• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I decided to go for my free summon of the new Fates banner after completing today's chapter in Fire Emblem Heroes. Sadly, no red orbs showed up for my free summon, so I went with blue just to see if I could get Ophelia. What I got instead for my free summon:

Finally, my first normal Ephraim! That's great! ...

... and then I learned, to my horror, that my first normal Ephraim was cursed with a horrid nature of +Res -Atk!

Wow... just, wow... this is now my second Ephraim variant where I pulled one with one of his worst natures possible, as well as the second time he gets the opposite boon and bane of what he wants (he had +Atk -Res, that would've been amazing). The only Ephraim I've ever pulled so far that got a really good nature was my Legendary Ephraim back when his Legendary banner first showed up, and that one had +Def -Res.

It's sad. Is Ephraim really that mad at me for not being a part of his Voting Gauntlet team? I really think so after what happened in my last two Ephraim summons. Looks like I am now forced to use this normal Ephraim as Moonbow fodder (I already have enough Peris for Threaten Def fodder).

On a different note, I finished grinding and building my perfect natured Micaiah that I pulled last night:

It's her optimal build. I'd give Death Blow 4, but I still don't have a Brave Celica to fodder for that skill, and I've got other units at the moment that would need Death Blow 4 more than she does (namely my Halloween Jakob, followed by my Reinhardt).

Still, Micaiah hits quite hard, and if she uses Sacrifice to heal one of her allies, then Desperation activates and she can deliver a very hard punch to her foes. I think she'll make a good ally to my Winter Chrom.

As for the final chapter of Book II:

It was great to see Helbindi turn against Surtr by saving Ylgr and Veronica from being sacrificed. Kinda wish he didn't die though. He's one of the three Book II characters I liked in the end.

I was surprised to see Veronica and Ylgr weren't suffering as much I'd thought. I was expecting Veronica to be very desperate and afraid at the thought of being sacrificed seeing how when she last appeared in the story, we saw her panicking and begging Xander to rescue her from Surtr. Here, she acts rather indifferent to what's going on, almost as if she accepts her fate. We also saw her getting annoyed of Ylgr's talking, and it gave me the impression that Veronica isn't a fan of being around little kids. It's a nice character detail to her.

Really loved seeing Bruno come back to save Veronica and Ylgr from Laevatain. That was cool. His dialogue with Alfonse was nice too.

I was quite bummed to see Laegjarn die in this chapter. It at least fit her character though, seeing how she loved Laevatain so much that she didn't want her to experience the same fate. Still, I wished she was alive so we saw more development from her.

Surtr is finally dead too, but his death didn't make me feel anything. For being such a generic war-mongering villain that he was, I guess that explains why I felt nothing for him when I died. My satisfaction from his death mainly came from "At least he won't have to revive himself again."

As expected, we also learn Fjorm is set to die because of how she offered her self in the Rite of Frost. My guess is that her death will happen either at the end of Book III or once Heroes's story finally comes to a close.

In all, this conclusion felt hit-or-miss. There were some good things that came out of it, but also some things that were left to be desired. It also felt like this concluding chapter was rushed. The way how they concluded Hrid's character arc so quickly with him becoming King left me feeling unsatisfied. I get why he had to take over as King seeing how he was the next-in-line to rule following Gunnthra's death, but I just wished we saw more of him since he ended up being introduced rather late. Maybe he'll come back in Book III as a supporting ally where he will aid our Heroes as King of Nifl. He is still my favorite of the Book II characters at the moment, but I won't deny he was introduced too late.

I was also expecting a cliff-hanger ending where we'd finally learn Loki's real intentions and meet her real master, but alas, I guess we're not having that until the start of Book III.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well! I called it, that banner is some of the Book II enemies:

I suspect Book II is coming to an end soon, so I could also see them releasing a banner with some of the enemies of the story, such as Veronica (since we'll be saving her), and the Muspell sisters.
Obviously not Veronica, but the Muspell sisters yes. I've been looking forward to when they join, so I'll be saving the bulk of my orbs for that. I did some pulling on the Fates banner, but, alas, I got pity-broken by a regular Ike. I guess that means no Flora or Ophelia for me for now, and a wasted set of ~80 orbs. But that's how it goes sometimes, I'll be okay with missing out on them for now, even though I'd like to get them in the future. I still have a decent stash for Laegjarn & Laevatein. I'd especially like to pull Laegjarn the most, but I'd be happy with either. And there's Halloween coming after that...

The Fire Emblem Heroes update is out now, and with it, the datamine was also released. In it, it contains a very shocking reveal regarding what next week's banner will feature,
I think I'm one of the few that was actually expecting something like this. As for Hrid, I think there's a strong chance that he'll be our next Legendary Hero. That, or the other Nifl sister.

Also, congrats on Micaiah, especially with a good nature! She's definitely a good unit, I use her a lot. Plus, the Brave Heroes get featured frequently in banners, so I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to grab them in the future.

