• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

D

Deleted member

Seems like the next update will have a lot of quality of life changes!
But most importantly, it comes with a free 4 star Takumi and that's absolutely perfect! I need one more to get him to +10!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Thank you IS! I can now make my dream of a +10 version of my favorite video game character a reality!

Congrats on getting your first 5*+10! She looks great!
Thanks! I am rather proud of this! :D
After Takumi, I will focus on making +10 versions of my +Attack/-Def Nino and +Attack/-HP Nowi!

Astellius

Smash Ace
Seems like the next update will have a lot of quality of life changes!
But most importantly, it comes with a free 4 star Takumi and that's absolutely perfect! I need one more to get him to +10!
Thank you IS! I can now make my dream of a +10 version of my favorite video game character a reality!

Thanks! I am rather proud of this! :D
After Takumi, I will focus on making +10 versions of my +Attack/-Def Nino and +Attack/-HP Nowi!
Nice! Once that rolls out, you'll have two 5*+10 characters! Going to give staying in T20 another go? I got kicked out of T20 last week for the first time in awhile. It wasn't Water or Earth season last time, so I couldn't really make good use of blessings to boost my score.

After I promoted Tiki and Est, I've just been holding onto my feathers, so I don't know who I'm going the 5*+10 next. A limiting factor for me is that I can't seem to pull enough copies of the units to promote. I've been holding onto Cherches, and I don't seem to pull Nino all that often. We'll see!

The quality of life improvements look pretty nice. No more reduced XP & SP on completed maps, no more XP & SP loss if the characters die in battle. So now I can finally just complete the Ch. 1 & 2 normal Chain Challenge, rather than surrendering on the final map.

I wonder if we're finally going to be able to upgrade the Askr trio's weapons? That's gotta happen sometime...

Edit: It looks like Clair, Camilla, and male Corrin are getting weapon upgrades. I was expecting Camilla and Corrin sometime soon, but Clair was a bit of a happy surprise. I hope it's good!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nice! Once that rolls out, you'll have two 5*+10 characters! Going to give staying in T20 another go?
I think I will try to give it another go.
I was about to not attempt to because I couldn't fit Ayra around on my teams because of Ryoma and Lilina being reds and I need Takumi, Nino, and Nowi. Now that I pulled a Legendary Lyn, I think that might be possible.
If I drop out of tier 20 though, I won't be crying about it.
EDIT: I got 5050 points, which is not bad at all. Nowi was definitely difficult to deal with because Lyn is a physical unit rather than a magical/adaptive unit. I don't think it will be enough to stay in tier 20 though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astellius

Smash Ace
I think I will try to give it another go.
I was about to not attempt to because I couldn't fit Ayra around on my teams because of Ryoma and Lilina being reds and I need Takumi, Nino, and Nowi. Now that I pulled a Legendary Lyn, I think that might be possible.
If I drop out of tier 20 though, I won't be crying about it.
EDIT: I got 5050 points, which is not bad at all. Nowi was definitely difficult to deal with because Lyn is a physical unit rather than a magical/adaptive unit. I don't think it will be enough to stay in tier 20 though.
Nice! Unfortunately, yeah, you're right, the score needed to stay in has inflated past 5,050; I had, I believe, 5056 last week, and that too was insufficient. If you wanted, you could try throwing a Wind Blessing on someone, as that gives a pretty good score boost. I believe they're changing up the Arena system next week, where then you only have to get 5 in a row rather than 7. Also, your bonus heroes get boosted stats. It sounds like it's about to get more annoying to get Defense wins!

D

Deleted member

Nice! Unfortunately, yeah, you're right, the score needed to stay in has inflated past 5,050; I had, I believe, 5056 last week, and that too was insufficient. If you wanted, you could try throwing a Wind Blessing on someone, as that gives a pretty good score boost. I believe they're changing up the Arena system next week, where then you only have to get 5 in a row rather than 7. Also, your bonus heroes get boosted stats. It sounds like it's about to get more annoying to get Defense wins!
I already had a wind blessing on my Nowi while Takumi and Ayra have water blessings.
I am hesitant about giving out blessings in general because some future content will require a whole team of heroes with a certain blessing, such as the GHB Elite 2 quests and Blessed Gardens, and blessings are a limited resource. I'd rather conserve as many as I can for upcoming content rather than throw all of my eggs in one basket so to say.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I already had a wind blessing on my Nowi while Takumi and Ayra have water blessings.
I am hesitant about giving out blessings in general because some future content will require a whole team of heroes with a certain blessing, such as the GHB Elite 2 quests and Blessed Gardens, and blessings are a limited resource. I'd rather conserve as many as I can for upcoming content rather than throw all of my eggs in one basket so to say.
Oh yes, I was only suggesting to bless someone if you had an unblessed one in the mix. I've definitely been saving most of my blessings as well, using pretty much only enough to create a team of each blessing type, and maybe adding one to a character if I needed them for the GHB Elite 2 quests.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Now that I've pulled Kinshi Hinoka and still retain a disinterest in pulling from the current Legendary Hero banner, I decided to continue trying to pull Ayra as her banner was drawing to a close.

