• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Astellius

Smash Ace
I'm pretty happy that Ike is a 40% bonus unit, I've had him and Titania (who I have used a lot) since their original banner. I haven't used my Ike in a long while, so it'll be fun to use him in TT this time lol.

I've been summoning a little bit on the new units banner, but I'm pretty much only sniping reds for Elincia, so I haven't done too many actual summons yet, and haven't gotten her. Fingers Crossed.

Also, arena tier 20 hype! We'll have to see if I'm able to maintain tier 20 past this season though lol.
Ike has been a staple of my offensive Arena team, but now I might start using Elincia instead of him sometimes. I really like his built-in Distant Counter for handling some Ninos and Cecilias, but Elincia is a really nice flyer for my team. If only I had someone who could give her Galeforce!

Is it your first time making it to Tier 20? If so, congrats! To stay in T20, I believe you need to get ~4900 points. I usually get ~4850 a week, and I'm never close to making the cutoff to stay in it. But, bouncing back and forth between T19 & 20 isn't so bad, it's the same amount of orbs, and either way, it's still pretty nice for feathers.

Oh boy I rolled an Ike with my free summon!
Oh no he's -attack. Whelp, he's not going anywhere without B!Lucy or hone attack support.Yeah, but we're going to see a flood of BK in the arena soon, so it's important to be prepared. I do expect him to be the new Hector when it comes to bringing him down.
Nice! Also, Ike will be getting the Bonus Hero stat boost for TT, so the -Atk won't matter too much there.

As for the flood of BK, I have no worries. My Reinhardt is ready to do what he usually does. Since Reinhardt can take him out, I don't think he'll be much of a problem in the current meta. But I believe BK has Wings of Mercy natively, so that can be annoying (as it always is!).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I had a fairly easy time with the latest BHB. My team was Gray/B!Lucy/Ninian+1/Fae, and the latter two were s-supported. All I had to do was give Lucy desperation and Gray the attack +1 seal.

There's two horse slaying weapons on this map, though. Combine that with Ninian's dance and I can see horse emblem having issues for once. Then again, horse emblem.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This was the easiest BHB by far, but I'm not complaining. Easy Orbs are good Orbs. :p
I ran Ike/Julia/Nowi/Azura here. Nowi made the map a lot easier with her Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker set, taking care of the Zanbato sword cavalier. Ike took care of the mage and, with assistance from Julia, Hawkeye. Then Nowi killed the Wo Dao guy and then Julia proceeded to defeat Ninian.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Unlike you guys, i was actually having a bit of trouble on the Lunatic!BHB. I had the right idea (Brave!Roy takes down Haweye and retreated with Galeforce, Michalis handles the Ridersbane Cavalier), but the main thing that was getting me was Ninian's Miracle activating at the wrong time. That and my Nowi not being able to ORKO the Zanbanto Cavalier. So i tried doing what Xeno did and gave her both Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker (which meant i had to temporarily remove her Vantage 3). However, something happened. I had just planned in going in with Triangle Adept 1 and Swordbreaker 2, but when i got the neccesary SP after a 35 minute grind......i accidentally upped Nowi's Triangle Adept to lv.2. And that's when i said screw it. I'm not spending 35 minutes or more trying to earn more SP just to teach Nowi Swordbreaker 2, just to earn 3 Orbs that i'm probably gonna end up wasting on an Odin. I actually did a summon session afterwards and it was pretty garbage. And yes, a 3-Star Odin was there.

There really needs to be a faster way for Lv.40 characters to earn SP.

The only thing that's stopping me from being too upset is that the Black Knight is just right around the corner.

Then Nowi killed the Wo Dao guy and then Julia proceeded to defeat Ninian.
There is no WO Dao guy on that map.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

The only thing that's stopping me from being too upset is that the Black Knight is just right around the corner.
I dunno, outside of SP weekends, 30 stamina for 200~ SP sounds fair, considering you can run it 3 times.

Talking about lv 35 units in chain challange normal mode. 10 fights and then surrender at the last fight, to redo it as often as you want for the full SP.