~30 orbs, +Atk/-Res (if i'm reading it right)

Got lucky there, though she'd probably prefer -Spd, but when you have 35 Res with a bane, it's not so bad. Especially when with an Atk boon you hit 51 Atk.
Yes, that's right. Congrats! That's a great pull. Res is definitely a tolerable bane, especially when she's got her best boon. Her base Res is already the highest in the game, so it's not a huge loss for her to take a hit to that stat. Plus, her A-passive works to help patch that up. She'll be pretty much immune to green magic, and will still have strong matchups against red mages.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
This morning I was blessed by the perfect Ophelia. Literally my 5th pull on the banner!
image0.png

Coincidently enough, she came with Silas. I pulled Silas first and I was prepared to turn him into a manual if the the other blue wasn't Ophelia. She actually was and was +atk/-def. Best thing is +atk is Ophelia's superboon!

Troykv

Smash Master
The news with the next banner are very interesting and make sense in the hindsight

D

Deleted member

I was going to skip the banner, but something compelled me to pull... so I spent some money on Orbs in an attempt to get Ophelia.
Admittedly, my expectations were low. After the Brave Heroes banner took my dreams and dashed them aside with some of the worst luck imaginable, I didn't expect this to go any better.
But, I managed to have some good luck here! I first managed to pull Silas first. I wasn't too disappointed since Silas is a bro and I like him. He is +Res/-Def, which isn't the worst thing ever since he will get demoted.
My second 5 star was Ophelia! Yes! And she is +Attack/-HP too! So I gave her Life & Death 3 and now she has 60 attack, which is insane! I'm glad I summoned on the banner!

Now it's time for me to skip the next banners and focus on getting Hector. I don't care about anyone from Book 2... Helbindi would be cool, but eh. The only Book 2 character I really want is Surtr, but only for the fact that he's an Alolan Ganondorf who wants to set the world on fire because yes.
Depending on how the Hector luck goes, I might return to the Nohrian banner for more Ophelias and try for Flora.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I think I'm one of the few that was actually expecting something like this. As for Hrid, I think there's a strong chance that he'll be our next Legendary Hero. That, or the other Nifl sister.
I wasn't expecting the Book II antagonists to become summonable that soon, though looking at how Book II ended, I can see why they'd release those characters for next week's banner.

As for Hrid, I actually doubt he'll be our next Legendary Hero, let alone our next red Legendary Hero. This month's Legendary Hero is expected to be blue, and the red Hero won't happen until late November-early December. I think Legendary Roy as an Red Infantry Archer will be the next red Legendary Hero. IS seems to be saving those colored bows for the Legendary Heroes at the moment, and the only color yet to be covered of the colored bows is red.

As for why I think it'll be Roy? Almost all of the first CYL winners now have Legendary Hero alts, and the only one out of those four that is yet to have the LH treatment is Roy. Much like how they made Lyn a Green Archer because of her primarily green color scheme and Lucina a Blue Archer because of her primarily blue color scheme, IS will likely make him the red archer going off his primarily red color scheme. I can also imagine his dialogue the moment he is revealed in his trailer going along the lines of, "My best friend Wolt is a really good Archer, and he taught me how to use the bow. Never have I expected I'd be using the bow in a time like this though!"

The last Legendary Hero banner would've been a great time to bring Hrid as the Legendary Hero since his sisters Gunnthra and Fjorm made their return in that banner, but now that he missed out, I'm more skeptical of him showing up for the next time they do a red Legendary Hero. Perhaps if Book III debuts around late November-early December and Hrid is the free gift unit for it much like Fjorm was in Book II, I can see Hrid happening, but that's maybe if Book III will return to the Askr vs Embla conflict where Hrid will use his position as King of Nifl to serve as a major ally to Askr.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I wasn't expecting the Book II antagonists to become summonable that soon, though looking at how Book II ended, I can see why they'd release those characters for next week's banner.

As for Hrid, I actually doubt he'll be our next Legendary Hero, let alone our next red Legendary Hero. This month's Legendary Hero is expected to be blue, and the red Hero won't happen until late November-early December. I think Legendary Roy as an Red Infantry Archer will be the next red Legendary Hero. IS seems to be saving those colored bows for the Legendary Heroes at the moment, and the only color yet to be covered of the colored bows is red.

As for why I think it'll be Roy? Almost all of the first CYL winners now have Legendary Hero alts, and the only one out of those four that is yet to have the LH treatment is Roy. Much like how they made Lyn a Green Archer because of her primarily green color scheme and Lucina a Blue Archer because of her primarily blue color scheme, IS will likely make him the red archer going off his primarily red color scheme. I can also imagine his dialogue the moment he is revealed in his trailer going along the lines of, "My best friend Wolt is a really good Archer, and he taught me how to use the bow. Never have I expected I'd be using the bow in a time like this though!"