About a few days ago, I was sniping for red orbs when I got two 5-star red units in one summoning session. Were they Ayra? No. They were these two instead.

My first Ryoma and my first Sanaki! I was especially excited with Ryoma since this was the first time I ever pulled him, so I was hoping he was blessed with good IVs...

...only to find out Ryoma got a poor IV spread of +Def -Spd.

Man, what a bummer. I was especially looking forward to finally using Ryoma, but I can't use him if Speed-lowering nature really drops his speed down that low.

Sanaki didn't get very good IVs either. Her's is +Spd -Atk. Ouch.

On the second to last day of the Ayra banner, I continued to my endeavor in trying to pull Ayra, but she evaded me yet again as I presented with this one instead:

My first normal Lucina! Unlike the other two, her IVs aren't bad. They're OK at best: +HP -Res.

Not sure if I'll invest in this Lucina since I already have a bunch of other good Sword units in stock, but I'll hold on to her for now.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So how do you all feel about the potential of crossover banners? It's been brought up a few times over at Serenes Forest and for some reason, there's just so many people opposed to the very idea and i don't get why. Some say that it "wouldn't be Fire Emblem Heroes anymore". But like, that's so far from the truth. Tales of Link did a crossover event with Brave Frontier once but it didn't feel like it had lost it's Tales identity. I don't play Fate/GO or Granblue Fantasy (two mega popular gachas) but i'm sure they have done crossover events and still managed to retain their identity. If they can do it, why not FEH? Like, as long as crossover events don't overtake the game, i don't see the issue with it. Like, once or twice a year would be nice and it'd be a nice change of pace from all the alts we've been getting recently.

What do you think?

D

Deleted member

So I summoned yesterday because I felt like it...
I got some "interesting" summons. I got two -Attack Kanas (one of which I gave Fierce Stance to Xander) and another -Attack Dorcas (so I gave Infantry Pulse to Nowi; since she is on my Arena core team, she will be aiding Ayra).
On the bright side I got a passable Ephraim to use and I got some nice exclusive fodder! I got Rhajat to give Leo DD3, a Nephenee that I am debating on making my current one or not (my current one is +Speed/-HP, this one is +Speed/-Res), and... I got a freaking Hector! I didn't check his IVs because I have a +Attack/-Speed Hector (which is optimal), but this felt like obtaining the last piece of Exodia.
I will give her Speed refined Slaying Edge+, but I need 20k more Feathers to upgrade Lon'qu and more Ore to upgrade to Slaying Edge+. The 20k Feathers I have now will be going towards the free Takumi for my final merge on him.
I have to say, I am really happy with how she is coming out!

Nah

Smash Champion
Not sure how I feel about the idea of crossover banners. Guess it partly depends on what franchise(s) the crossover is done with.

but this felt like obtaining the last piece of Exodia.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So how do you all feel about the potential of crossover banners? It's been brought up a few times over at Serenes Forest and for some reason, there's just so many people opposed to the very idea and i don't get why. Some say that it "wouldn't be Fire Emblem Heroes anymore". But like, that's so far from the truth. Tales of Link did a crossover event with Brave Frontier once but it didn't feel like it had lost it's Tales identity. I don't play Fate/GO or Granblue Fantasy (two mega popular gachas) but i'm sure they have done crossover events and still managed to retain their identity. If they can do it, why not FEH? Like, as long as crossover events don't overtake the game, i don't see the issue with it. Like, once or twice a year would be nice and it'd be a nice change of pace from all the alts we've been getting recently.

What do you think?
I think the reason so many people oppose the idea is because a huge portion of the FEH fanbase play the game because they like FE, not because they enjoy Gacha. I could care less about Brave Frontier or Grand Blue, but I'm always happy to see new FE characters join the cast. I suppose I'm not opposed to the idea so much as that I just see it as totally unnecessary and would rather see them just keep adding new FE characters.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'd be open to open the idea of Fire Emblem Heroes having a crossover banner with other gacha games, but it depends on what the other game being featured is.

Being a Fate/Grand Order player and fan, I'd love to see a Fire Emblem Heroes x Fate/GO crossover happen most of all. Most of the servants from the Fate series look like they'd fit right into a Fire Emblem game, while I can see many of the Fire Emblem characters making plausible. Imagine using Tamamo or Cu Chulainn in FE: Heroes, or using Takumi as 5-star Archer servant in Fate/GO. Those two things would be things I'd love to see.

