing Link's Green Tunic (From The Sonic Lost World Zelda Zone DLC Map) Or Classic Sonic (From Sonic Generations)

#8. Captain Falcon- Either His Retro Appearance From The F-Zero SNES Instruction Manual Comic Book Or Captain Falcon Without His Helmet (From F-Zero X)

#9. Bowser- Either Moon Wedding Bowser (From Super Mario Odyssey) Or Dry Bowser (From New Super Mario Bros.)

#10. Dark Samus- Either Her Metroid Prime 2 Concept Art (Spiky Armored Dark Samus) Or 3 Eyed Visible Skull/Skeleton Dark Samus (Her Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Concept Art)

Jotun873

Smash Cadet
I wouldnt mind paying for costume bundles. Imho everyone should have had at least one major costume change. Pacman to mspacmac, twilight ganondorf, weddingday bowser, punchout donkeykong, etc

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yes, but I have some weird costume ideas, so you should all be thankful that I'm not in charge of it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sure. IMO, 8 costumes per character each time. Little Mac would love it. I'd love to see more Captains as costumes for Olimar, as full alts. Bowser Jr. is harder to say. There's a lot of options. You could do things like the Mecha Koopa-like design for everyone, or just give each of them 2 full alts. Mario has a ton of costume types missing as is. He could have silver and golden clothing as a reference to Metal Mario and Gold Mario. Fire Mario is somehow gone(though I forget if Ice Mario is there). Maybe add in Flying Mario as well. Tanooki doesn't work due to the item, though. But there's stuff from Super Mario Land as well.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'm intrigued. What are these "weird" ideas? I'd be game for nearly any costumes.
Let's start.
Lucas should have a Jimmy Neutron costume
Female Robin should have a professor McGonagall costume
Male Robin should have a Jace Beleren costume
Mario should have a Chef Boyardee costume
Ridley should have a Nicol Bolas costume

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Let's start.
Oh Lord... this is like asking for Goku in Smash.

D

Deleted member

/\
No, we all want N64 Pikachu, Melee Fox (and Falco as a bonus costume), and Brawl Meta Knight as costumes.