The last Legendary Hero banner would've been a great time to bring Hrid as the Legendary Hero since his sisters Gunnthra and Fjorm made their return in that banner, but now that he missed out, I'm more skeptical of him showing up for the next time they do a red Legendary Hero. Perhaps if Book III debuts around late November-early December an Hrid is the free gift unit for it much like Fjorm was in Book II, I can see Hrid happening, but that's maybe if Book III will return to the Askr vs Embla conflict where Hrid will use his position as King of Nifl to serve as a major ally to Askr.
What do you expect from the September Hero? As you said pretty much everything points to be a blue hero; but which options we have? Should be a Nohr/Jugdrall themed hero? Or should we went with an outcast that would fit the Blue/Earth Thematic (Micaiah)?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
What do you expect from the September Hero? As you said pretty much everything points to be a blue hero; but which options we have? Should be a Nohr/Jugdrall themed hero? Or should we went with an outcast that would fit the Blue/Earth Thematic (Micaiah)?
I actually haven't thought much about the blue Legendary Hero to be honest. The only one that immediately came to my mind was Micaiah for obvious reasons (don't know if she'd be Earth though since LH Marth was that seasonal type), though I also thought Blue Manakete Corrin could be a possibility. Female Corrin seems likely for that seeing how she's the more popular gender, and she is already a Blue Manakete in Heroes. Her LH alt will probably use a much stronger version of the weapon she already uses. The only problem with Corrin being the LH is that next month's LH will be green, and I think that's when we'll see Bolverk Armored Xander for that (seems likely that's how Legendary Xander will be like now that we know Garon isn't the Axe Armor knight like we all thought he'd be).

I'd love for IS to throw a curveball though. Maybe we could get something like a blue Legendary Hero Azura where she'd be our first Cavalry Dancer and she'd use an ancient Vallite tome of some sort (her being a mounted tome user would be a reference to Arete, her mother, with the added ability to sing).

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I actually haven't thought much about the blue Legendary Hero to be honest. The only one that immediately came to my mind was Micaiah for obvious reasons (don't know if she'd be Earth though since LH Marth was that seasonal type), though I also thought Blue Manakete Corrin could be a possibility. Female Corrin seems likely for that seeing how she's the more popular gender, and she is already a Blue Manakete in Heroes. Her LH alt will probably use a much stronger version of the weapon she already uses. The only problem with Corrin being the LH is that next month's LH will be green, and I think that's when we'll see Bolverk Armored Xander for that (seems likely that's how Legendary Xander will be like now that we know Garon isn't the Axe Armor knight like we all thought he'd be).

I'd love for IS to throw a curveball though. Maybe we could get something like a blue Legendary Hero Azura where she'd be our first Cavalry Dancer and she'd use an ancient Vallite tome of some sort (her being a mounted tome user would be a reference to Arete, her mother, with the added ability to sing).
Actually; LH Marth was Fire; so we're sure the next Elemental Season can't be someone related to Fire.

And yeah; Corrin and Azura are possibilities too.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Actually; LH Marth was Fire; so we're sure the next Elemental Season can't be someone related to Fire.

And yeah; Corrin and Azura are possibilities too.
So Marth was Fire? I completely forgot.

We can rule out Wind too since Lucina was the one before him, and she was Wind. This leaves only Earth and Water.

I can't think of a reason why Micaiah might be associated with Earth, but Corrin and Azura definitely would be the kind of Legendary Heroes associated with Water considering how they both have water powers.

Troykv

Smash Master
So Marth was Fire? I completely forgot.

We can rule out Wind too since Lucina was the one before him, and she was Wind. This leaves only Earth and Water.

I can't think of a reason why Micaiah might be associated with Earth, but Corrin and Azura definitely would be the kind of Legendary Heroes associated with Water considering how they both have water powers.
Micaiah has Dark Affinity; and her powers (some of them, the non-heron ones) are associated with a... being considered chaotic and "dark".... What this has to do with Earth Affinity?

Well; Dark Creatures like the Akanean Dark Dragons are related with the Earth (in fact; the Dark Dragon from Akanea are Reborned Earth Dragons)... Grima is an example of a Dark Thing being associated with Earth.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And here we go! The Muspell characters that will be summoned in this Friday's banner now have their own trailer!

Helbindi and Laegjarn have A-skills that will help boost your Arena score. Well then...

I've got 100 orbs at the moment, and I might try to go for Laegjarn. I might want to save up on a few though in case the Legendary Hero banner has something that interests me. We'll see.

D

Deleted member

And here we go! The Muspell characters that will be summoned in this Friday's banner now have their own trailer!

Helbindi and Laegjarn have A-skills that will help boost your Arena score. Well then...

I've got 100 orbs at the moment, and I might try to go for Laegjarn. I might want to save up on a few though in case the Legendary Hero banner has something that interests me. We'll see.
I will wait for Hector to return on the Legendary banner and then summon for him, and then I will debate between getting Flora or Helbindi.
The former could be useful for taking down some powerful DC units, while the latter has an A skill that will boost the score of my only +10 5 star green unit (Nino). I will make that decision another time, but a +10 Hector is my goal.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
After so many tries, I FINALLY beat Garon's GHB on Infernal a few hours earlier!

^This was the moment of that oh so satisfying victory!

This was a tough GHB! My Summer Takumi solo with three dancers did not work at all no matter how I adjusted my kills, and not even my Flier Emblem and Horse Emblem teams were able to beat it either.