Too bad such a crossover will probably never happen since FE: Heroes and Fate/GO are direct competitors with each other.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I'm not particularly fond of the idea of having a crossover event for FEH. I'd much rather see them continue to add characters from the franchise, or even add more OCs. Having a crossover event means they'd be taking resources away from that to bring in the crossover characters, and that's not something I'd want. And I also do think that it would affect the atmosphere the game has cultivated if they were to bring in characters from other franchises. That doesn't happen on every game, but I think it would here. And it's not like they're running out of characters to bring in, so I'd rather them stick with what they've been doing. Maybe sometime down the road I'd like a crossover for variety, but, for now, I like what we have.

I'd be open to open the idea of Fire Emblem Heroes having a crossover banner with other gacha games, but it depends on what the other game being featured is.

Being a Fate/Grand Order player and fan, I'd love to see a Fire Emblem Heroes x Fate/GO crossover happen most of all. Most of the servants from the Fate series look like they'd fit right into a Fire Emblem game, while I can see many of the Fire Emblem characters making plausible. Imagine using Tamamo or Cu Chulainn in FE: Heroes, or using Takumi as 5-star Archer servant in Fate/GO. Those two things would be things I'd love to see.

Too bad such a crossover will probably never happen since FE: Heroes and Fate/GO are direct competitors with each other.
Some games that are competitors have done crossovers. Crash Fever and Tower of Saviors are currently running crossovers with each other, and they're both a similar sort of puzzle game. Still does sound unlikely though.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I'd rather have something like Zelda characters over other gacha characters. Nintendo properties would be easy to negotiate and the fantasy world of Zelda could fit right into FE without feeling too out of place.

Link would probably have a master sword prf, Zelda could use goddess magic or even the light bow, and Ganondorf could even use a trident as a spear unit.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So we're getting a new banner coming out later this week, and I have a feeling it'll be revealed either tomorrow or Tuesday.

That said, what do you all think this new Heroes banner will feature?

I have a feeling it might be another Fates banner, only it'll be Conquest themed to follow-up from the Hoshido themed banner we just got.

For this Conquest banner, I predict we'll see another special variant of Camilla (that will surely make people mad just like the controversial reactions we got from Kinshi Hinoka and Bow Lyn #2) since she's Hinoka's counterpart. My guess for what IS could do for this new Camilla is to make her a Sorcerer to reference her secondary class. While she can use Magic as a Malig Knight, her Malig Knight form in Heroes already has her using her Axe, so that's why I think she'll probably just be an infantry magic user for this new variant.

As for the other characters, I can imagine Silas would be added since he is Kaze's Nohrian counterpart. As for the children (seeing how the Hoshido banner did it), I think Dwyer could make a decent pick seeing that Jakob is in the game, and we'd get more healers that way. Perhaps IS will finally add normal Charlotte in this banner similar to how the Hoshido banner finally added normal Shigure when he was originally released as a special variant. I also hope Flora would finally be added to complete the maid/butler trio from Fates, and she'd make a fitting GHB for the occasion (since she was an enemy unit in all three Fates routes).

So in total, the hypothetical Norman banner could look something like this:
-Infantry Blue-mage Camilla (blue just to complete the trio, but that one is a personal pick_
-Mounted healer Dwyer
-Infantry Axe-user Charlotte
-Infantry Dagger-user Flora (GHB)
-Mounted Sword/Lance-unit Silas (either Tempest Trials or Conquest award)

For me, I don't think I'd be interested in pulling from that banner except for Charlotte (though if she doesn't get the right skills and stat distribution, I'd probably just avoid her).

Whether or not this upcoming banner will be Fates themed again, I'm currently interested in learning what this new banner will focus on. The new characters in the upcoming banner will determine whether or not I will invest my 40 orbs in it. If the banner doesn't interest me, I'll just use those 40 orbs on that Ryoma, Dorcas, and Nowi banner going on right now because I want to pull a Ryoma with good IVs (though I wouldn't mind pulling Dorcas at all).

Perhaps Conrad finally showing up in this upcoming banner will convince me otherwise, but I'm very doubtful.

Astellius

Smash Ace
The video for the new banner is up! Genealogy fans should be happy:

I haven't played Genealogy, so I'm unfamiliar with the characters, but it looks like a pretty nice banner. The artwork is great, and there's a new dancer to be added to the permanent pool, which is welcome.

Troykv

Smash Master
The video for the new banner is up! Genealogy fans should be happy:

I haven't played Genealogy, so I'm unfamiliar with the characters, but it looks like a pretty nice banner. The artwork is great, and there's a new dancer to be added to the permanent pool, which is welcome.
I wonder what kind of stuff Ishtar would say.

Lene looks so pretty :3

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, this new banner is a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect to see another Genealogy banner. Ishtar finally makes her Heroes debut, and seeing her popularity amongst the Genealogy fans, I can imagine why many are happy she's here.

