• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Nino alt was leaked by a screw up on IS's front. They displayed a banner on the home page of a summoning video (which just redirected you to the Genealogy video). Between Nino alt being either cavalry or flying, I'm leaning towards the latter. Morgan is the closest comparison I could find.

RELEASE THE CANAS, IS!

Troykv

Smash Master
Nino alt was leaked by a screw up on IS's front. They displayed a banner on the home page of a summoning video (which just redirected you to the Genealogy video). Between Nino alt being either cavalry or flying, I'm leaning towards the latter. Morgan is the closest comparison I could find.

RELEASE THE CANAS, IS!
Yesh! My third favorite girl is getting a new version! <3

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
When you lost to the opposing team in the first round of a Voting Gauntlet because the other team got the last hour multiplier, so you end up joining the team that opposing team will face in the next round... only to lose to that team again because that opposing team gets another last hour multiplier.

Yep, Team Ike lost to Team Gunthra because of what I just described.

And I was on Team Ryoma when the VG began.

Well, this is unfortunate. It looks like I'll be jumping to Team Alfonse at this rate.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
When you lost to the opposing team in the first round of a Voting Gauntlet because the other team got the last hour multiplier, so you end up joining the team that opposing team will face in the next round... only to lose to that team again because that opposing team gets another last hour multiplier.

Yep, Team Ike lost to Team Gunthra because of what I just described.

And I was on Team Ryoma when the VG began.

Well, this is unfortunate. It looks like I'll be jumping to Team Alfonse at this rate.
I was on Team Grima in Round 1 when Ike got the last hour multiplier. To see him lose to that same multiplier from Team Gunnthra was poetic justice. I will support Sigurd's Successor in the finals.

Astellius

Smash Ace

RELEASE THE CANAS, IS!
Oh, flying Nino alt? That's pretty cool. That's also definitely a pegasus, since you can see the wings there. I'm hoping that the artist makes her look a little older in this one, since I think her current depiction makes her look too much like a child.

As for the voting gauntlet, I was on Team Grima last round, and Anna for this one. Winning would've been nice, but the multipliers just turns the game into a total crapshoot. Oh well, it's probably onto Alfonse for me.

Also, I'm not so fond of this update to Smashboards, I don't think it looks as nice. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And in light of the accidental leak, IS released the trailer for the newest Fire Emblem Heroes banner:

As expected after the leak happened, this banner is indeed Blazing Sword themed. The featured units are Karla, Legault, and a Flying Nino. Of interest, Karla is our first unit since Nephenee to have the Wrath skill, while Nino is our fourth "special" kind of alt in Heroes where a character gets an alt in a new story banner similar to Eirika, Chrom, and Hinoka.

Canas has also been confirmed to be a free unit, so we'll get him either as a Tempest Trial reward or as a Conquest reward.

And finally, Linus will be the GHB for this upcoming banner. With his inclusion into Heroes, the Four Fangs are finally complete.

Can't say I'm particularly interested in pulling from this banner. The only unit that really caught my attention is Karla, and that's because of her Wrath skill (if I can pull her with non-ideal IVs, my Ryoma might be finished sooner). I might also pull for Nino, but I'm mainly interested in her Swift Sparrow skill.

I'm glad that Canas showed up: I originally thought he would show up in this banner since he was the most popular Blazing Sword character yet to be added to Heroes, but I was surprised to see he'll be a free unit. Well, that's even better. No need to worry about failing to pull him while spending orbs.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yet again the most exciting character to me is the free one. Not that I'm complaining! I really hope he comes with interesting skills at least.

Legault's new weapon seems cool. Here's to hoping he's dropped down to four stars.

Not thrilled about Nino's new alt. Even as a fan of the character, I'd rather see a totally new hero.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The struggle to get Legendary Ryoma continues.

I accumulated another 20 orbs thanks to a few Chain Challenges, and so I continued sniping red orbs. I ended up getting another Sigurd instead with bad IVs: +Spd -Atk.

At least I can hold on to this extra one when I need to pass down Close Defense 3, but man, this is the third time this banner where I pulled a different red unit from the one I wanted...