I ultimately ended up using a F2P team and trying to use a guide to beat it, but I had to keep switching around a few units when none of them were working the way I wanted them to (I've tried a few times with Veronica and Brave Lyn, but neither were helping me here). I finally succeeded with a semi-F2P you seee here, with the only exceptions were that I used Flying Olivia instead of normal Olivia and Reinhardt instead of Ursula. Even that team took a few tries, but I finally got it!

Now for something I rarely do here: Rant time! This one is relating to Garon's GHB map, and I just want to get this out of my chest:

Can we talk about how Garon's GHB map felt quite... effortless design-wise?

What do I mean? Let's take a look at Garon's GHB map shall we:

Looks really basic, yes? Literally, the only thing that makes it unique compared to other inner castle maps aside from the wall layout is the addition of the portals on the sides. With Garon, a healer, and an Armor Knight stationed at the top center with new enemies being summoned through the portals in a darkened setting on the sides, it's ultimately a reference to Birthright's Endgame map:

So why is it a big issue for me? It's mainly because when IS adapted Birthright's Endgame map, they didn't go all out with adapting the design. In FE:H, it's just a darkened castle interior with portals on the sides while trying to imitate the design of the map from that game. Where's the castle rugs in the center of the map? Where's those darkened, patterned tiles akin to that Castle Krakenburg map alongside the rugs? Where's the patches of darkened dirt and the sense of disarray that the Birthright Endgame map had?

This is especially frustrating when you see how IS went all out in adapting Conquest's Endgame map to Fire Emblem Heroes. I mean, just look at Infested Takumi's GHB map and compare it how it looked like in Conquest:

It's a really good adaptation of that map, right? It looks exactly like Conquest's Endgame map but shrunken down. It really does feel like you're in Castle Shirasagi's destroyed throne room.

Now compare it back to how IS adapted Birthright's Endgame map into Fire Emblem Heroes. It may have the same layout but shrunken down, but it's ultimately just lifeless because this isn't Castle Krakenburg. It's just a normal castle. Castle Krankenburg has a pretty cool design, and the way it looked visual-wise in that Birthright's Chapter 27 map was especially awesome too!

You want to know what was even more lazy? They didn't even have the Birthright version of End of All playing for Garon's GHB map, yet they had the Conquest version of End of All playing for Infested Takumi's GHB map? What's this about?

I had hopes IS was going to make Garon's GHB map look as cool as Birthright's Endgame map just like how they adapted Conquest's Endgame map for Infested Takumi's GHB (though technically, they used that map prior for the New Year's Tempest Trials), but instead, they just made a rather lazy and lifeless version of it. Disappointing. Just disappointing. IS has even designed some unique maps before like Legendary Lyn battle that had a much more unique look compared to other maps (the Lyn LHB map used Sacae houses to create the feeling you really were in Sacae). I really wish they'd branch out beyond the TTs and give more of those boss maps that unique flair.

Back to a lighter note, I finally reached a major milestone in Fire Emblem Heroes!

I finally cleared all the Book II Chain Challenges on Lunatic! With that accomplishment, this also means I have finally completed all Lunatic Chain Challenges!

Boy, what a long and arduous journey this was! My Flier Emblem team with the addition of Myrrh is what finally allowed to clear most of those Chain Challenges that were giving me trouble. Of course, my Flier Emblem team couldn't do it all themselves. I had to use a mish-mash of other units in some of those battles. There were several of them, particularly in Book 1 Chapters 11 & 12 and most of the Book II Chapters for those 10 battle runs, where I had to follow F2P guides using a team of mostly F2P units or units similar to them to get through most of the battles so that my Flier Emblem could take care of the rest.

I still have to clear all the Chain Challenges on Normal and Hard difficulty though, but that shouldn't be a problem for me since those are much easier to deal with compared to the Lunatic difficulty.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Fittingly enough, I managed to use my Corrin team to take down Garon. : 3

Here's the recording. Corrin's fight with Garon himself was brilliant. :laugh:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well, the Muspell banner is here! I had about 200 orbs saved up for it, with Laegjarn being the one I wanted the most. I liked her character the most, but I also think her design looks really good, and I also like wyvern riders quite a bit. About 50 or so orbs in, and...

Laegjarn.png

There she was! But she came with among the most unfortunate natures: +Res/-Spd. Alas! At least I pulled her. She's still quite good though.

Since she came early, I thought I would do some more pulls, in hopes of grabbing Laevatein as well, or maybe Laegjarn with a better nature. My next pull was -Spd Mia. Well, that's another merge for Mia, I suppose.

And then I spend about another 100 orbs pulling, until....!

Luke.png

NO. NOOOO...! Ugh, why! I got this clown again. It's the second time he's shown up recently, and I didn't like it the first time, and I especially didn't like it this time. Sure, he's one of the rarest characters in the game, but that doesn't mean I want to pull him. He's going to be Panic Ploy or Brave Sword fodder.

Well, that was that for pulling. I also got a couple 4* Silvias, it's nice they dropped her, and I now have a sufficient number of Pallas to reach +10 (still need a lot of feathers, however!). I got another copy of Catria as well, so now I only need 2 more for her.