As for me, I don't find anything interesting to pull from the banner other than Lene, but that's mainly because her sword is great for other units to inherit and her dance skill is pretty useful. Still I don't think I'll pull much from this banner. I think I'll just use my 40 orbs on the current Dorcas and Ryoma banner now.

Two other details:

1) Looks like we got another Heroes OC revealed towards the end of the trailer:

This guy looks like Surtr's son, but it could just be someone else.

2) Julius is confirmed to the be the GHB battle that will happen for this banner. His GHB begins on the 14th.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
First Morgan, then Kana, now Lene. Let me rest, game. You didn't give me Morgan, you also didn't give me Kana, i'm not gonna get Lene either, aren't i? Especially with her sharing a color with Ares.

As much as i want Lene, i'm gonna try and actually save Orbs this time.

It makes sense why this banner is here though. It's another 2nd Gen Banner like the two previous ones.

1) Looks like we got another Heroes OC revealed towards the end of the trailer:

This guy looks like Surtr's son, but it could just be someone else.
Considering the armor matches those of the Muspell Royal Family, it's most likely Surtr's son, especially with the theming of the upcoming banner. Interesting because he was never brought up in the story.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh cool, there's no new alts this time. I would have expected a busted version of Seliph now that he's in the 3-star pool but it looks like IS had some self restraint. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.
For this Conquest banner, I predict we'll see another special variant of Camilla (that will surely make people mad just like the controversial reactions we got from Kinshi Hinoka and Bow Lyn #2) since she's Hinoka's counterpart.
Thank Naga this didn't come true. Between the Lyn controversy and Camilla's huge hate base, there would be heads rolling at IS right now.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And so the new Fire Emblem Heroes update is out. Grab those free gems and that free Takumi, because it's finally time!

The datamine of the new update has also taken place, and we've got lots of new stuff.

First up, we've got not one, but two new Heroes OCs!
No doubt the guy on the right is the same one that was recently leaked in that new Genealogy banner trailer. The one on the right is most likely Fjorm and Gunthra's younger sister.

For the guy on the left, this is supposedly his in-game description: "Abrupt and violent general of Múspell, the kingdom of fire. He is of humble origin, but he managed to ascend quickly in the army thanks to his talent for war."

Yep, sounds like a Gonzales-type character from what I'm gathering.

And here are the stats for each of the new Genealogy characters:

And speaking about Julius, here's some more details about him:

1) This is Julius's Heroes art. Looks pretty good, though his face looks rather... bratty. It practically matches his character sprite from his game.
2) As you may've noticed, Julius is another Infantry Red-tome user. He's Loptyr tome has been renamed to the Loptous tome, and it has a unique effect compared to other weapons in Heroes so far. In addition to giving Julius a +3 boost in Res, he will be treated as a dragon unit when going up against weapons that have a "effective against dragons" effect (to reference how he is possessed by the Loptous dragon). However, if he goes up against someone that doesn't use an "effective against dragons" weapon, he will inflict -6 Attack on that foe during combat. It's another reference to Genealogy where he took half damage from anything that wasn't Naga.

And here's the Loptous attack animation. Dramatic stuff!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The most important thing from this update brought to us was the free 4 star Takumi! Because of this...
I finally got my final Takumi to make him +10, making him my second +10 5 star unit. The dream of having a +10 merged Takumi is done and I am pretty satisfied.

2) As you may've noticed, Julius is another Infantry Red-tome user. He's Loptyr tome has been renamed to the Loptous tome, and it has a unique effect compared to other weapons in Heroes so far. In addition to giving Julius a +3 boost in Res, he will be treated as a dragon unit when going up against weapons that have a "effective against dragons" effect (to reference how he is possessed by the Loptous dragon). However, if he goes up against someone that doesn't use an "effective against dragons" weapon, he will inflict -6 Attack on that foe during combat. It's another reference to Genealogy where he took half damage from anything that wasn't Naga.
I have to say that his tome is... pretty gimmicky to say the least. I bet his GHB won't be cleared so easily with Reinhardt because of the tome's effect.
Speaking of Reinhardt, not only does Ishtar mention him but Julius does too. I have a feeling that if Genealogy gets a remake, the legendary meme himself will be in the game.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So after spending 40 orbs on the Ryoma and Dorcas banner, I got another 5-star... a pity-breaker to be exact.

Yep, my first Alm. His IVs are okay: +HP -Def. I've heard it makes a good IV spread for a Pulse Healer build, so I guess he can see some use for it.

Still, I really wanted a Ryoma with better IVs...