Legendary Ryoma, please, come home. Your Firesweep Sword+ is waiting for you!

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Not thrilled about Nino's new alt. Even as a fan of the character, I'd rather see a totally new hero.
Same. Reminder that the last Binding Blade character to be added was Zephiel and he was a GHB. And that was over a year ago.

Troykv

Smash Master
Same. Reminder that the last Binding Blade character to be added was Zephiel and he was a GHB. And that was over a year ago.
And he was already in the base game anyway... So only was new as a playable xDU

Astellius

Smash Ace
I'm happy with this new banner. Both Nino and Karla look great, and I'm pleased that Linus will be getting his GHB, and that Canas will be making his debut as a free unit. I'm pretty indifferent to Legault, but he has his fans, so good luck to them! His art is pretty nice, and I think he'll probably drop down to 4* later on too.

As for Nino getting an alt... this is one that I really wanted added to the game. Nino is one of my favorite characters from Blazing Blade, but I really didn't like how she was implemented in Heroes before. Her original unit had an annoyingly squeaky voice, rather moronic lines, and artwork that made her look like a 9-10 year old. Ugh. Thankfully, I definitely think this artwork is better, as she looks much closer to the age she's supposed to be. Her structural proportions are much better. But I feel like I'm probably starting to complain too much though, so I'll close off what could be a rant here, since I doubt anyone's actually interested.

Milady when! Binding Blade definitely needs more love.

D

Deleted member

I just finished my third 5 star +10 unit!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I went with Nowi because she complements my team rather well and she can fulfill many roles. She supports Ayra with Infantry Pulse to make Regnal Astra a 1 turn cooldown move (which is immense during the enemy phase), is immensely tanky, and can counter annoying sword units like Bold Fighter Zelgius. I do have Quick Riposte 3 on her as a B skill, but I prefer Swordbreaker because of how prevalent BF Zelgius is.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I just finished my third 5 star +10 unit!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I went with Nowi because she complements my team rather well and she can fulfill many roles. She supports Ayra with Infantry Pulse to make Regnal Astra a 1 turn cooldown move (which is immense during the enemy phase), is immensely tanky, and can counter annoying sword units like Bold Fighter Zelgius. I do have Quick Riposte 3 on her as a B skill, but I prefer Swordbreaker because of how prevalent BF Zelgius is.
Congrats! She looks great! And yeah, there are a lot of BF Zelgiuses, etc. running around at the top in the Arena. Guard sounds like it would be a pretty good option for her as well.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting on about 140k feathers, with no Cherches in sight! Maybe I'll get some when I'm pulling for flying Nino?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
>Today is the final day of the Legendary Hero banner

> Realizes today is the final chance to pull for Legendary Ryoma until a few months from now

>Decides to spend money for 20 more orbs in the hopes of pulling Legendary Ryoma

>Snipes for red orbs

>Gets mostly a bunch of meh 4-stars and YET ANOTHER SIGURD!!!!!!!"

"SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-GUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Seriously Sigurd, why do you have to keep showing up? I DON'T NEED ANY MORE OF YOU! YOU TROLLED ME OF MY LEGENDARY RYOMA AGAIN!

The new Sigurd I received also got another bad IV spread of +Spd -Def, so that makes another Close Defense 3 fodder/potential merger with my current Sigurd I'm using.

And with no orbs in stock, so ends my run with this Legendary Hero banner. This means I have to wait two months for another chance to pull Legendary Ryoma.

Man, out of all the Legendary Hero banners I've pulled from, this has been my unluckiest one so far. To break down all the unlucky moments that happened during it:
  • Getting zero 5-stars after dumping the 105 orbs I saved for the banner
  • Learning the first NY!Takumi I pulled had a bad IV spread
  • Trying to pull for Legendary Ryoma but getting trolled by a Young Tiki
  • Sigurd trolling me of my Legendary Ryoma TWICE
The only lucky thing that happened during it was pulling the neutral NY!Takumi and thus achieving a merged build with him as his base, then temporarily giving him Cancel Affinity 3 from another Legendary Robin I pulled during the banner as I tried to pull for that better nature'd NY!Takumi. That's definitely a positive thing to happily reminisce about, especially since he's already shaping up to be an awesome dagger unit thus far.