After so many tries, I FINALLY beat Garon's GHB on Infernal a few hours earlier!
Congrats on beating Infernal and hitting your milestones! And I agree on Garon's map, it was a bit bland. However, Garon's artwork really is phenomenal, so that's at least some recompense.

Fittingly enough, I managed to use my Corrin team to take down Garon. : 3

Here's the recording. Corrin's fight with Garon himself was brilliant. :laugh:
I had my Summer Corrin be the one to take out Garon -- it only seemed fitting!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to mention it earlier, but I have now finished building two units for Fire Emblem Heroes!

Here's the first one:

I now have my own Nowi! She is +Spd -Res, and I've been holding on to her for a while. It wasn't until I got another Brave Ike recently that I was finally able to give her Steady Breath! Her build is pretty standard for most Nowi builds.

I also have another Nowi that's +Def -Spd. I don't know what made me go with the Nowi I've finished now since this was a decision I made way back then, but I think it was because I heard the suggestion about how Speed is her best boon.

Though this Nowi's nature isn't as ideal, I've been giving her a spin in some battles outside of Arena, and she still does quite well! She can go up against most units even if her bulk isn't as high as other Nowis. I'll use her for now, but if I ever pull another Brave Ike, I'll use him to give that other Nowi Steady Breath and invest in that Nowi from there (since +Def -Spd is arguably her best nature now). When that happens, I'll probably use this Nowi as Steady Breath fodder for one of my dragons for my future Dragon Emblem team (I'll use other Nowis for the merges).

Here's my second unit:

It's my Winter Tharja from the Legendary Hero banner a few months ago.

She is +Atk -Def, and while the bane is not a lot to be desired, I've found ways to boost her Defense: a refined +Def Rauorowl and Def +3 seal (Squad Ace B provides the same effect)! Since she'll be used as a red alternative to my Black Knight in my Armor Emblem team and will most likely huddle around her fellow Armor teammates, she'll make very good use of Rauorowl and will usually get the right stat boosts from it (Defense among them). Add to the Fortify Armor buffs from my Legendary Hector, and she'll still gain those particularly high Defense and Resistance stats!

I could also give her the Close Def 3 seal as another alternative to boost her Defense, but since I'm still using that seal at the moment, I'm going with the Defense +3 for now. It'll take some time to max out the seal though since I'm short on seal coins at the moment.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Double post time, but we got a new update on Fire Emblem Heroes: Young Tiki is our next Legendary Hero!

She is an Armored Blue Manakete with a unique weapon that is effective against enemy Manaketes complete with a built-in Distant Counter. She also Fierce Breath, which is the Attack version of Steady Breath and Warding Breath, Bold Fighter, and an exclusive C-skill that grants her and her adjacent allies a +5 boost in Defense and Resistance as long as she is adjacent to an ally.

The other units in this banner are Legendary Ike, Bridal Tharja, Karla, Spring Catria, Micaiah, Legendary Hector, Brave Ike, Spring Sharena, Legendary Robin, Jaffar, and Maribelle.

Didn't expect we'd get Young Tiki as a Legendary Hero, let alone a Blue Manakete version of her considering her past versions were all Red Manaketes, but she looks interesting. Not really a priority for me though, but hey, she does make good Bold Fighter and Fierce Breath fodder. I'm more interested in pulling for Green this time around, mainly because Brave Ike is in it and I want more Steady Breath fodder. I wouldn't mind pulling some more Legendary Hectors though for more Distant Counter fodders either.

D

Deleted member

My top priority for this banner is Hector and I am thankful that the other two units I could pull aren't bad; I could always use Steady Breath (in fact I need it for Fjorm) and my Sharena is +Attack/-Speed so I wouldn't mind a better one.
If there are no greens, then I will try for Tiki, and thankfully Catria and Micaiah aren't bad pulls either. I am not a fan of what IS is doing though... armored units dominate the meta currently and all Tiki really needs is Aether and the QR SS and she's good to go. Not long after the Brave Heroes banner, which introduced two scary armored units, I didn't want any more... doesn't help that she'll crush Nowi and male Grima because of her weapon.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Forgot to mention it earlier, but I have now finished building two units for Fire Emblem Heroes!
Both Nowi and Tharja look great! The Steady Breath + Aether build is especially strong for dragons, and investing in Nowi's speed actually seems like it would work pretty well. As for Tharja, well, the armor units have extra stats, so she is still quite tanky, even taking the Def bane. Stack on some Ward Armors and she should be incredibly resistant to all sorts of threats!

Double post time, but we got a new update on Fire Emblem Heroes: Young Tiki is our next Legendary Hero!

She is an Armored Blue Manakete with a unique weapon that is effective against enemy Manaketes complete with a built-in Distant Counter. She also Fierce Breath, which is the Attack version of Steady Breath and Warding Breath, Bold Fighter, and an exclusive C-skill that grants her and her adjacent allies a +5 boost in Defense and Resistance as long as she is adjacent to an ally.

