• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Even Hyrule Warriors at least had the Majora's Mask DLC pack, you know, a game that wasn't really represented in the original version.
Well, that was not one of the first dlc's. The first dlc's were literally just master quest map, a few skins, and weapons and the like, similar to what we got right now.

Majoras wasn't even -announced- until quite a bit after the games release. And even then, Twilight princess came before with their midna and all.

-And- we got even more with the 3ds version.

It's like I said, and like it was with hyrule warrios... just a waiting game.

Edit: And its fine to just cancel the preorder&co. I mean... nothing is stopping you to buy it once they -do- announce the characters you want. I myself am fully content with Tiki, Lynn, Celica and Takumi in it.

... and F!Robin.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
DLCs with more Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates characters in each pack? Hey, other games like Echoes, Blazing Blade and even Sacred Stones need love too!

That's just crazy, but whatever. I still have Lyn and Celica calling my name along with a little bit of Xander and Leo.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It seems like there's a glimmer of hope with the DLC:

So if this is anything to go by, we should be seeing Azura as DLC after all, and it looks like the developers are interested in hearing user suggestions for how DLC should be handled in the future.

DMan64

Smash Cadet
Well, that was not one of the first dlc's. The first dlc's were literally just master quest map, a few skins, and weapons and the like, similar to what we got right now.

Majoras wasn't even -announced- until quite a bit after the games release. And even then, Twilight princess came before with their midna and all.

-And- we got even more with the 3ds version.

It's like I said, and like it was with hyrule warrios... just a waiting game.

Edit: And its fine to just cancel the preorder&co. I mean... nothing is stopping you to buy it once they -do- announce the characters you want. I myself am fully content with Tiki, Lynn, Celica and Takumi in it.

... and F!Robin.
Fare enough, but even still the damage has already been done for a number of people. And I get that this is a waiting game, but its also the principal of the thing. Awakening and Fates have more than enough representation as is, and this DLC feels more like a kick to the teeth to a lot of people, including myself. And considering by then, if DLC continues for that long, there will be so many other titles that I'd rather play, and even the new FE for Switch may be released by then, people will have likely moved on by then, so why bother unless you are extremely dedicated. Also remember, people assumed that we would get Old-School characters with the announcement of DLC, and look how it turned out. I'd honestly not be surprised if the second wave of DLC(if there will be) would be the children characters of Awakening and Fates at this rate. Also, with it's western release being a week before Super Mario Odyssey, we don't know who that may affect DLC, because, let's face it, more people will likely buy that over FE Warriors.

Also I never had a pre-order because 1) I wanted to wait and here more details about the game, 2) It's not even just a matter of the characters I want necessarily, but it's just that so far what the developers have showed off, and the rather backwards decisions with the game just leave me horribly underwhelmed and I don't feel like giving any money to them for a game that I feel could have been handled better.

As someone who has actually gone back and played/looked heavily into the older games(mainly the GBA ones because screw paying a combined $160 for both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn these, plus I don't have an emulator and also have other things to do.) I can understand exactly how the older fans feel, and I feel Koei Techmo should have really though about this more carefully, as it doesn't do anything but increase the divide within the fanbase as is. IS knows this, and they at least understand that and are trying to bridge that divide, again, look at Heroes and Echoes. I know this is ultimately a spin off title, and in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, but there are seriously so many awesome characters that would work in a game like this, and to see a conversation between, say, Ephiram and Roy, or Hector and Xander, would've been awesome.

If there is anything that would make me reconsider getting this game for the first set of DLC, I want them to actually include fan-favorite/goofy, wacky characters, as apposed to the safe, predictable picks of this games rather standard roster. Bring in say, Arthur alongside Azura, I'd love to see essentially Fire Emblem's patriotic, American warrior of justice, and see how his bad luck would play into his move-set. Give us Virion, and have him just flaunt about how great he is as he battles. I just want variety in these characters, like when Tingle was brought into Hyrule Warriors for example.

And don't get me wrong, I love some of the characters in the game already (Lyn, Takumi, Xander, Robin, Lucina, and Tiki.) but that's not really gonna change my mind when everything else, to me, is just meh as it stands. As I said, I'm sure this game will be perfectly fine, but I'm not buying it because to me, all I've seen is these developers do nothing but shoot themselves in the foot with this title with each step and generally do nothing but cause more heat in an all ready heated fan base. I want to see this game succeed with as many people as possible, both old and new fans, but unless there is some insane surprise waiting for us, I'm just gonna see how things play out for now, then maybe, just maybe, I'll consider getting the game.