Other than that, this banner was not a fun experience. It's sad. I was really looking forward to it after seeing how the lineup this time was leagues better than the disappointment that was the last Legendary Hero banner.

At least the new story chapter tomorrow will replenish my orbs, but I can already tell I will use these orbs in an attempt to pull Karla for that new banner... and I'm calling it now that I won't succeed in pulling her.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
  • Trying to pull for Legendary Ryoma but getting trolled by a Young Tiki
I'll trade you the Legendary Ryoma that I pulled for the Young Tiki! But, yeah, sorry to hear about all that. The banner was a pretty awful experience for me too. I decided it would be best, after i spent the ~200 orbs only to get Ryoma and a dupe Grima, just to pretty much call it quits and save my orbs. Sorta painful, since who knows when Young Tiki will be on a decent banner again. There'll probably be a banner for the upgraded weapons in a couple weeks, but she'll share the red slot with her adult form, which I already have up to +10. So it goes.

At least the game decided to give me a 5* Shigure on my free pull for the BHB battle banner. That was a pretty nice change of luck!

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I finally have a team for my NY!Takumi figured out in Fire Emblem Heroes, and I think it'll be my main team for now.

I've completed the team after finishing a build for another character I pulled recently.

Here's the full team for everyone to check out:

A run down on each of the team members:

NY!Takumi: One of the two main stars of this team. He functions as a strong glass cannon dagger user that can kill a majority of mages. If he does take a hit against a mage, Desperation kicks in and allows him to follow up kills on threatening archers like Brave Lyn.

Shiro: He's back, this time as the other star of the team! I knew a physical tank would pair well with NY!Takumi, and seeing how Shiro is one of my favorite FE characters, I decided to give him that designated role on the team. It's the same ol' Shiro form my previous Shiro team. He tanks on the enemy phase very well. He covers NY!Takumi's to physical units quite well because of it, and NY!Takumi covers Shiro's weakness to mages. I might switch Threaten Def with Def Tactics depending on how the team does in the coming battles.

Alm: This is the unit I was talking about when I said I finished "a build for a character I pulled recently." I pulled this Alm by chance about a short while ago. His IVs are +HP -Def. Because of that good boon, I decided to go with his healer build that suits him for that role (although I wish the bane was Res). Alm primarily functions as the team healer thanks to his high HP and Reciprocal Aid. The combination of Fury and Renewal allows him to hit hard while regaining some of the HP he lost. He also makes a good counter against physical green units that Shiro is weak to. Because my team consists entirely of infantry units, I decided to give Infantry Pulse to lower the cooldowns for both NY!Takumi and Shiro.

Performing Azura: The dancer of the team. Normally, her role is to support the other units by giving them an extra turn to attack and buff all their stats, but in the case she needs to attack a blue unit, she's equipped with Triangle Adept to bruise them quite hard. The combination of Drive Speed and Spur Speed helps speed up the other units.

This is the team I plan on using for now. The only thing it needs is for me to S-Support that NY!Takumi if I want.

Back when I was deciding who would be the physical tank for this team, another unit I thought I'd use for that role was Brave Ike. I wasn't sure who'd the other teammates if I went the route of the NY!Takumi and Brave Ike, but I figured out an alternate team if I ever decide to go this route: NY!Takumi, Brave Ike, Nowi, and Ryoma.

NY!Takumi and Brave Ike are the Yin and Yang that cover each other's weaknesses. Nowi serves as the main hard-hitting tanky blue unit on the team that covers Brave Ike's weakness to red units (as well as being an additional unit that can do a good job standing up to Brave Lyn), while the recent Ryoma I pulled would cover Nowi's weakness to green units. The thing is, Nowi and Ryoma are far from completion for this team to happen. I have a +Def -Spd Nowi ready as my main Nowi, but I need to pull another Brave Ike first so that I can give her Steady Breath, and then I'll use 20,000 feathers to turn her into a 5-star unit. As for Ryoma, I'm using the +Def -HP one I pulled recently, and he'll go for the tanky build; he just needs Wrath and he's all set (though I might go for the alternate Fury+Vantage build if necessary).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgive me for the double post, but we've got some Fire Emblem Heroes news. The update is out right now, and the stats for the upcoming heroes have been datelined, as well as a firsthand look into the artworks for Linus and Canas.