The other units in this banner are Legendary Ike, Bridal Tharja, Karla, Spring Catria, Micaiah, Legendary Hector, Brave Ike, Spring Sharena, Legendary Robin, Jaffar, and Maribelle.

Didn't expect we'd get Young Tiki as a Legendary Hero, let alone a Blue Manakete version of her considering her past versions were all Red Manaketes, but she looks interesting. Not really a priority for me though, but hey, she does make good Bold Fighter and Fierce Breath fodder. I'm more interested in pulling for Green this time around, mainly because Brave Ike is in it and I want more Steady Breath fodder. I wouldn't mind pulling some more Legendary Hectors though for more Distant Counter fodders either.
Tiki is one of my favorite characters, so of course I'm going to have to pull for her...! And here I was hoping that my orbs might be safe for Halloween, or maybe some more pulls on the Muspell banner. Oh well, so it goes! Hopefully Tiki will come to me relatively early on in the pulling...

My top priority for this banner is Hector and I am thankful that the other two units I could pull aren't bad; I could always use Steady Breath (in fact I need it for Fjorm) and my Sharena is +Attack/-Speed so I wouldn't mind a better one.
If there are no greens, then I will try for Tiki, and thankfully Catria and Micaiah aren't bad pulls either. I am not a fan of what IS is doing though... armored units dominate the meta currently and all Tiki really needs is Aether and the QR SS and she's good to go. Not long after the Brave Heroes banner, which introduced two scary armored units, I didn't want any more... doesn't help that she'll crush Nowi and male Grima because of her weapon.
I agree, I also find it quite annoying that IS has been laving so much attention on armors lately. Armors have the best skills in the game, so it would be nice if they did some more to help out other unit types. Ah well.

Nah

Smash Champion
lmao the game gave me Legendary Hector on my free pull

and he's not -Atk like my other 2 Hectors either, so that's good

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I managed to pull two Brave Ikes in the Legendary Hero banner thus far!

This means I can finally give that +Def -Spd Nowi that I have the Steady Breath she wants! I can also start working on a Dragon Emblem team, now that I can use my old Nowi as Steady Breath fodder for either my Ninian or Adult Tiki and the other Brave Ike for the other one of the two dragons!

Only issue now is that I got a long way to go in accumulating feathers to first promote said Nowi to 5-stars, and then accumulate more feathers to bring one of my Chroms to 5-star for Aether fodder.

Astellius

Smash Ace
lmao the game gave me Legendary Hector on my free pull

and he's not -Atk like my other 2 Hectors either, so that's good
Congrats! The game was not so kind to me, with me dumping in all ~120 of my orbs, only to be greeted by a dupe Micaiah at the end. Oof. It's reminiscent of me trying to pull the regular young Tiki on a previous Legendary banner.

At least I was able to conquer Abyssal Hector last night after pulling, so there's at least an accomplishment of skill as some recompense for the bad luck.

Oh! And with the feathers from HM grinding and GC, I was able to +10 Palla! She's now the second Whitewing to reach +10! I'll post a picture after I get her a more finished set of skills -- she's still using her Ruby Sword+, LnD 2, and Wings of Mercy. So her skill set isn't impressive yet, but she joins the ranks as my fifth +10 unit.

D

Deleted member

Yesterday was the big day for me. I was going to get as many Hector merges as possible. Here are the results:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I got him to +6 and he is now +Attack/-Res. Although Res is a super bane, it's hard to not pass up +Attack.
In the process though, I got a lot of Sharenas... so I decided to merge all of them and she's now +6 too; she's +Speed/-HP. I also managed to get this power creeping child and Brave Ike was my free summon.
In total, I got 6 Hectors, 6 Sharenas, 4 Brave Ike, 4 Catrias, 2 Tikis (the one I'm using is +Attack/-Speed), 2 Micaiahs, and a Legendary Ike.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The next Voting Gauntlet theme has been revealed! "Fathers and Daughters" is what it's called, and it begins on October 2. Here are the matchups:

Anyone else joining me for Team Julia?

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well, I finally managed to clear Tiki's Abyssal map! In the end, I decided to give my Tiki summoner support, along with a new support partner in PA Azura. I was a bit reluctant to do so, since my summoner support had been with Brave Lucina since the beginning, but I'm also very fond of Tiki, and am certain that it will be useful in future Abyssal content as well.

In the end, the Superior Tiki emerged victorious!

Tiki v Tiki.png

Yesterday was the big day for me. I was going to get as many Hector merges as possible. Here are the results:
He's coming along quite nicely! Only 4 more to go!

Anyone else joining me for Team Julia?
I will be joining Team Lilina. How about everyone else?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So after pulling the two Brave Ikes from the Legendary Hero banner, I've been using my orbs to see if I could get anyone from the Swift Sparrow fodder, wanting that skill for one of my units. Today, I've accumulated 28 orbs thanks to the new quests with the start of a new month, so I switched between the Legendary Hero banner and the Swift Sparrow banner to see what I'd get (for the LH banner, I wanted to see if I could get Legendary Tiki). When I switched to the Swift Sparrow banner about 14 orbs in, I struck gold!