... just in case someone here doesn't know it.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Yeah, this one seemed easier than most of the others, I only needed 3 units for it: Cecilia, Xander, and Anna. My Brave Lucina was also there, providing crucial Moral Support, and otherwise being a pretty battlefield decoration. On the first turn, I had Cecilia delete Ninian, and then had Xander reposition Anna so she could reposition Cecilia out of danger. The lance cav decides it's a good day to die on Anna's axe, and the mage shoots some things at Anna, but she's fine, with 1 HP left.

On the second turn, I had Xander move up to block the choke point, and Cecilia attacks the Zanbato cav from the little nook. Anna warps south of Xander. The Wo Dao guy attacks Xander, the green mage eats some of Cecilia's fatal magic, and Hawkeye and the cav clog up the top of the map.

On the third turn, Cecilia finished off the cav and Xander throws the swordsman into the bonfire. Then it was just Xander vs. Hawkeye in a match to the death.

Unlike you guys, i was actually having a bit of trouble on the Lunatic!BHB. I had the right idea (Brave!Roy takes down Haweye and retreated with Galeforce, Michalis handles the Ridersbane Cavalier), but the main thing that was getting me was Ninian's Miracle activating at the wrong time. That and my Nowi not being able to ORKO the Zanbanto Cavalier. So i tried doing what Xeno did and gave her both Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker (which meant i had to temporarily remove her Vantage 3). However, something happened. I had just planned in going in with Triangle Adept 1 and Swordbreaker 2, but when i got the neccesary SP after a 35 minute grind......i accidentally upped Nowi's Triangle Adept to lv.2. And that's when i said screw it. I'm not spending 35 minutes or more trying to earn more SP just to teach Nowi Swordbreaker 2, just to earn 3 Orbs that i'm probably gonna end up wasting on an Odin. I actually did a summon session afterwards and it was pretty garbage. And yes, a 3-Star Odin was there.

But Odin is a great summon though, he's got Moonbow. Plus, not too long ago, you said that you didn't have fodder for specials, so there's that. And the Wo Dao guy is on the Infernal difficulty.

D

Deleted member

On the Infernal map, they add a Wo Dao unit on the map.
If you want general advice on how to clear the maps on Hard and beyond, I recommend you watch this video from PM1. He uses F2P units, but you can apply his advice to other units.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I had a fairly easy time with the latest BHB. My team was Gray/B!Lucy/Ninian+1/Fae, and the latter two were s-supported. All I had to do was give Lucy desperation and Gray the attack +1 seal.

There's two horse slaying weapons on this map, though. Combine that with Ninian's dance and I can see horse emblem having issues for once. Then again, horse emblem.
Then again, horse emblem for sure lmao.

I did all levels of the BHB with my usual horse team (Roy / Reinhardt / Cecilia / Eldigan). They ate it alive lol. Zanbato and Rider's bane only matter if you actually let the enemy attack your units, they provide little protection from horse buffs on player phase power houses like Reinhardt and Cecilia lol. Those two can take a unit from full health to 0 before the opponent even gets a chance to attack. If they really want to counter horse teams, they need to put in more skills that nullify movement buffs.

As for arena, I got my first deathless run of the season, but I didn't farm for high enough rated matches, so it likely isn't enough to keep me in tier 20. I'm going to try for another deathless run, but only with higher rated teams to try and raise my score. Not sure if I'll be able to maintain tier 20 after this season, but I'll give it a try.

I'm really looking forward to tempest trials. I got a second Ike on the Ike banner, this time +atk -res (the other had a random +/- on defensive IVs; not bad but not good either). I've merged them since I'd SI'd a lot of useful skills on my old Ike, and am raising the new Ike so I can have him ready for the next TT.

Only as a 4-Star or higher, which i didn't get, so that 3-Star Odin is totally useless to me.

Oh, i don't do Infernal difficulty. I find them to be too hard and the reward isn't even worth the trouble.
The cost of raising a unit from 3* rarity to 4* rarity is only 2000 feathers. I'm f2p too, so since summons are limited for me, I use most of my 3* SI fodder. Nearly every unit I've given SI to has had to use a 3* unit that I've upgraded to 4* in order to maximize inheritance.