EDIT: Also this being said, Shadow Dragon DLC better have a good number of characters to it, seriously, three characters in the base game. Get Linde in there, or Jagen, maybe even Navarre, the Pegasus Sisters, and for laughs, Wyrs, and make him an axe user.(That last one will likely not happen, but it would be funny in my opinion.)

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
And considering by then, if DLC continues for that long, there will be so many other titles that I'd rather play, and even the new FE for Switch may be released by then, people will have likely moved on by then, so why bother unless you are extremely dedicated.
I don't see how this is a point against the game. Like, the first set of Warriors DLC comes out at around the same time as Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'll be playing Xenoblade 2 for months once i get my hands on it but that doesn't mean i won't go back and get the Warriors DLC later.

It's not even just a matter of the characters I want necessarily, but it's just that so far what the developers have showed off, and the rather backwards decisions with the game just leave me horribly underwhelmed and I don't feel like giving any money to them for a game that I feel could have been handled better.
While the roster choices are......questionable, what matters in the end is the gameplay. People who have played the game at demos all agree that the game is fun, and in the end, that's what matters.

As someone who has actually gone back and played/looked heavily into the older games(mainly the GBA ones because screw paying a combined $160 for both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn these, plus I don't have an emulator and also have other things to do.) I can understand exactly how the older fans feel, and I feel Koei Techmo should have really though about this more carefully, as it doesn't do anything but increase the divide within the fanbase as is.
I've also gone back and played the older games (except Tellius for the same reasons as you) and i'm in the belief that Koei Tecmo had the right idea. Shadow Dragon is very popular in Japan and was also the first Fire Emblem. Awakening and Fates are currently the most popular games overall. It makes sense to start with those three. Now, those three being the first DLC focus, well, that's a different story.

Would i have prefered to see other games in this? Yes. Is it the end of the world that they aren't? Not really. Now if they put Jugdral in this game, then it'll be the end of the world.

Also, this fanbase gets upset at practically everything, don't blame it on Koei Tecmo.

Also this being said, Shadow Dragon DLC better have a good number of characters to it, seriously, three characters in the base game. Get Linde in there, or Jagen, maybe even Navarre, the Pegasus Sisters, and for laughs, Wyrs, and make him an axe user.(That last one will likely not happen, but it would be funny in my opinion.)
Actually, Navarre is in the game already. He was leaked in the NoE trailer.
He's right there, behind Marth.

Astellius

Smash Ace
It seems like there's a glimmer of hope with the DLC:

So if this is anything to go by, we should be seeing Azura as DLC after all, and it looks like the developers are interested in hearing user suggestions for how DLC should be handled in the future.
Oooor... all aboard the Lilith hype train! Choo-choo! It's traveling express! Carrying the online FE fandom straight to some fresh salt mines! The devs will have contemplated cloning her from Tiki, but will decide she should have a new move set. This would be sure to please everyone! I mean, who doesn't like Lilith? She could have some nice support conversations with Corrin, that would be pretty interesting.

It would be kind of hilarious if they actually did that.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It was almost criminal that Lilith wasn't playable in Fates, and it was even worse that she got needlessly fridged. I'd actually be all for a playable Lilith. But then again, I'm all for pretty much any possible playable dragon or wyvern rider.

I really like dragons.

Astellius

Smash Ace
It was almost criminal that Lilith wasn't playable in Fates, and it was even worse that she got needlessly fridged. I'd actually be all for a playable Lilith. But then again, I'm all for pretty much any possible playable dragon or wyvern rider.

I really like dragons.
I'm definitely for a playable version of Lilith, and I'm really hoping that they eventually add one to Heroes, preferably sooner than later. She's at least decently popular, a fair number of people voted for her in CYL. It would've been a nice thing if they had included a playable version of her in Revelations or something like that too, but alas.

As for Warriors, I actually wouldn't mind it if she was, in fact, the missing sibling that was referenced, even to the exclusion of Azura. Of course, that's just me. It would be a very unexpected choice, but I think she has the potential for more interesting support conversations, since she hasn't had any before. Plus, as you say, dragon. I'm a fan of those.