I finally have a Swift Sparrow unit that isn't Brave Lyn, and it's Flying Nino! She is +Spd -Def, which is a solid nature.

However, I have no intention of using Flying Nino since I'm not interested in this particular unit. The only unit I want to invest in from the Swift Sparrow banner if I pull one with the right nature is Mage Erika. Thus, I decided to use Flying Nino as my first Swift Sparrow fodder.

I had to think about who to give Swift Sparrow to: it was either my Kinshi Hinoka, my Summer Takumi, or my NY!Takumi. I decided to go with the last of the three options: I'd like to give Kinshi Hinoka or Summer Takumi Swift Sparrow once I have a Faye to give either of them the Firesweep Bow. NY!Takumi, on the other hand, needs it more: he was using Life and Death beforehand, and while it does improve his killing potential, it lowers his defenses quite harshly. Thus, I figured Swift Sparrow worked better on him since it gives him a similar Attack and Speed boost while allowing him to retain his bulk: this means he can tank better against mages!

I also realized one of the extra Spring Kageros I pulled from a while back could give him an edge with a Lethal Carrot, and Saius could give him Speed Ploy for better ways to outspeed his foes. This also meant Moonbow would suit NY!Takumi well. With all these new goodies given to him, I have created what I call the perfect NY!Takumi:

Now we're talking!

And I gotta say, NY!Takumi wielding the Lethal Carrot is pretty hilarious!

He looks like he is about to throw the deadliest javelin... but in the form of a carrot!

Here, he's just to throw the carrot to the other side of the river to qualify for the Javelin throw in the Olympics. Good thing there isn't an enemy directly on the other side!

Beware of he who throws deadly carrots!

D

Deleted member

Well, I finally managed to clear Tiki's Abyssal map! In the end, I decided to give my Tiki summoner support, along with a new support partner in PA Azura. I was a bit reluctant to do so, since my summoner support had been with Brave Lucina since the beginning, but I'm also very fond of Tiki, and am certain that it will be useful in future Abyssal content as well.

In the end, the Superior Tiki emerged victorious!

View attachment 167673

He's coming along quite nicely! Only 4 more to go!

I will be joining Team Lilina. How about everyone else?
Congrats on the Abyssal victory! I haven't done it because I am not interested in it at all... it's just bragging rights really.

I now need 3 more Hectors! I hope I can get three of him with a lot of Orbs in December! Oh, and I need three more Sharenas... so if I ever feel tempted to +10 her when her banner is back, it's an option.

I'll be on team Morgan! I gotta support my daughter!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This year's Halloween banner has been revealed, and it starts this Friday!

The featured units are Mia, Kagero, Niles, and Myrrh.

Of note, Mia is our first flying staff user and Kagero is our first armored dagger user (she's also our second green dagger unit). Niles is our second blue archer (as well as our second armored archer), and Myrrh is a red armored manakete.

Dorcas has also been confirmed to be our TT reward for this banner. Yep, he's getting a Halloween alt (here's hoping Ippei will draw him)!

I think I'll be skipping this banner for the most part. Mia is the only unit that interests me, but that's mainly for her Hone Fliers, something that a few of my fliers + my Flying Olivia would really benefit from.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
There's just something amusing about Kagero. Everyone else has a Halloween themed outfit, but Kagero? It's literally just Kagero in a maid outfit. The outfit doesn't even have the Halloween colors like all the other Halloween units have.

Dorcas's title is Pumpkin Smasher. Headless Horseman? Jack o'Lantern?

Nah

Smash Champion
>Bottled Juice

it's ok I.S., I know what it really is

Seems like this batch of units is focused on screwing with special cooldowns, given how much accelerated special charging is a thing in the meta now.

D

Deleted member

I'm only going to try for Mia and that's it...
I have to say though, I am massively disappointed by the amount of armor units they have been adding recently. Not long after we got a 180 BST armored unit, we might get another... I'm tired of seeing them.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Free pull and that's it. Haven't decided on the color. Saving up orbs in hopes of getting two Summer Cordelias. They've finished up on the 2019 Spring units and we still have to go through Ninian and Sanaki from the Bridal Banner. We're guaranteed a Summer unit in the October Legendary Banner.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well! The new banner definitely has been kind to me, granting me all the units I really wanted -- and more! After depleting my orb stash in pursuit of L. Tiki (and not getting her... grr!), I had about ~80 something orbs going in. I ended up using only about 50 of them, and I got...

Mia.png

Mia was the one I really wanted the most, and what do you know, she showed up! She has a neutral nature, so that's decent enough (certainly better than a bad bane). It's nice that the Tellius characters on these recent seasonals all have came to me, all within a reasonable amount of orbs too.

But that's not all, I decided to do pull on some reds, and I was pleasantly surprised with this:

Lucina.png

Ah, Lucina! This time +Spd/-Res, which is arguably her best nature! That's a huge improvement over the nature she had before, which was -Atk and a boon in something irrelevant. I'm pleased with this!