Even though I've had to raise several units from 3* to 4* for SI, I've still had plenty of feathers since I've been playing to also raise several units to 5* too. I've been able to raise all 3 of my Askr units (Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna) to 5*, I've raised a handful of free units all the way to 5*, including a free 2* Cecilia (she's the same one I use all the time as a part of my horse team lol), a free 3* Palla from when they gave us the 3 Whitewings as quest rewards when SoV first came out (she was the first and only Palla I'd gotten for a long time, and part of my old flier core), and a free 4* Zephiel. I've also raised 1 4* regular Roy and 2 4* Reinhardts to 5* so I could merge them with my main Roy and Reinhardt, so I could have a 5*+1 regular Roy and a 5*+2 Reinhardt.

Truly, the game is quite generous with feathers lol, and with another tempest trials around the corner, there'll be plenty of feathers available soon for more upgrades.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Huh, now look what I found... A new (awaited) character in warriors!
Reveal:
The entire video:
Gameplay:
She reminds me -alot- of Zelda in Warriors. I love rapiers, and it just flows in soooo nicely.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Reveal:
The entire video:
Gameplay:
She reminds me -alot- of Zelda in Warriors. I love rapiers, and it just flows in soooo nicely.
YES, CELICA'S IN THE GAME! Now, i wish that box art leak never happened, so we could've been surprised.

Although, is it me, or is Celica an almost exact clone of Marth? I say almost because Celica has some magic in her attacks (oh, and she gets wings in her special) but looking at that gameplay, a lot of those movements look like they were just taken from Marth's.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
YES, CELICA'S IN THE GAME! Now, i wish that box art leak never happened, so we could've been surprised.

Although, is it me, or is Celica an almost exact clone of Marth? I say almost because Celica has some magic in her attacks (oh, and she gets wings in her special) but looking at that gameplay, a lot of those movements look like they were just taken from Marth's.
She does feel a bit similar, but then again, its hard to make the rapier, who is literally just a fancy thrusting and parry weapon anything but tipper based. Her specials/heavies thankfully seem to be different enough.

D

Deleted member

Reveal:
The entire video:
Gameplay:
I'm glad that Celica made it in! Although I haven't played SoV yet, I do love her redesign and some of my friends told me good things about her.

However, I really hope that Ike makes it in and it would be a crime if he was left out.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I'm glad that Celica made it in! Although I haven't played SoV yet, I do love her redesign and some of my friends told me good things about her.

However, I really hope that Ike makes it in and it would be a crime if he was left out.
I doubt he will make it at launch. I'd say DLC ties in greatly tho, considering that Roy is missing aswell, and both are the winners of the popularity contest after all.

Edit: I mean, in Hyrule Warriors I got my Fierce Deity Link aswell, so why wouldn't they do something like that too.

Edit Edit: Hey, look. I found something else in my archives.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Celica looks just like Marth. Magic seems regulated to her specials - the light attacks she has outside of those also seem to be shared with Marth.

My bet is that she ws a last-second add on just like Melee Roy. Oh boy, I can see the angry riots now. Seriously though, I'm actually dissapointed. She could of had a far more flashy spellsword style than what she has now. I guess she's more of a Ganondorf than a Roy in terms of wasted potential.

Lyn looks fantastic though.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Celica looks just like Marth. Magic seems regulated to her specials - the light attacks she has outside of those also seem to be shared with Marth.

My bet is that she ws a last-second add on just like Melee Roy. Oh boy, I can see the angry riots now.
I'd not reeally say that. Even if she's 1:1 the same, she still has supports with others, special animations, and brings more than just a marth reskin.
If people got over Lucina in smash, I doubt they will be that angry about a fun playstyle slapped onto a character they'll play more of.

... but yes, I agree, having her simply being full different like Lynn would be nice too. But who knows, maybe navarre will share her moveset aswell?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Reveal:
The entire video:
Gameplay:
Welp, I'm definitely sold! Now I know who I'm gonna be playing as when I buy the game.