But I would be quite surprised if it turned out to be the case that she was the sibling actually referenced. It would definitely stir the righteous indignation of a lot of people, since Azura definitely deserves to be in the game. I fully expect (and want) her to be in the DLC.

As for other members of the DLC, I'm rooting for Minerva, I think she has a fair shot at it.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

New Heroes on the 29th. I thought they were the leaked FE4 banner until i noticed the pendant on the right. That's Azura's pendant. And the character on the right has Azura's hair-thing.

Are we getting special versions of Azura and that other guy (who i'm assuming is Shigure but the hair doesn't match)?

Better start saving my Orbs so i can get Azura Gwendolyn since i've been getting her a lot recently.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New Heroes on the 29th. I thought they were the leaked FE4 banner until i noticed the pendant on the left. That's Azura's pendant. And the character on the right has Azura's hair-thing.

Are we getting special versions of Azura and that other guy (who i'm assuming is Shigure but the hair doesn't match)?

Better start saving my Orbs so i can get Azura Gwendolyn since i've been getting her a lot recently.
Finally. I can save Orbs and not spend too much on the next banner!
I am not a fan of Halloween, so unless Takumi is in this banner I am not very interested.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

New Heroes on the 29th. I thought they were the leaked FE4 banner until i noticed the pendant on the left. That's Azura's pendant. And the character on the right has Azura's hair-thing.

If it's Shigure, I can imagine he'd fit quite well in a Heirs of Fate banner featuring the other Fates children, but then I noticed the woman besides the man in that image looks like Azura, or at the very least has something that looks like Azura's headpiece and even some resemblance to her hairstyle.

I'm curious to find out who those silhouetted characters are.

Nah

Smash Champion
my super secret sources tell me that the one on the left is actually Bridal Garon, the character that I.S. knows everyone desires the most

and the one on the right is actually another version of Masked Lucina

But seriously, the silhouettes are a bit interesting and the pendant really does look like Azura's. Though I thought that we were getting FE4 characters next? If this really is happening on the 29th, we'll find out soon enough.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
my super secret sources tell me that the one on the left is actually Bridal Garon, the character that I.S. knows everyone desires the most
Meanwhile, my super secret sources tells me that the one on the right is actually Bride Gheb.

Though I thought that we were getting FE4 characters next? If this really is happening on the 29th, we'll find out soon enough.
Well, the leak did say the FE4 banner was scheduled for October. Meanwhile, this banner is supposed to start on the 29th, which is September. Knowing IS, they'll have both run at the same time.

Speaking of FE4, can we get Eldigan in the Halloween Banner? He can be dressed up as the headless horseman (hehehehehehe).

D

Deleted member

One thing I just realized that if Shigure is on this banner, then he will potentially be a flying red mage. I'm noticing a pattern with these seasonal banners having flying mages and nowhere else.
I do hope that we get Aversa GHB for F2P players because Flier Emblem is by far the most difficult team to create (aside from Dragon Emblem, but that's extremely underdeveloped). You have to hope to get a unit on a limited banner and then you need Hinoka for Hone Fliers and Caeda for Fortify Fliers.

But seriously, the silhouettes are a bit interesting and the pendant really does look like Azura's. Though I thought that we were getting FE4 characters next? If this really is happening on the 29th, we'll find out soon enough.
The leak says we're getting FE4 units in October, followed by an Arvis Grand Hero Battle.
I bet this Halloween banner will run alongside the FE4 one until the end of Halloween, much like how the summer banners were handled.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Warriors is probably one of the strangest games coming out this year. Heroes shows people really like a game that celebrates the franchise in its entirety, and to be so overly focused on obvious character choices from a limited number of games makes me kinda wonder how deeply Koei actually know the franchise, assuming it is them who chose the roster.

I want to bring up something I said all the way back when the game was first announced:

The one big advantage Fire Emblem Warriors has over Hyrule Warriors is that it has the potential to have a much larger cast. Niles, Takumi, Kiragi, and any other archer you want to throw in can all function similarly with minor differences between them. Going like that for every kind of class will appease everyone who wants to play as their favourite character, and it would be a real shame if they kept to the main characters with a few small surprise characters thrown in at random.

Also, I am most looking forward to transformation characters including Laguz, Taguel, Kitsune and Wolfskin. They have the potential for some really interesting animations and gameplay style.
I'm still waiting on beast units to be added to Heroes by the way, but overall the awkward final roster gives me the sense that not a lot was planned ahead of time. The final game might be fine, but what pains me is that it could be so much more and be less of a PR disaster, and it's for that reason I'm not interested in it.

