• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Corvo Blinks In!" - Corvo Attano (Dishonored) For Smash

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
corvo.png

What is Dishonored?
Dishonored is an action-adventure stealth game series made by Arkane Studios (you might know them from 2017's Prey, or the atrocity known as Wolfenstein: Youngblood) and published by Bethesda. In Dishonored, the player takes on the role of Corvo Attano, an assassin/bodyguard who is framed for the murder of the empress he was supposed to be protecting. Corvo is known for his supernatural powers - which include teleporting, stopping/slowing time, and some really good sight. Dishonored stands out from other stealth games of its age for its emphasis on player freedom - players many different routes and methods of going through levels, and their overall playstyle is represented by "Chaos", essentially a karma meter that is moved by how many people Corvo kills, how often he gets spotted, and how he interacts with others. High Chaos can change up level and enemy layouts (indirectly making the game harder) and affect the ending.

How is Corvo going to fit in Smash?
1. First of all...think about the moveset potential. Corvo can Blink (teleport), he can slow down or even stop time, he can summon a swarm of rats, he can blast his foes away with a big gust of wind, the list goes on. He's got a sword, a crossbow, grenades, a flintlock (though this is unlikely to be included), razor-filled mines, and tons of other stuff.

2. Stealth! Have we yet had a character representing a stealth franchise? (Actually, we do have :ultsnake:, but...)

3. Some people just want to watch the world burn. And some others want to watch the world get extremely salty over some character they've never heard of getting into Smash Ultimate. (Hey, it's the same argument I marshalled for Amiya...)

1. BlueEyedGrimmbat (Me, the thread creator!)

This thread will be expanded as time passes, and there is more information regarding Corvo and Dishonored.

Thank you for reading!

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Corvo has my support.

I haven't finished Dishonored 2 as my PC is potato to handle. Even on low setting, it's still laggy.
I'm waiting Series X.

Still, Dishonored 1 was fun experience. It's one of the best stealth games I've ever played.
Corvo has quite personality to boot.

Corvo has actually distinct aesthetic. That's something that can be said more than GTA, COD or Farcry.
His mask is fairly unique. He has quite extensive arsenal to make up moveset.

But, he isn't the most likely candidate from his company.
Since Bethesda is under Microsoft, Master Chief is the frontrunner for the company.
Even after that, there are Dovahkin and Doom Slayer to worry about.

Maybe, he will join one day especially after Gamepass hits Switch.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Shocked that I haven't posted in here yet. Dishonored is a series I'd absolutely love to see in Smash - Corvo or Emily would be a blast to play, and Dishonored 2 is one of my favorite games. I actually did a small writeup about how The Clockwork Mansion could work as a stage, which I'd love to see.

So, I want to shake things up just a little bit by talking about a franchise that I don't often see discussed in terms of Smash (for pretty good reason - no Nintendo presence) and in fact I myself rarely remember to bring up, but every time I think about the potential of it I get super excited.

Dishonored.

I'll admit, I'm not the best at crafting movesets outside of throwing around vague ideas, so the focus of this post isn't going to be on the characters, but rather on what I think could be one of the coolest stages in Smash Bros. history.

First things first, a Dishonored rep would be pretty easy to pick out. Corvo Attano would be the choice as he's the main character of the first game and one of the playable characters in Dishonored 2. That said, all three Dishonored games have awesome characters and protagonists, and as Dishonored 2 is my favorite, I'd LOVE to see Emily Kaldwin make it in as a second rep (as if we'd ever get two...let me dream).

Anyway, what inspired me to talk about this and hopefully get a conversation started was that my favorite level in videogames is actually from Dishonored 2 - The Clockwork Mansion.

The Clockwork Mansion is a sinister and ever-changing home of bizarre technologies owned by the brilliant but sadistic inventor Kirin Jindosh. It has many floors, modular rooms that twist and turn to create an impossible maze of gears and gadgets, booby-traps, and clockwork sentries that guard every room in the house. Your mission is to infiltrate this maze-like marvel and rescue someone Jindosh is keeping trapped in a prison deep within the bowels of the mansion, but he's not going to make it easy...

So after some discussion with some friends I realized how cool it would be as a Smash stage! You see, the thing about the Clockwork Mansion is that it has so many rooms and levels, and while a traveling stage is the easy way to do it, I propose a twist: It's a level where you, the fighters, get to control the platform layout as well as what part of the stage you're fighting on, by activating levels and gears that can drastically change the flow of battle. This would lead to plenty of crazy strategies as you bait your opponents into traps like electric floors or the clockwork soldiers, or place walls in front of them, or even completely change what room in the mansion you're fighting in.

It goes without saying that this is a really unusual stage, but I was inspired by the King of Fighters Stadium. It has a completely unique mechanic that makes doing special matches on it an absolute blast, and I think another stage that totally changes the game would be super fun in casual play, even if it'll never be competitive. It's almost a game in and of itself, playing mindgames to trap your opponents. Plus, the levels could even go all the way down to Jindosh's massive machine in the basement, leading to a dangerous, high-risk area if you dare to fight too close to the electric pulses that emanate from it.

Plus, one of the coolest parts of the level is the ambience. Jindosh is cocky, arrogant, and has rigged his entire home with surveillance. He can speak to you from his hideout and taunts you constantly. It'd be so cool if he had tons of lines to commentate on the battle or insult the players, and when you reach his lair those lines stop being broadcast over the intercom and are spoken directly to you.

I know that this wouldn't fly in any way in competitive, obviously, but I think it'd be a fun, unique way to show off one of the coolest levels in gaming in a way that really evokes the nature of the original games. Dishonored is all about choosing how you want to achieve your goals through trickery, deceit, and smart plays in the shadows, and what better way than through a stage that embodies that?
So yeah, big time support.

Top Bottom