Astellius

Smash Ace
The most important thing from this update brought to us was the free 4 star Takumi! Because of this...
I finally got my final Takumi to make him +10, making him my second +10 5 star unit. The dream of having a +10 merged Takumi is done and I am pretty satisfied.
Takumi looks fantastic! I'm happy for you. Who are you planning on doing next?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
No doubt the guy on the right is the same one that was recently leaked in that new Genealogy banner trailer. The one on the right is most likely Fjorm and Gunthra's younger sister.
Their names are Helbindi and Ylgr (have fun pronouncing that one)

For the guy on the left, this is supposedly his in-game description: "Abrupt and violent general of Múspell, the kingdom of fire. He is of humble origin, but he managed to ascend quickly in the army thanks to his talent for war."
Oh....so he's not Surtr's son then.

I wouldn't say he's a Gonzales-type character though. Gonzales' thing was that he turned to banditry because of his looks and everyone was afraid of him but despite that, he meant no harm. Whereas Helbindi is very obviously evil, right down to his title" Savage Scrouge". Gotta say, i'm disappointed in his design. Couldn't they just make him look intimidating instead of waving a big banner that says "i'm evil!"?

D

Deleted member

Takumi looks fantastic! I'm happy for you. Who are you planning on doing next?
Thanks! I'm glad how he came out and that I got lucky with his IVs!
I plan on making Nowi my next +10 merged project. I have Nino at +6 currently, but I need more merges on Nowi so that she is able to KO Brave Lyns more safely. That and I use Nowi more than Nino. Currently she is +3 merged!
After them, I plan on making The Reinhardt +10 merged.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Whereas Helbindi is very obviously evil, right down to his title" Savage Scrouge". Gotta say, i'm disappointed in his design. Couldn't they just make him look intimidating instead of waving a big banner that says "i'm evil!"?
Ok, i take that back. I still wouldn't say he's a Gonzales-type character though. If anything

Helbindi is Vandham. Except meaner. He's even got a weapon that looks like a.....Roc.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So that new story chapter in Fire Emblem Heroes...

Helbendi has joined Laegjarn as one of my favorite Heroes OCs for Book II. Turns out that, despite his appearance, this guy isn't all that evil and actually cares for Ylgr's well-being, letting her eat and even encouraging her to grow up strong so that she can get revenge one day. He evens knows his kingdom is hell-bent evil and is forced up to put up with Surtr just to stay alive (especially since he has a family of his own as well). It's a shame that it looks like he was around for only one chapter, if his final bit of dialogue was anything to go by. It feels like the Mustafa situation: a boss-character who is actually quite likable and leaves a great impression for the duration of screentime, but is sadly killed off at the end of the chapter.

Honestly, why didn't Nohr have a character like Helbendi though, considering how Nohr too is depicted as being the "evil" kingdom in Fates? I think it would've benefitted from having a villain-like character similar to Helbendi to better show the moral grayness behind its kingdom like Fates was trying to show.

On a different note, who wants to bet the Ylgr that the Ask Trio + Fjorm run into is Loki in disguise, especially when Ylgr blurts out Kiran's name despite Fjorm cutting herself off with a cough right when she was about to say it (not to mention this is the very first time Ylgr runs into Kiran)?

We also learn there are a total of four siblings in the Nifl royal family: the eldest sister Gunthra, the eldest brother, Hrid, the middle sister Fjorm, and the youngest sister Ylgr. I'm hoping we'll meet Hrid soon enough (I'm willing to bet when Hrid runs into our group, he will see through Loki's Ylgr disguise).

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It's a shame that it looks like he was around for only one chapter, if his final bit of dialogue was anything to go by. It feels like the Mustafa situation: a boss-character who is actually quite likable and leaves a great impression for the duration of screentime, but is sadly killed off at the end of the chapter.
I feel like creating an OC just to kill them off after one chapter feels like a waste. Even Gunnthra had a role before being invited to the BBQ.

On a different note, who wants to bet the Ylgr that the Ask Trio + Fjorm run into is Loki in disguise, especially when Ylgr blurts out Kiran's name despite Fjorm cutting herself off with a cough right when she was about to say it (not to mention this is the very first time Ylgr runs into Kiran)?

We also learn there are a total of four siblings in the Nifl royal family: the eldest sister Gunthra, the eldest brother, Hrid, the middle sister Fjorm, and the youngest sister Ylgr. I'm hoping we'll meet Hrid soon enough (I'm willing to bet when Hrid runs into our group, he will see through Loki's Ylgr disguise).
Well, last we checked, Loki was with Surtr. Also, the fact that Ylgr was being held prisoner and, despite Loki's trickery, that isn't really her style. Now if it was MCU Loki, i totally would agree that Ylgr is just a disguise.

As for Hrid, i'm just glad at the potential of another male OC.