Oh wait, there's a leak. I wonder what it contains.

pbOYWmN.png

Well now I'm super ****ing conflicted.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I've heard speculation that the woman is Nohrian Azura, but I don't know anything same as everyone else lol. I've got enough orbs saved up atm for a summon when the new banner comes out, here's to hoping it'll have units I like lol.

Also, with the ending of the arena season, I got enough feathers to get another merge on my Cecilia. 5*+1, and I changed her nature from neutral to +atk -def. I'm still hoping to get a +spd Cecilia at some point, but my horse team is continuing to progress. ~

I also unlocked 5* Black Knight, and he's a really fun unit to use. I've been pairing him off with Amelia, 4*+3 Effie, and Clarine in Tempest, and they make a great team. Amelia's armor march is so useful for using armors effectively, and Clarine's 3 movement helps her and the rest of the team, which uses her to swap into position and navigate around effectively too.

---

About Warriors, I've been luke warm on it from the beginning. The newly added main characters didn't seem interesting to me, and I never had any expectation that characters like Roy or Alm or Ike would be added after they announced that the game would center around Awakening and Fates (so I wasn't disappointed when I learned they weren't included). They added Celica, which I liked, and didn't add Alm or Azura in the initial release, which I don't like, and tbh I'm not sure if I'll have time when it comes out to actually play through it, so I'll likely wait and get it used a few months after release, when new DLC drops, assuming they keep up a steady stream of DLC like they did with Hyrule Warriors.

Astellius

Smash Ace

New Heroes on the 29th. I thought they were the leaked FE4 banner until i noticed the pendant on the right. That's Azura's pendant. And the character on the right has Azura's hair-thing.

The one on the left has Azura's headpiece, along with an appropriate silhouette, so perhaps a Nohrian Azura? That would be really cool, I'd definitely pull for her. But the guy on the right? I suppose it could be Shigure, given Azura's pendant, but why a tome? Curious. Could be because it's a seasonal thing.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
The one on the left has Azura's headpiece, along with an appropriate silhouette, so perhaps a Nohrian Azura? That would be really cool, I'd definitely pull for her. But the guy on the right? I suppose it could be Shigure, given Azura's pendant, but why a tome? Curious. Could be because it's a seasonal thing.
Many speculate for a red flier, seeing how we got green, blue and with this now red fliers covered then by only seasonal events.

But I cannot help but feel like on the left is not Aszura. The shillouette has pretty good hints for it, but I am just having a odd feeling about it.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Heroes shows people really like a game that celebrates the franchise in its entirety, and to be so overly focused on obvious character choices from a limited number of games makes me kinda wonder how deeply Koei actually know the franchise, assuming it is them who chose the roster.
Heroes and Warriors are entierly different games though. It's easy for Heroes to include basically every character because it's a gacha game.

It's harder for Warriors because it's a bigger game and more story based (haha, implying story matters in a Warriors game) and it takes up more resources getting characters in Warriors as opposed to Heroes.

Oh wait, there's a leak. I wonder what it contains.

View attachment 132875

Well now I'm super ****ing conflicted.
"We can't have Azura becuase there'd be to many Fates characters"
>Has Niles appear in the base game.
Yeah, ok Koei Tecmo.

I like Niles and all but this is just making Koei Tecmo seem hypocritical.....again.

Anyway guys, there's another leak besides the one above
Yep, Owain is in this game. But wait, this image is missing something.
Yeah, there we go. I fixed it.

But I cannot help but feel like on the left is not Aszura. The shillouette has pretty good hints for it, but I am just having a odd feeling about it.
It's Sigurd dressed up as Azura. My worst nightmare.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm actually really worried about how well FE Warriors is going to do with all the negative attention its recieving. If it does poorly, it probably won't get a sequel...which also means we won't get much of a chance to see other FE games get more representation.

Wait....Niles? That's really odd. My guess is that he's an Anna clone, but still...really?

Owain is cool, but the number of swords is worrying. I'm not sure if I should expect him to ve a clone or not. Here's to hoping he throws on some special moves dark magic to help his moveset stand out from all the other sword fighters.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Anyway guys, there's another leak besides the one above
Yep, Owain is in this game. But wait, this image is missing something.
Yeah, there we go. I fixed it.
Okay, I am now unable to NOT buy this game. JESUS.
these things are always great

and this one could not have been more perfect lmao
<3 Much appreciated!