Let's start.
As someone who mains Lucas and loved the show Jimmy Neutron, I WISH you were in charge of costumes. also you should add a Robbie Rotten one to Lucas as well, both work good.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Not for DLC but maybe even go as far as the near-future where I said numerous times that if the Fighters' Pass for Ultimate is over, we would probably have a Smash Ultimate DX in again the near-future but anyways here some ideas (and ideas I heard from other users) I have for characters (not all though)
:ultmario:: Shirtless, Sailor Suit, Bridal Gown, NES Open Golf, Low-Poly
:ultluigi:: Builder, Parade, Shirtless, Gambler, Elvis, NES Open Golf
:ultpeach:: Peachette, Sunshine, Wedding, Fire, Shadow Queen
:ultbowser:: Wedding
:ultdoc:: Scientist (just for the Rick and Morty memes)
:ultrosalina:: Aurora, Sports, Guitarist, Swimsuit, Witch, Biker
:ultpiranha:: Bone Piranha Plant
:ultdk:: DK94
:ultkrool:: Mario Super Sluggers
:ultlink:: Shirtless Link, Gerudo Veil, Trainee Tunic
:ultsheik:: HW, OOT, Twilight Princess
:ultzelda:: Maiden (Link to the Past remake)
:ulttoonlink:: Outset Island, Engineer
:ultsamus:: Power Suit, Phazon Suit, Fusion Suit, Dark Suit, Light Suit, PED Suit
:ultdarksamus:: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Design (With Helmetless Dark Samus)
:ultzss:: Justin Bailey
:ultridley:: Omega
:ultyoshi:: Pirate
:ultkirby:: Classic, Low-Poly
:ultmetaknight:: Classic, Samurai, Steampunk, Cafe
:ultkingdedede:: Shogun, Cafe
:ultfox:: N64
:ultfalco:: N64
:ultwolf:: Brawl
:ultjigglypuff:: Scribble
:ultmewtwo:: Armor (Anime), Armor (Pokémon Go)
:ultpokemontrainer:: Classic, Sygna Suit
:ultpokemontrainerf:: Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Green, Winter, Sygna Suit
:ultlucario:: Halloween Costume
:ultgreninja:: Tokusatsu
:ultincineroar:: Masked Royal
:ultness:: Pajama (obviously)
:ultlucas:: Commander, Earthbound 64, Pajama
:ultfalcon:: Comic Waiter
:ultmarth:: Pantless, Wedding, Japanese Clothing, Christmas, Resplendent
:ultlucina:: Spring, Kimono, Modern, White Dress, Swimsuit, Resplendent
:ultroy:: Binding Blade, Awakening, Love Abounds, Concept Art, Resplendent, Great Lord
:ultchrom:: Spring, Astronaut, Summer Scramble, Christmas, Crowned Exalt, Resplendent
:ultike:: Valentines Day, Vanguard, CYL, Resplendent, Meat Boxer
:ultrobin:: Grandmaster, Resplendent, Christmas
:ultrobinf:: Grandmaster, Resplendent, Halloween
:ultcorrin:: Hoshido Noble, Resplendent
:ultcorrinf:: Nohr Noble, Resplendent
:ultbyleth:: Officers Academy, Butler
:ultbylethf:: Officers Academy, Maid
:ultpit:: Classic
:ultpalutena:: Classic, Of Myths and Monsters
:ultwario:: Pirate, Golf Wario, D.I.Y., Shirtless (Mario & Sonic), Snapped!, Thief
:ultisabelle:: Casual Outfit, Kimono, Maid, Red Uniform, New Horizon, School Uniform
:ultlittlemac:: Super Punch-Out!!
:ultshulk:: Medium Rafaga Armor, Medium Retrieved Armor, Light Hierax Armor, Medium Glory Armor, Medium Lancelot Armor, Heavy Ledios Armor
:ultminmin: Waitress
:ultsnake:: MGS1, Low-Poly, Low-Poly Tuxedo, Iroquois Pliskin, Old Snake, Tuxedo, Shinkawa Touch
:ultsimon:: Simon's Quest
:ultrichter:: Symphony of the Night, Dracula X Chronicles
:ultsonic:: Boom, Pre-Redesign Movie (for the lolz)
:ultbayonetta:: Dress (A), Schoolgirl (B), Umbra Gekka (C)
:ultbayonetta1:: Old Costume, Umbra Komachi (B), P.E. Uniform (C)
:ultjoker:: Summer Uniform, Winter Casual, Summer Casual, P5DSN, Crossdress, Swimsuit
:ultmegaman:: Rock (MegaMan 11), Formal (RockMan Complete Works)
:ultryu:: 6, SF1, Final Fight, Jacket, School Uniform, II V
:ultken:: 6, SFV, Alpha, Cowboy, Holiday, Final Fight
:ultpacman:: Super Pac-Man, Pac-Land Hat, Summer Pac-Man, Knight Armor, Christmas, Mailman, Rugby
:ultkazuya:: 8, Tank Top, Sunglasses, Low-Poly, Link
:ultcloud:: Crossdress, Infantryman, Kingdom Hearts, Turks, G-Bike, Wedding
:ultsephiroth:: Turks, Kingdom Hearts
:ulthero:: Alef (DQ1), Rek (DQ6), Female Erdrick (DQ3), and Sofia (DQ4 Heroine)
:ultbanjokazooie:: Project Dream (With Dragon Kazooie), 2nd Project Dream Concept Art
:ult_terry:: Mark of the Wolves Jacket, KOF XIV, Japanese Clothing, Christmas
:ultsora:: 4
:ultdaisy:: Sports, Golf, Biker, Strikers, Tennis 64, Swimsuit
:ultdarkpit:: Classic

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Absolutely! Here is my costume wanted list:

:ultkrool:: Kaptain K. Rool, Baron K. Roolenstein, King Krusha K. Rool

:ultzelda:: Skyward Sword, Hyrule Warriors, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild

:ultganondorf:: Twilight Princess, Hyrule Warriors

:ultbowser:: Dry Bowser, Dark Bowser

:ultmewtwo:: Mecha Mewtwo

:ultlink:: Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Hyrule Warriors

:ultkingdedede:: Masked Dedede

:ultbanjokazooie:: Dragon Kazooie

:ultfox:: Assault, Adventures

:ultfalco:: Assault, Adventures

:ultwolf:: Assault, Brawl

:ultdk:: Boxing gloves

D

Deleted member

I know this is old news but would female Terry actually work as an alternate costume? Because I of course hear that she could be an Echo due to her body

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Idk if it counts as a costume, it’s more an “effect” but what Hero’s trailer did with the WoL Dark Realm aura on various characters, even those canonically found in the Light Realm? I’d like to be able to use that, and the Light Realm aura (aquamarine) on any character of my choice outside of WoL. Maybe even the full body Phantom Fighter effect when Galeem and Dharkon summon phantom fighters too.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
For me it's like characters DLC. I like the idea, but I would only by those that mean something to me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My pick would be giving Zelda the outfit of Hilda from Link between Worlds.

Top Bottom