D

Deleted member

I decided to pull on the banner. My main target was Ishtar, but I would have been content if I got a Lene.
Unfortunately for me, I got Ares first instead of Lene. Getting in the way of the women I want... like father like son I suppose (in case you guys didn't know, I pulled 6 Eldigans before getting an Ayra). He's +Def/-Speed. I will build him up despite his IVs because, while -Speed is a super bane, he can still work as an enemy phase unit. 30 base speed isn't too impressive in my opinion, so I can live with this.
My second pull was, oddly enough, another Micaiah. This one was +Res/-Attack, which I just merged into my current +Def/-Res one. She's good fodder, but I kinda want a +10 Micaiah one day.
My last pull was Ishtar! She is completely neutral, which is perfectly fine by me.

I couldn't get Lene, but I have a feeling she will get demoted.

EDIT: I also tried once more on the DC weapons banner and I managed to get a +Res/-Def Dorcas, which is perfectly passable.

Today, I have been blessed.
That is one of the most blessed batches I have ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Smash Champion
Saw that IS quietly slipped this in:

Also, did refined Falchion always have Renewal 3 instead of Renewal 2 or is that new?

D

Deleted member

Saw that IS quietly slipped this in:

Also, did refined Falchion always have Renewal 3 instead of Renewal 2 or is that new?
Ever since the Falchion refinery update, every refined Falchion now has Renewal 3.
I wonder why they didn't announce this, but I definitely have my eye on giving Sealed Falchion to Lucina. I run a L&D3/Desperation Lucina, so she would appreciate this weapon a lot.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I decided to pull on the banner. My main target was Ishtar, but I would have been content if I got a Lene.
Unfortunately for me, I got Ares first instead of Lene. Getting in the way of the women I want... like father like son I suppose (in case you guys didn't know, I pulled 6 Eldigans before getting an Ayra). He's +Def/-Speed. I will build him up despite his IVs because, while -Speed is a super bane, he can still work as an enemy phase unit. 30 base speed isn't too impressive in my opinion, so I can live with this.
My second pull was, oddly enough, another Micaiah. This one was +Res/-Attack, which I just merged into my current +Def/-Res one. She's good fodder, but I kinda want a +10 Micaiah one day.
My last pull was Ishtar! She is completely neutral, which is perfectly fine by me.

I couldn't get Lene, but I have a feeling she will get demoted.

EDIT: I also tried once more on the DC weapons banner and I managed to get a +Res/-Def Dorcas, which is perfectly passable.

That is one of the most blessed batches I have ever seen.
That's better luck than I had on this banner! I threw a fair number of orbs at the banner, hoping to get Lene or Ishtar. Instead, I got another F!Morgan, with the exact same nature as the one I already had. Ah, regrets! I should've just had the good sense to skip this banner, since I don't know the characters. Oh well, so it goes, I still have a fair number of orbs tucked away for the next banner that catches my fancy. I suspect that the next special banner will be a summer one.

I like the updates they did to the Arena. Getting 5 wins was much less of a chore than having to fish for 7.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
A lot has happened these past few days.

One, I graduated from college this past Friday! Exciting yet nostalgic stuff! The mood I felt that day could be conveyed with this song piece.

Second, I've been devoting all of my orbs toward the Ryoma and Dorcas banner as the days of its closing drew near, to the point I avoided the new Genealogy banner for the time being. There were lots of disappointments on the way, but my endeavor with that Ryoma and Dorcas came to a close with a happy ending today.

As I continued to snipe for red orbs, I was pity-broken by this unit:

My first Male Morgan, and he even got the best possible IV spread: +Spd -Def! Not sure if I'll invest in him right now, but I'll definitely hold on to him.

After a few more sniping for Red Orbs (thanks to accumulating a number of them through the Chain Challenges), I finally got a better nature Ryoma! The new Ryoma I got is +Def - HP. While the boon is the same as the previous one, the bane is completely different: instead of being his worst bane (Speed, the one I got last time), he got one of his best banes (HP)! Thus, I can use this new Ryoma!

I've already started to put some work into the new Ryoma. I grinded him up to Level 40 (yep, out of universal crystals for the time being to make the process easier), and I decided to let him inherit Steady Breath from the extra Brave Ike that I previously pulled. I'm going for the optimal tanky build for Ryoma. I just need a Barst/Selena and a Nephenee so that I can give him Reposition and Wrath respectively. Too bad Nephenee is a hard unit to come by these days.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's better luck than I had on this banner! I threw a fair number of orbs at the banner, hoping to get Lene or Ishtar. Instead, I got another F!Morgan, with the exact same nature as the one I already had. Ah, regrets! I should've just had the good sense to skip this banner, since I don't know the characters. Oh well, so it goes, I still have a fair number of orbs tucked away for the next banner that catches my fancy. I suspect that the next special banner will be a summer one.