Last edited:

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Heroes and Warriors are entierly different games though. It's easy for Heroes to include basically every character because it's a gacha game.

It's harder for Warriors because it's a bigger game and more story based (haha, implying story matters in a Warriors game) and it takes up more resources getting characters in Warriors as opposed to Heroes.
I completely understand that. My point was that the idea that Warriors should focus almost only on the best performing games in the series is kinda dumb as Heroes proves that you don't have to do that in order to make a well liked and successful game.

A bit more leak talk:

Niles is my favourite character in Fates, and I don't care much about Azura. I completely agree that including Niles over Azura is really silly. Although it should be noted that Niles is so far only confirmed as an opponent you face, albeit one with a moveset that could be adapted to playable as a secret character or DLC.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

I think i found the identity of the mysterious special Heroes that were announced today

It's Xander dressed up as Azura. You heard it here first folks.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I think i found the identity of the mysterious special Heroes that were announced today

It's Xander dressed up as Azura. You heard it here first folks.
Haha, actually, I saw this over at SF first! But yes, this is what I think it shall be. Yes, this is what it must be....

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, looks like we have another major leak regarding FE:Warriors.

Yep, that's right. Oboro is in this game too!

On the one hand, I'm really happy! Oboro is my second favorite Fates character, so you can imagine how happily surprised I was to learn she made the cut. She's also our first infantry lance user in this game, which was something I wanted to see. I'm hoping she's a secret unlockable character.

On the other hand, Oboro managed to make it in before Azura, the other most probable infantry lance user from Fates. Technically, Azura has much higher priority compared to Oboro due to Azura's main character status while Oboro is a side character at best, so it feels very odd to see Koei Tecmo justify Azura's removal by saying they wanted to limit the number of Fates characters, yet Niles and Oboro got priority over her instead.

All the villains in the game have also been leaked:

Here's Garneff:

And Iago:

Iago is the boss of Chapter 13.

Navarre, as expected, also shows up:

And last but not least...

Welp, not surprisingly, we fight Darios at one point:

Apparently, he dies at some point in the story, and judging from this image (I've been too busy to follow that Twitch stream), he gets possessed by some evil force following that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the one hand, I'm really happy! Oboro is my second favorite Fates character, so you can imagine how happily surprised I was to learn she made the cut. She's also our first infantry lance user in this game, which was something I wanted to see. I'm hoping she's a secret unlockable character.

On the other hand, Oboro managed to make it in before Azura, the other most probable infantry lance user from Fates. Technically, Azura has much higher priority compared to Oboro due to Azura's main character status while Oboro is a side character at best, so it feels very odd to see Koei Tecmo justify Azura's removal by saying they wanted to limit the number of Fates characters, yet Niles and Oboro got priority over her instead.

Here's Garneff:

And Iago:

Apparently, he dies at some point in the story, and judging from this image (I've been too busy to follow that Twitch stream), he gets possessed by some evil force (following that?).
I'm pretty surprised that Oboro made it in, considering the Fates comments from the developers, even if Oboro is pretty popular. I'm still shocked that Oboro and Niles made it on the roster, assuming they are playable characters. I'm still incredibly confused if they and Navarre are playable.
All I can say is that I know a lot of people are going to be upset that Oboro and Niles are playable over Azura and a different archer like Jeorge or Virion.

As for the villains, I thought Garon would get in over Iago, but I guess they chose the villain that both the Hoshidan and Nohrian royals don't like. Though, this is assuming that Garon isn't in the game in any capacity. I'm not surprised they chose Gharnef for the Shadow Dragon villain; I thought it would be him or Camus.
And I don't care about Edgy Owain here.

One thing I noticed is that there are no armored units in this game, which is disappointing but there aren't a lot of choices for both games. I really hope Hector is a DLC character.
Personally, I would've cut a lot of Fates characters and added room for Blazing Sword and Path of Radiance characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Didn't Oboro score really high in popularity polls? Azura would of been the more iconic choice by far, and would of had a more unique moveset, but I can kind of see why they went with Oboro, I guess.