That awkward moment when Linus looks more handsome than his brother in Heroes when it's usually the other way around. Well, one thing's for sure: Linus's Heroes art is pretty good compared to Lloyd's.

And I absolutely love Canas's Heroes art! Tobi's work as an artist shines once again, giving Canas that nice mix of nerdy and handsome!

As for the stats of all these characters, all the characters in this new banner are quite speedy. Of the three, Karla is definitely shaping to be the best one. From what we see of her datelined, she's shaping another very strong female infantry sword user. It doesn't seem like she can surpass Ayra, but from what I've been reading, she seems to powercreep Mia.

Linus looks to be quite decent for an infantry axe user. He also has Brazen Attack/Defense, so you bet he'll be perfect fodder for that skill.

Poor Canas though. Looks like we have another hard-hitting yet slow mage with high resistance.

There will also be a new Tempest Trials coming soon, and it will feature Ursula. The seals you can obtain during it are Res Tactics, Earth Dance, and Live to Serve. Canas is the Tempest Trial reward unit.

In other news, with this new Fire Emblem Heroes update, you can finally put accessories on your units.

This means I can finally do this:

If I can't have Conrad in Heroes, then I can fill the void of a lack of a masked knight by giving one of horse units a mask for the time being!

Astellius

Smash Ace
I was pretty excited to see what Tiki's upgraded weapon would have... and it's a Falchion breath. Effective against dragons, recover 10 HP every 2 turns. The refine gives her a +5 Atk/Def boost if she's within two spaces of an ally sword user or dragon. It's a pretty strong weapon, but it ends up being pretty disappointing. There's no built in DC, so it's not really worth it, at least not for her adult version. Oh well!

Merric and Linde got some nice updates to their weapons. The new characters look great, I'm ready to throw some orbs to try to get a flying Nino!

EDIT: NEVERMIND, Nino came on my free pull! +HP/-Def, that's good with me! And that makes two banners in a row where I pulled a 5* on the free pull!!!

As for the stats of all these characters, all the characters in this new banner are quite speedy. Of the three, Karla is definitely shaping to be the best one. From what we see of her datelined, she's shaping another very strong female infantry sword user. It doesn't seem like she can surpass Ayra, but from what I've been reading, she seems to powercreep Mia.

Linus looks to be quite decent for an infantry axe user. He also has Brazen Attack/Defense, so you bet he'll be perfect fodder for that skill.

Poor Canas though. Looks like we have another hard-hitting yet slow mage with high resistance.
Yeah, the characters on the banner all look good. I'd say that Nino is the best among the group, since she occupies a unique niche. She'll be the first fast flying green mage.

Karla looks great, but the role she's moving into is already pretty saturated. There's already Mia and Ayra, and there's not really much that she's bringing to the table that would dethrone Ayra or affect Mia's position. Karla has a 35 Atk/40 Spd stat line, which is what Mia effectively has. Mia has more bulk, but Karla can do a bit more damage with the quirky new attribute.
I don't really see her as powercreeping Mia, not in any significant way. And even if Karla were better than Mia, it's not really powercreep since Ayra was already better.

But Canas definitely got shafted. He's got very mediocre Atk & Spd, and his one good stat is Res. But even that isn't so great. At least he's free.

Well, time for me to get ready to pull!

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So that new story chapter in Fire Emblem Heroes is already hinting who the next Legendary Hero will be...

Despite the chapter title, Surtr isn't killed off. Instead, Surtr resurrected himself like a Phoenix rising from the ashes. Fjorm and the Askr Trio are all shocked by this, and we learn that Surtr did "the Rite of Flames" before our heroes, and that's how he is able to resurrect himself. Fjorm becomes emotionally destroyed by this event to the point of tears, to which Surtr laughs at like the overly evil person that he is, and hte Askr Trio retreats.