I like the updates they did to the Arena. Getting 5 wins was much less of a chore than having to fish for 7.
Oh man, you'll be even more mad at me with my luck on this banner then.
First I did a YOLO summon for Lene and I got a Helpful Chrom! He's +Speed/-Def, which isn't amazing but it's not bad at all.
Then I decided to summon and I got pity broken by Reinhardt! I was searching for him in his original banner, but I couldn't get him. He came home at the best time since the Julius GHB was a day later. He's +Def/-Res... hopefully I can get a +Attack Reinhardt, but I am glad to get the legend himself.
Then I finally got Lene with +Res/-Speed IV. It's not her best bane, but it's still workable and I plan to use her anyway.
I'm saving my Orbs for the next few banners. I am nervous for the next summer banners because they gave me the worst luck possible... with the summoning pool changes, hopefully it will be less of a problem. I think the next banner will be another bride banner and we'll get a re-run of the original banner, so hopefully I can get Bridelia.

What are your female Morgan's IVs, BTW? Mine is +Def/-Res.

And yes, I agree. I hope they make these changes to Arena Assault too, because 7 is too time consuming.

A lot has happened these past few days.

One, I graduated from college this past Friday! Exciting yet nostalgic stuff! The mood I felt that day could be conveyed with this song piece.

Second, I've been devoting all of my orbs toward the Ryoma and Dorcas banner as the days of its closing drew near, to the point I avoided the new Genealogy banner for the time being. There were lots of disappointments on the way, but my endeavor with that Ryoma and Dorcas came to a close with a happy ending today.

As I continued to snipe for red orbs, I was pity-broken by this unit:

My first Male Morgan, and he even got the best possible IV spread: +Spd -Def! Not sure if I'll invest in him right now, but I'll definitely hold on to him.

After a few more sniping for Red Orbs (thanks to accumulating a number of them through the Chain Challenges), I finally got a better nature Ryoma! The new Ryoma I got is +Def - HP. While the boon is the same as the previous one, the bane is completely different: instead of being his worst bane (Speed, the one I got last time), he got one of his best banes (HP)! Thus, I can use this new Ryoma!

I've already started to put some work into the new Ryoma. I grinded him up to Level 40 (yep, out of universal crystals for the time being to make the process easier), and I decided to let him inherit Steady Breath from the extra Brave Ike that I previously pulled. I'm going for the optimal tanky build for Ryoma. I just need a Barst/Selena and a Nephenee so that I can give him Reposition and Wrath respectively. Too bad Nephenee is a hard unit to come by these days.
Congrats on graduating!

I would use male Morgan. +Speed/-Def is a really good spread on him and you can do a very cheap build with Fury/Desperation. Besides, that would be another unit for you to use to tackle the in-game content.

Congrats on Ryoma!

Astellius

Smash Ace
Looks like we got silhouettes for two people on the next banner! It appears to be another bride banner:

qulv3db30cy01.jpg

So, speculate away! I've seen people on SF speculating that the left is Ninian and the right is Tharja. Some have also suggested Palla & Est. I'd really like for that one! But I think the hair is a bit long for Est. Amelia popped into my mind, although I'd consider her unlikely. But who knows! Anyone want to offer up some guesses?

Oh man, you'll be even more mad at me with my luck on this banner then.
First I did a YOLO summon for Lene and I got a Helpful Chrom! He's +Speed/-Def, which isn't amazing but it's not bad at all.
Then I decided to summon and I got pity broken by Reinhardt! I was searching for him in his original banner, but I couldn't get him. He came home at the best time since the Julius GHB was a day later. He's +Def/-Res... hopefully I can get a +Attack Reinhardt, but I am glad to get the legend himself.
Then I finally got Lene with +Res/-Speed IV. It's not her best bane, but it's still workable and I plan to use her anyway.
I'm saving my Orbs for the next few banners. I am nervous for the next summer banners because they gave me the worst luck possible... with the summoning pool changes, hopefully it will be less of a problem. I think the next banner will be another bride banner and we'll get a re-run of the original banner, so hopefully I can get Bridelia.

What are your female Morgan's IVs, BTW? Mine is +Def/-Res.

And yes, I agree. I hope they make these changes to Arena Assault too, because 7 is too time consuming.
Congrats on those nice pulls! Horse Chrom is the only Chrom that has eluded me, the rest more or less showed up when I was looking for other characters. And I've also pulled a ton of 4* regular Chroms. I'd like to get the full set of Chrom's sometime; maybe Horse Chrom will show up someday in the future.

I wonder if the summer banner will insist on sucking up all my orbs this time too. I was really lucky with the first one, and got Summer Tiki on my second or third pull, but Robin eluded me, and Corrin just took all of my orbs for the month she was up. Eventually I got her though, so that worked out in the end.

As for Morgan, her nature is +Res/-Def, which is probably one of her best, in my opinion. She's a great mage tank! And her Def stat already was terrible, so no real loss there. But why can't that luck on pulling natures go for characters I don't have rather than piling up on dupes? Ah well!