The villains are a waste. No Michalis? Gangrel? Walmart? Garon? If this is about clones, Walmart could of been a Frederick clone.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Here's Garneff:

And Iago:

Apparently, he dies at some point in the story, and judging from this image (I've been too busy to follow that Twitch stream), he gets possessed by some evil force following that.
Yeah, ok, i'm actually really upset at both Oboro and Niles' inclusion in the game now. Koei Tecmo cuts Azura because there'd be too many Fates characters.......but they add two more Fates characters in. It;s just very hypocritical. More importantly, they cut a plot relevant character in exchange for two side characters. Yeah ok.

I don't hate Oboro and Niles, but i don't like this decision at all.

As for the rest, maybe it's because of the image quality but Gharnef doesn't look too good. I mean, he never looked good but, it's probably the image quality but Gharnef looks somehow....worse. He'll probably look better when i play the game though.

Interesting about Iago being the Fates villain and not Garon.

LOL, Darius pulls a Conquest Takumi. A shame too, he was the best looking Warriors OC.

Navarre, we knew about so i'm not really gonna comment on him.

Didn't Oboro score really high in popularity polls? Azura would of been the more iconic choice by far, and would of had a more unique moveset, but I can kind of see why they went with Oboro, I guess.

The villains are a waste. No Michalis? Gangrel? Walmart? Garon? If this is about clones, Walmart could of been a Frederick clone.
Oboro did score higher than Azura in popularity polls, but Azura has plot relevance (she's like literally the most important character in Fates next to Corrin) so it makes no sense why they cut her and added Oboro in instead. It's like cutting Chrom in favor of Gregor.

As for the villains, i'm not surprised Gharnef is in, but i'm surprised Iago is in over Gharnef. Speaking of dragons, where is Medeus, the original big bad?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
You've heard of Flier Emblem, Horse Emblem, and Armor Emblem. Now get ready for
Dancer Emblem

I only want Azura but she's a green unit and she shares that color with Inigo, this is gonna kill me. At the very least, Peri isn't in my way.

Azura just broke the game. That legendary weapon is so broken.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You've heard of Flier Emblem, Horse Emblem, and Armor Emblem. Now get ready for
Dancer Emblem

I only want Azura but she's a green unit and she shares that color with Inigo, this is gonna kill me. At the very least, Peri isn't in my way.

Azura just broke the game. That legendary weapon is so broken.
Hoo boy, we have ranged dancers. This will be a pain to fight against in Arena.

I won't be going after these units after 16 Orbs (I have Azura and Ninian, so I don't need more dancers), but they will amazing, no doubt. Even if you don't get Azura, Inigo will be a good unit to have since he's a dancing mage.

Interestingly enough, the units here are two mothers and their sons. That's a nice dynamic.

EDIT: Wow. Talk about last day banner blessings!
I got a neutral Elincia and a +attack Reinhardt! Dang...

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Untitled.png

I know Azura is the potentially game-breaking star of the banner, but everybody in it looks fantastic. This is easily the best thematic banner so far, and the first one where I feel like I want to get everyone in it.

I hope future thematic banners are more like this: Representing their characters in a fun way that still fits their personality and background. This is still a fancervice-y banner, but it feels better than previous ones for that reason alone.

I currently have 331 orbs saved up. Give me strength.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
View attachment 132914

I know Azura is the potentially game-breaking star of the banner, but everybody in it looks fantastic. This is easily the best thematic banner so far, and the first one where I feel like I want to get everyone in it.

I hope future thematic banners are more like this: Representing their characters in a fun way that still fits their personality and background. This is still a fancervice-y banner, but it feels better than previous ones for that reason alone.

I currently have 331 orbs saved up. Give me strength.
The summer banners followed that formula too, I mean the heroes literally just went on a vacation on the beach, and not everybody was exactly happy for "having to go", it wasn't just a random "let's dress like bunnies because bobbies easter", it had a background and a reasoning, despite being the most obvious fanservice thing.
Also never forget "this dress wasn't my idea", the brides banner was as senseless as the easter one, but you can't say that line wasn't full of Lyn's personality lmao.

Oh, I almost forgot, am I the dumbest/blindest person in the world or did they not implement the chain auto battle thing yet? They said they would, didn't they? My quality of life will increase 38% if they do it....

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I really really really want to believe, that Olivia will have absurdly high attack, res/def and speed. I just -need- it. I don't care if def or res, just make her have a single good role. Please IS, atleast -one- good ninja besides Kagero...