And, lastly, I successfully pulled Myrrh when I tried some pulls again later in the day.
Myrrh.png

Def boon, HP bane -- I'll take it! Def is almost certainly her best boon, since it pretty much guarantees she'll double when she initiates, thanks to Spirit Breath. And, with a Def stat that high, she'll be nearly impervious to a lot of physical threats. Perhaps I'll be able to make it back into T21 when she's a bonus hero?

D

Deleted member

I summoned on the banner to get Mia and only Mia... she was the only unit that I wanted from this batch.
This year was a repeat of the Halloween banner for me last year... by that I mean the colorless pool was incredibly kind to me. I managed to pull a Jaffar, a Takumi, and at last Mia! She is completely neutral!
I then bought some Orbs to make up what I spent (about 50-60) and I used the remaining ones on the Muspell banner... I got a +HP/-Res Laevatein! I tried it once more for Leg Yarn and I got... Karel... this guy needs to leave me alone. >_> He loves getting in the way of women it seems... first summer Tana, then dancer Micaiah, and now Leg Yarn (to be fair, my pity percent was nonexistent, but I still hate seeing him).
There was a problem fetching the tweet

EDIT: And here is my Mia! I have a lot of Bride Lyns after trying to get Cordelia, so I gave her Dazzling Staff.
Actually, fun fact about Bride Lyn: If I haven't foddered her off and merged her instead, I would be one away from having a +10 Bride Lyn. Yeah... I got that many.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Not a lot has been happening with Fire Emblem Heroes on my end lately, but I did finally get this unit as my free summon from last year's Halloween banner rerun:

Halloween Sakura! Last year, she was my most wanted Halloween unit, but I got Halloween Jakob when I sniped for Silver at the time. Little did I know Jakob would turn out to be one of the best units in the game unlike her, so now, when I was sniping for Silver, I was hoping for a better nature Halloween Jakob (mine is +Def -Atk). Still, I'm happy to get this precious cinnamon roll.

It's a shame that her nature is bad though: +Res -Spd. The boon does help her tank against mages better, but the speed bane is a huge detriment for a speedy unit like her. That really sucks.

I also finished building two units just recently:

This Lyn is one that I had for quite some time, but only recently have I finally managed to finished building her. She is +Atk -Spd: the nature may look hit-or-miss at first, but it does suit her weapon refine. Her first major victory was in the recent Earth Blessed Gardens map where she was very clutch in tanking and taking down Valentine Hector in that map.

Nowi might not look surprising at first since I already shared another Nowi I built in the past, but this one is slightly different: this new Nowi is +Def -Spd, which is one of her best natures. She can tank much better with this nature, and I gave her Ignis for the time being to mesh well with her high Defense. One of my Brave Ikes that I pulled from the recent Legendary Heroes banner was used to give her Steady Breath. Now begins the long journey of achieving that 40+10 Nowi build!

As for my old Nowi? I'm planning on using her as skill fodder for the Ninian I've long been keeping: she would really benefit from Steady Breath. I haven't decided who to use my remaining Brave Ike SB fodder on at the moment: it'll likely be either Adult Tiki (for a Lightning Breath build, assuming I don't pull another DC fodder to go with a Breath of Fog build) or my Shiro.

Nah

Smash Champion
fun fact: Myrrh is now on 3 different banners running at the same time

i guess it’s Myrrhtober

let’s have a Myrrhtoberfest

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
With the new BHB in Fire Emblem Heroes out now, a new banner came up associated with it. I went for red to see if I could get Mage Eirika, but I got this for my free summon instead:

My first Sword Reinhardt!

He even got his single best nature: +Atk -Spd! Now THAT'S awesome!

I'll need to figure out a good build for him. I now he works well as both an enemy phase and a player phase unit depending on the skills you give him. If I had DC fodder, I could go for the enemy phase build right away, but I don't have said fodder. I'll probably go for the player phase build for now since I have the more available skills for it.

D

Deleted member

With the new BHB in Fire Emblem Heroes out now, a new banner came up associated with it. I went for red to see if I could get Mage Eirika, but I got this for my free summon instead:

My first Sword Reinhardt!

He even got his single best nature: +Atk -Spd! Now THAT'S awesome!

I'll need to figure out a good build for him. I now he works well as both an enemy phase and a player phase unit depending on the skills you give him. If I had DC fodder, I could go for the enemy phase build right away, but I don't have said fodder. I'll probably go for the player phase build for now since I have the more available skills for it.
Congrats on getting a perfect meme man!

If you get DC fodder, definitely give him DC. I run DC on him too and he just completely outclasses sword cavaliers like Xander. All he would want from a DC build is a different special and DC... that's it. He'll double regardless because of his sword, so Vantage is perfect on him.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The new Fire Emblem Heroes banner has been announced, and it's this year's Farfetched Heroes banner!

Loki, Kliff, and Owain are the featured units, as they were all some of the most prominent remaining characters of this year's CYL2 that weren't beastkin units.

Aversa is also confirmed to be the GHB for this banner.

This banner is a safe skip for me. Nothing interests me aside from Kliff, but that's mainly for his Chill Speed. I'm glad Aversa is finally getting a GHB though. Felt odd she didn't get a GHB back when the first Awakening banner came out earlier this year.

Top Bottom