Two chapters ago, Surtr and Loki talked about how they were planning to sacrifice Veronica for some kind of ritual in Muspell. Looks like that ritual they were talking about might very well be the Rite of Flames that was brought up in this chapter. If so, I wonder how did Veronica manage to survive... if she did (I'd be very surprised if IS killed her off at that time).

So those two things aside, how does this chapter tie into what IS is hinting at who the next Legendary Hero will be? Well, the chapter ends with some dialogue between Laegjarn and Laevatain. They comment how it was impressive our heroes made it this far into the castle and defeated Surtr the first time before retreating, and they mention that previously, the Nifl royal brother took on Surtr on his own before retreating and managing to escape at the cost of being wounded. Hrid basically pulled an Ephraim against Surtr, and now Laegjarn and Laevatainn think it might be a good idea to get to Hrid first before the Askr Trio reaches him.

Basically, the way there were talking about Hrid and how he managed to go up against Surtr and escape is basically IS saying, "Hey guys, you want to know who the next Legendary Hero will be? Well, you remember Fjorm, Gunthra, and Ylgr's brother we first brought up in the last chapter? Well, he's a pretty strong guy who managed to take on Surtr quite well before escaping! Don't be surprised if he's the next Legendary Hero!

I only wonder what weapon will Hrid wield. A tome, a sword, or maybe a bow?

Troykv

Smash Master
Forgive me for the double post, but we've got some Fire Emblem Heroes news. The update is out right now, and the stats for the upcoming heroes have been datelined, as well as a firsthand look into the artworks for Linus and Canas.

That awkward moment when Linus looks more handsome than his brother in Heroes when it's usually the other way around. Well, one thing's for sure: Linus's Heroes art is pretty good compared to Lloyd's.

And I absolutely love Canas's Heroes art! Tobi's work as an artist shines once again, giving Canas that nice mix of nerdy and handsome!

There will also be a new Tempest Trials coming soon, and it will feature Ursula. The seals you can obtain during it are Res Tactics, Earth Dance, and Live to Serve. Canas is the Tempest Trial reward unit.

In other news, with this new Fire Emblem Heroes update, you can finally put accessories on your units.

This means I can finally do this:

If I can't have Conrad in Heroes, then I can fill the void of a lack of a masked knight by giving one of horse units a mask for the time being!
The characters spreads are what I expected (Canas in Blazing reminds me a lot of the kind of spread Raigh has in Binding), with the only exception being Karla xDU

I was expecting her to have something like 42/32/38/23/28 (Trying to mimic Karel, Fir and Ayra into one unit)... and then *boom* 35 Atk because... Why not?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to mention this yesterday, but I beat my first Infernal GHB last night: it was Clarisse's battle!

My new NY!Takumi that I shared earlier made it possible. It was their first major victory!

Nah

Smash Champion
how chapter 10 went was....unexpected

I wonder where they're going from here? I mean, besides the obvious hint of who we're likely to meet next

Astellius

Smash Ace
Just in case you guys didn't notice since there haven't been tap battle quests, but the Illusory Dungeon was reset with the update. This means that the rewards were reset too, so you can get all the orbs, etc., if you play through it again. So don't miss out, it's only up for a couple more days!

Edit: Nvm, the rewards were a lie, and they sent a notice about it. Darn! But, hey, they're giving us orbs as a compensation for the error! So that's probably even better!

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Fire Emblem 16 was finally revealed during the Nintendo E3 Direct! It will be called Fire Emblem: Three Houses! Here's the trailer:

Looks really good! It's using a Tellius-like style with the gameplay and map layout. Of particular interest, you now have little armies following your units whenever a unit attacks, giving it a real war-like feel as you fight!

The game has been delayed until 2019 though. The official release date is now in Spring 2019. Seems like we still have to wait, but at least we now know an actual release date, and IS delaying the game's release gives me hope they really are going all out to make this is as high-quality of a Fire Emblem game as possible!

Most of the presentation focused on Smash. The official title for Smash Switch is "Super Smash Bros Ultimate," and it will feature EVERY veteran that has appeared in past Smash Bros rosters (and yes, this means Corrin returns!) They confirmed two new fighters during the Direct: Daisy, an "Echo Fighter" (the new name for clone characters) of Peach, and probably the biggest reveal yet: Ridley! Yep, Ridley is finally coming to Smash as a playable fighter! Smash Bros Switch comes out December 7, 2018!