Also, at the Azura gamebreaking people:

It doesn't stack with buffs. Blade-Tome teams likely don't want to waste an action just for the buff, they usually use the dancing move to obliterate or escape. The Buff itself is strong, but its too late into the turn.

Outside of Blade-tome teams, a neat addition, and definitely nice for leveling! As long as her stats are okay, I'd be happy to use her as axe-support, just not gamebreaking by herself. It's like splitting the power of a unit to another even more, making her truly the most supportive of the dancers.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Looks like I was right about it being Nohrian Azura! Thanks to Elincia coming to me on the free summon, I've been able to stockpile 122 orbs. Let's see if I'm able to pull her!

Hoo boy, we have ranged dancers. This will be a pain to fight against in Arena.
This is going to flood the Arena with dancers, dancers with crazy skills. Regular dancers were already enough of a bother, but now... *shudders*

Anna just became the best character in FE Warriors
Anna Emblem! That was a pretty funny video.

Oh, I almost forgot, am I the dumbest/blindest person in the world or did they not implement the chain auto battle thing yet? They said they would, didn't they? My quality of life will increase 38% if they do it....
Yes, you enable "Continuous Auto" in the settings.

I really really really want to believe, that Olivia will have absurdly high attack, res/def and speed. I just -need- it. I don't care if def or res, just make her have a single good role. Please IS, atleast -one- good ninja besides Kagero...
Well, Olivia will be good just by virtue of her being a dancer. All dancers are good, and she's especially good because of her B-passive. But, even with bad offensive stats, she can take up the role of being an excellent debuffer. The main problem with most of the ninjas is that debuffing is the only thing they can do. Debuffing is nice, but it's a waste of a character slot if that's all they can do. Olivia doesn't suffer from that problem, since she can dance. This puts her in a top support position, since she can dance, buff, and debuff. That's a very versatile support role.

Also, at the Azura gamebreaking people:

It doesn't stack with buffs. Blade-Tome teams likely don't want to waste an action just for the buff, they usually use the dancing move to obliterate or escape. The Buff itself is strong, but its too late into the turn.

Outside of Blade-tome teams, a neat addition, and definitely nice for leveling! As long as her stats are okay, I'd be happy to use her as axe-support, just not gamebreaking by herself. It's like splitting the power of a unit to another even more, making her truly the most supportive of the dancers.
Since the analysis I did was kinda long, I put it in spoilers:

As for Azura, I don't think anyone is concerned with the buffs stacking. The main thing is that this is the single most overpowered assist in the game. It's essentially Dance + Rally Everything. This also leaves her C-passive free, and, furthermore, she has a legendary weapon, so her attack is guaranteed to be at least decent. Also, unlike the other dancers here, she's not giving up her B-passive slot for the buff power. She'll be free to run lancebreaker or some other shenanigans.

With respect to the point that the buff is "too late into the turn" for -blade tome users to make use of it, that just doesn't make sense at all. Eirika & Ephraim are currently considered the best support units for infantry bladerunners, and they're expected to run a Rally skill. So suppose Eirika is running my build, which is Rally Def/Res with Hone Spd 3, alongside Nino. She needs to rally for Nino to get a buff to every stat (4 to Spd, 3 to all others), and Nino needs to be standing next to Eirika at the start of the turn. So one character expends a turn to do this, and the other 3 can still act.

With Azura, Nino can start the turn wherever, she can then move and perform an action, and then Azura can dance for her, which gives her a buff of 3 to all stats. So one character's turn is expended, and the other 3 can still act. Nino has one less buff point to Spd, but she was a lot less constrained in her position at the start of the turn, and she can move over a lot more ground. If Nino needs positioning at the end of her turn, that's what Reposition and Draw Back are for.

So she can usurp the main roles of Eirika/Ephraim no problem.

Outside of blade tomes, basically everyone loves a dancer and a buff to every stat, and it comes without the traditional positioning constraints of the hone/fortify skills. There has never been a skill that buffed every stat before, and this is a really broken way to do it, since she is doing it via dance. She occupies the role a dancer traditionally has, but with the ability to buff everything, and she has a legendary weapon, so she's virtually guaranteed to have some offensive presence, and she has her B and C slots are free to run whatever.

In sum, she's definitely pretty broken.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Welp, I'm sold. Looks like I'm pulling on this next banner. 40 orbs ready to go. ~~

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Not interested in that new banner, although it would be nice if I get Azura so that way I would have two of them since I already have the original.

Last edited:
Top Bottom