D

Deleted member

Looks like we got silhouettes for two people on the next banner! It appears to be another bride banner:

So, speculate away! I've seen people on SF speculating that the left is Ninian and the right is Tharja. Some have also suggested Palla & Est. I'd really like for that one! But I think the hair is a bit long for Est. Amelia popped into my mind, although I'd consider her unlikely. But who knows! Anyone want to offer up some guesses?
I am thinking they are Ninian and Tharja. The, I guess, veils or pins on her hair on the left are similar to that of Ninian's. The right is for similar reasons for why I think it's Tharja; she looks like she has a similar hair style.

I'll need to see this banner before I determine whether to spend some Orbs or not. If there are bride versions of female Robin, Lute, or Ayra, I am definitely pulling for them.

Congrats on those nice pulls! Horse Chrom is the only Chrom that has eluded me, the rest more or less showed up when I was looking for other characters. And I've also pulled a ton of 4* regular Chroms. I'd like to get the full set of Chrom's sometime; maybe Horse Chrom will show up someday in the future.

I wonder if the summer banner will insist on sucking up all my orbs this time too. I was really lucky with the first one, and got Summer Tiki on my second or third pull, but Robin eluded me, and Corrin just took all of my orbs for the month she was up. Eventually I got her though, so that worked out in the end.

As for Morgan, her nature is +Res/-Def, which is probably one of her best, in my opinion. She's a great mage tank! And her Def stat already was terrible, so no real loss there. But why can't that luck on pulling natures go for characters I don't have rather than piling up on dupes? Ah well!
I get mostly random Chroms, but I got Spring Chrom on a YOLO summon on his original banner and Horse Chrom came home while trying to get Lene. I never tried getting Winter Chrom since my main targets were Robin and Tharja.

I had the worst luck on the summer banners. On the Ylissean summer one, I got Tiki fine, but my primary target was Robin... it took me $200 to get her. :urg:
Similar thing with the Nohrian summer banner with Elise... I wanted one, but I got two Xanders before her and the Elise I got was +Def/-Speed... I was hoping for a +Res one since this was during the Rein meta. I did get Corrin on a YOLO summon though and she's on my Flier Emblem team.

Nice spread! Mine is +Def/-Res. While not the best spread, the +3 on her defense has oddly helped me from time to time and her Res can be patched in the enemy phase with her A skill and DD3 Sacred Seal. I'm glad I got her anyway; she's my daughter!

Astellius

Smash Ace
Edit: Smashboards wanted to post this before I had even written anything... lol.

I am thinking they are Ninian and Tharja. The, I guess, veils or pins on her hair on the left are similar to that of Ninian's. The right is for similar reasons for why I think it's Tharja; she looks like she has a similar hair style.

I'll need to see this banner before I determine whether to spend some Orbs or not. If there are bride versions of female Robin, Lute, or Ayra, I am definitely pulling for them.
I can see Ninian for the left, although I'm a bit skeptical for Tharja on the right. The hair doesn't seem quite right, since it's missing the mini-pigtail things she has. I actually suspect that they'll repeat what they did last year and introduce someone not yet in Heroes again. Towards that end, I could see Sumia as the one on the left, since she's more or less the canonical pairing for Chrom. (But what about random villager...!)

I get mostly random Chroms, but I got Spring Chrom on a YOLO summon on his original banner and Horse Chrom came home while trying to get Lene. I never tried getting Winter Chrom since my main targets were Robin and Tharja.

I had the worst luck on the summer banners. On the Ylissean summer one, I got Tiki fine, but my primary target was Robin... it took me $200 to get her. :urg:
Similar thing with the Nohrian summer banner with Elise... I wanted one, but I got two Xanders before her and the Elise I got was +Def/-Speed... I was hoping for a +Res one since this was during the Rein meta. I did get Corrin on a YOLO summon though and she's on my Flier Emblem team.

Nice spread! Mine is +Def/-Res. While not the best spread, the +3 on her defense has oddly helped me from time to time and her Res can be patched in the enemy phase with her A skill and DD3 Sacred Seal. I'm glad I got her anyway; she's my daughter!
I wasn't actually aiming to get any of the Chroms, they just happened to show up when I was pulling for other characters. I got the winter one when I was aiming for Lissa, and the spring one showed up on a legendary banner. I forget who I was pulling for there -- maybe Gunnthra? I don't remember.

And ouch on having to spend so much to get Robin and Elise. Hopefully it was worth it! Gacha games can be really rough on the wallet, which is why I'm pretty much committed to being F2P on the ones I'm playing now (with possible exceptions for special deals, such as the BK starter pack).

Morgan can actually be a pretty decent mixed tank with a +Def boon, since her weapon gives her DD and she can take advantage of flyer buffs. Besides, just having your daughter is what's most important!

Last edited:
Top Bottom