I'll post more of my Nintendo E3 Direct thoughts later.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm still a little nervous about the series' direction, but this trailer reveal has alleviated a lot of that. There's no blatant waifu-pandering so far, and the female characters we see aren't overly sexualized at all. I looks like weapon durability is back, which I'm not excited about. On the flip side, it looks like Combat Arts are back as well, which is pretty exciting from a gameplay perspective. At least I can always count on FE to deliver on gameplay and music.

As for Smash, I'm ecstatic by what they've revealed so far. Every veteran coming back is like a dream come true. I'm most excited that my boys Ivysaur and Squirtle are back! I'm going to really miss Rock Smash, but getting Zard's old partners in crime back in the game is going to be more then worth it. With Pokemon Trainer being three characters in one I'll probably be playing as Mewtwo and Corrin a lot less in the next game, but I don't see myself dropping them altogether.

The fact that they put in Ridley is both awesome and hilarious. I actually had to do a double take to make sure it really was a new character when I saw his reveal, but I'm always happy to welcome new dragon to the cast.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I'd figure I'd some details about the game that just popped up:

First, we have the names of our three lords:

Edelgard is that prominent new female character (and Cristina Vee has already confirmed that she is indeed her voice actress), Dmitri is the blond-haired guy, and Claude is the tanned guy.

We also now that Edelgard uses axes, Dmitri uses lances, and Claude uses bows. Yes, you heard that right. Claude is an archer. This makes Claude our first true archer lord in the series (he's also our first tanned skin lord too)!

Here's some additional information about the game, detailing bits about its story and the continent's name:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a stupid name. Adding a "the" in the middle so it's "Fire Emblem: The Three Houses" would've sounded a lot better.

But that's my only gripe. The game looks really nice and it seems to be reinventing the series' gameplay just like how Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey did for their respective franchises. The three Lords also look very nice, though i am hoping that Edelgard doesn't have her spotlight taken from her by the two male Lords, a problem female Lords have faced in the past.

I can't tell if this is a Fates' deal where there's three paths. It looks like there's just three Lords, each from different factions but fighting for the same cause (the main enemy here seems to be the Church, which is an interesting take).

The Avatar also seems to be taking a back seat. As in, he's still got a role in the story but he serves as an instructor and the main plot focuses on our three new Lords, similarly to Blazing Blade.

I actually am glad it got pushed back to 2019 because that allows me to focus on saving up for Smash.

Speaking of Smash, the moment they announced that literally everyone was coming back, that's when Nintendo won E3. It looks so nice and there's no worry about losing your main. CORRIN, ROY AND SHULK HOURS BOIIIIIIS! Shulk got a nice upgrade, now being able to select Monado Arts freely, as opposed to having to cycle through them.

The third highlight of the Direct for me was Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna -The Golden Country. It looks so good and it's very easily worth the $30. Monolith Soft delivers once again. See Breath of the Wild, this is how you make a story DLC.

D

Deleted member

I'm curious as to what the plot of the new Fire Emblem is. Part of me thinks they are going to try to make a plot that is like Fates but better, but we will have to wait and see.
It seems like they will bring back the avatar as well, which is fine but I hope a marriage system gets toned down; I am fine with marriage, just no children please. It was fine in Awakening, but baffling and embarrassing in Fates.

Also... new Smash! I can't believe they literally brought everyone back! And they added Ridley! If you said that the next Smash roster would include everyone from past games and Ridley, you would get shunned for it.
Just... RIP Bomberman though. ;-;

Nah

Smash Champion
I kind of get the feeling that the whole "troops follow units around in battle" thing is more of a visual thing rather than a legit gameplay change. But it's cool how wandering about towns and talking to people is now a thing.

Smash Direct was interesting too, lot of stuff in there.

I'm not particularly excited right now (and hype invariably leads to disappointment anyway), but I can't wait to see more info on these two games.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well, E3 has definitely brought some interesting news! Both Smash and Fire Emblem, eh? That's pretty exciting, and both look awesome. Plus, we finally have an ETA for Fire Emblem.

