• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin vs Rushdown Characters

GhostM

Phantom
I’ve been playing female Corrin for some time and I really enjoy her playstyle. I might consider even Co-Maining her, but I’ll keep her as a secondary character. The thing I’m struggling with is how to keep neutral against rushdown characters, specifically Joker. I don’t have issues playing against zoners like Link since I know how to position and attack accordingly, but I struggle with characters like Joker, and other characters who are aggressive. I try my best to keep neutral and stage control, but I always end up getting KO’d pretty quickly against these characters, especially in situations where I have to act OOS. If anyone has tips feel free to leave them in this thread, I would greatly appreciate them.

llams

Smash Rookie
Corrin was never the greatest against rushdown. Even in Sm4sh she had to rely on pin and dfs in those matchups. Now that both moves have been nerfed these matchups became much worse for Corrin. Anyway, try to keep them out and keep them at a distance. Also try to juggle them as much as possible. I'm honestly not sure there is much else Corrin can do.

GhostM

Phantom
Corrin was never the greatest against rushdown. Even in Sm4sh she had to rely on pin and dfs in those matchups. Now that both moves have been nerfed these matchups became much worse for Corrin. Anyway, try to keep them out and keep them at a distance. Also try to juggle them as much as possible. I'm honestly not sure there is much else Corrin can do.
Thanks for the tips though, I’ve been slowly getting better at keeping neutral against rushdown characters. Still slowly building on the combo game potential with Corrin.

Top Bottom