For Fire Emblem, there's not too much to go on so far, but it looks promising so far. The game looks very nice, and it's reminiscent of the Tellius games for me. There appaers to be an avatar, but in a non-intrusive way, and it seems that pants have made a comeback. Good! Now, please IS, please, no children!

As for Smash, every character making a return is exciting news. That's a huge cast!

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Hey Armagon Armagon

Tagging you because a couple weeks ago you wanted me to inform you when I will eventually start Xenogears. I don't know if you still care or not but after taking a break from replaying Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy IX for how much ever times I've done playthroughs in each and people on discord telling me to play it, here I am playing Xenogears for the very first time. I think I'll be able to play it straight through without any breaks.

Fairly around at the beginning, with a great start to the story, stellar music composition that still holds up to this day, and a fun and engaging battle system to boot, I'm in for quite a ride aren't I? :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I kind of get the feeling that the whole "troops follow units around in battle" thing is more of a visual thing rather than a legit gameplay change. But it's cool how wandering about towns and talking to people is now a thing.
It looks like it's actually going to be a new game play feature. There's a new option that says "formation" on the character action menu. Later it shows a group of lancers getting into a triangle shaped formation and charging. How these formations are going to effect the actual battles is still a mystery, but it looks like they'll be having some effect on combat.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hey Armagon Armagon

Tagging you because a couple weeks ago you wanted me to inform you when I will eventually start Xenogears. I don't know if you still care or not but after taking a break from replaying Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy IX for how much ever times I've done playthroughs in each and people on discord telling me to play it, here I am playing Xenogears for the very first time. I think I'll be able to play it straight through without any breaks.

Fairly around at the beginning, with a great start to the story, stellar music composition that still holds up to this day, and a fun and engaging battle system to boot, I'm in for quite a ride aren't I? :p
I actually forgot about that but it's great that you finally started Xenogears. That game holds a special place in my heart because it has, what i consider, to be the best story told in any JRPG. By the way, what are you playing it on? Did you get it from the PlayStation Store or are you emulating it? If it's the latter, turn on infinite Gear HP cheats because those can get really brutal. Also save states help during a certain dungeon.

In other news, my new PC allows me to play through the Xenosaga Trilogy. Still some FPS hiccups but that's the emulator's fault at that point. Also playing through Baten Kaitos.

It looks like it's actually going to be a new game play feature. There's a new option that says "formation" on the character action menu. Later it shows a group of lancers getting into a triangle shaped formation and charging. How these formations are going to effect the actual battles is still a mystery, but it looks like they'll be having some effect on combat.
The combat menu also showed an option for Arts and Magic, so it seems they are going the Echoes route with that, which is great.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I'm playing Gears on the good ol PS3. So yeah, downloaded through PlayStation Store. Have fun with the Saga trilogy. Boy what I can do to replay that JRPG once again.

Now the only Xeno games I'm missing out are the Blade series. But i have ways of playing the first one, and plan on saving up for a Switch eventually for the second as well.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So a bit late, but here are my full thoughts on Nintendo's E3 Direct from a few days ago:

• I don't know if I'll pick up Super Mario Party, but I really like what I've seen of it so far. They brought the traditional game-board format without all four players riding a cart through the board at once. Looks like Nintendo finally realized how unpopular it was. Some of those mini games look pretty fun too, especially how you can play them by combining Switch consoles together. Surprising to see Goomba is playable too.
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses looks really good! I see that it's using the Tellius style with the maps, and I love how you have little armies following you whenever you have a unit attack! The new art style will take some getting used to (didn't expect to see that Persona artist being featured as the game's main artist), but it does look pretty good! Kinda sad to see that it got delayed until Spring 2019, but hey, that gives me hope IS will be going out all for an even more polish game!
  • We finally know the name of the new Smash Bros: Super Smash Bros Ultimate! It comes out December 7, 2018? That's pretty hype too!
  • EVERY character that appeared in past Smash Bros rosters will show up for this game's roster! Now THAT's awesome. Admittedly, the child part of me that mained Pichu in Melee in the past (and still does whenever I play the game again) was really happy to see Pichu come back. Unfortunately, it looks like Pichu will be low tier since it still damages itself, but at least Sakurai is staying true to its Melee self.
  • Also really hyped with the stage selection. THEY BROUGHT BACK SPEAR PILLAR! That was my favorite stage in Brawl. The fact they brought back most stages from past Smash installments is cool too, especially Lumiose Tower, N's Castle, Fourside, that 3DS Earthbound stage I'm forgetting its name, Frigate Orpheon, Great Bay, and so many others! The new BotW stage looks nice too, though I have a feeling it will be a Counterpick or even a banned stage because of how the upper part creates a cave effect unless you break it. Moray Towers looks cool too! Also, every stage has a a Battlefield form too? That was something I really wanted too! Thank you Sakurai!
  • Daisy actually showed? Well, that was surprising to me (I didn't care that much to have her come back), but hey, at least we have all three Mario princesses playable now! I wonder what Daisy will use in place of Toad for her moveset.
  • Those new mechanics look nice too. Nice to see how the game punishes you for rolling too much. That'll teach those For Glory players to play better!
  • Bomberman is an Assist Trophy? Ouch. I was indifferent to whether or not Bomberman would be added, but I really felt bad for the Bomberman fans seeing how many wanted him to playable for a while. Bomberman's Assist Trophy status is also concerning to me since this means other third party newcomers could face the same treatment (I'm hoping this isn't Professor Layton's fate).
  • I can't believe it, Sakurai finally did it. He added Ridley as a playable fighter! Admittedly, I was among the people that didn't want him because I was one of those "he's too big" criticizers, having a hard time imagining how Ridley would be added as a playable fighter seeing how large he is in his series. Well, Sakurai finally figured a way, and Ridley turned out to be better implemented than I expected. He looks quite strong too, but so far, it doesn't seem like he'll be Brawl Metaknight levels of broken. Sakurai, you blew my expectations, well done! Also, congrats to all the Ridley fans! All those years of requesting for your character and maintaining your strong support for him finally payed off!
  • The other concerning thing about the new Smash was what Sakurai said before he revealed Ridley: "Seeing how we're bringing back every fighter, we hope you won't be that demanding for more newcomers" (paraphrased). I understand the tradeoff behind this: you either have all the veterans back but don't make the roster too big by cutting back on newcomers, or you don't bring back all the veterans to invite more newcomers.
    • It also makes me wonder how else could Sakura's quote about that be interpreted. Maybe there won't be as many newcomers in the base roster compared to Smash 4's initial newcomer count? That's what I'm currently thinking. I'm hopeful there will be more DLC character additions in this game then so that we can have even more newcomers.
In all, this was a very solid Direct! I'm really looking forward to buying Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Super Smash Bros Ultimate!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I decided to have another go at the new Four Fangs banner last night, and I got someone who I thought I'd never pull:

I finally got Wrath fodder Karla! Never did I expect I'd actually pull my most wanted unit from the banner.

She's +Def -Res, so her IVs are alright.

Not sure if I want to fully invest her in though. I will be holding on to her for the time being just so I have a bonus unit in the upcoming Tempest Trials. If I can pull another Karla before the banner and during the TT, one of them is definitely kicking the bucket as Wrath fodder for the tanky Ryoma I've been building (all he needs is Wrath, and his build will finally be complete).

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Welp. The silhouettes have been released.

I've seen Ephraim thrown around on the guy, but my money's on Sigurd. We'll know tomorrow night for sure.
Sigurd-Injured_0.png

D

Deleted member

Welp. The silhouettes have been released.

I've seen Ephraim thrown around on the guy, but my money's on Sigurd. We'll know tomorrow night for sure.
View attachment 149029
Personally I think it's a Sacred Stones banner.
I have considered Sigurd, but part of me thinks the hair more so resembles Ephraim. I initially thought it was Chrom and it was going to be Ylissean Summer part 2.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Innes and Tana getting swimsuits is interesting. Also the first appearance of Noire.

I thought for sure we'd get a swimsuit Lyn.

Top Bottom