D

Deleted member

I doubt he will make it at launch. I'd say DLC ties in greatly tho, considering that Roy is missing aswell, and both are the winners of the popularity contest after all.
If there is DLC, I hope he makes it in as DLC.
Considering how popular Ike is and the fact they are bringing characters not from SD, Awakening, and Fates, it would be a shame if he was left out of the game as a whole.
I mean if they wanted to, they could make him like they made Cloud in Dissidia NT.
In case you don't know, Koei Tecmo is making both Fire Emblem Warriors and Dissidia NT and I did have the chance to play the beta.
The way Cloud plays is that he's a charge character. The longer you hold down the attack button, the more powerful the attack can be. Cloud also has the ability to attack with beams on the ground.
Since Ike and Cloud are heavy swordsmen, I think they could work Ike in like they did with Cloud. It makes sense if Ike can attack with beams, especially when the Ragnell can do that.

Outside of Ike, I would love to see Katarina, Hector, and Innes. Though, the only characters that I think have a shot from the 4 I want are Ike and Hector.

My bet is that she ws a last-second add on just like Melee Roy. Oh boy, I can see the angry riots now. Seriously though, I'm actually dissapointed. She could of had a far more flashy spellsword style than what she has now. I guess she's more of a Ganondorf than a Roy in terms of wasted potential.
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they added characters like Lyn and Celica at the last minute. After finishing the main characters within the story, they probably had the time and resources to add characters like Lyn and Celica.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh boy, I can see the angry riots now.
I can link you to the SerenesForest thread regarding that. I'll give you some popcorn too.

In all seriousness, i'm upset that Celica's an almost clone of Marth, but at the same time, i'm happy she's in the game.

And regarding the complaints, some of them are valid, but most of them are just overreactions, as is everything else with this fandom.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can link you to the SerenesForest thread regarding that. I'll give you some popcorn too.
No thanks, I like to avoid the toxic side of the fandom these days. Not that it's easy when they're so vocal.

Personally, I'm pleased Echoes is getting any representation at all. I would of prefered if they saved Celica for DLC to give her a more unique moveset, and possibly added Alm as a Chrom clone instead, but what can you do? I'm still getting the game at launch regardless.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I like to avoid the toxic side of the fandom these days.
Same, but at this point, it's just hilarious.

Personally, I'm pleased Echoes is getting any representation at all. I would of prefered if they saved Celica for DLC to give her a more unique moveset, and possibly added Alm as a Chrom clone instead, but what can you do? I'm still getting the game at launch regardless.
Yeah, i pretty much agree with this. Though, there is one problem with the hypothetical scenario of Alm being a Chrom clone and that's the fact that Alm is left-handed.

The only thing that may stop me from getting this at launch is that Super Mario Odyssey comes out seven days later. Although, given that i'm a bigger Fire Emblem fan than Mario fan, i'll probably end up getting Warriors first and just wait until Christmas or later to get Odyssey, because Warriors and Xenoblade 2 will drain the money from my wallet.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Turns out that Lyn support that won the recent Twitter poll was Lyn x Celica. Here's footage of a part of the support:

Here's the translation of that support convo preview, courtesy of this SerenesForest user:

Celica: But you were raised without knowing that you're a princess, right? I.. had known about my identity from the beginning.

Lyn: But, you never returned to your palace?

Celica: If I went back, I would have been killed. I was saved by a certain someone and taken away from the palace. Then, a coup d'etat happened... All the royals other than me were killed off. ...I never wanted to be born as a princess. A surviving princess would just become a source of conflict.

Lyn: Celica... My precious family was murdered as well, so I think I understand how you feel. But when I learnt about my heritage, I found my reason for living, and I was able to meet by grandfather. I had friends who supported me, too. I think of that as quite the blessing. You too, should have someone important to you.

Celica: Someone important to me... Yes, I do.
Looks like a pretty good support.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Two more characters revealed for Warriors.

Caeda and Tiki.png

Caeda and Tiki. At this point I think this is the base roster, unless they reveal more tomorrow, which I doubt. Navarre could very well be a boss character, which might explain why he's not in the box and in the game yet. Rip Azura probably. I doubt they'll be DLC for more Fates characters.

Here's some game-play as well. Tiki's move-set is the best thing ever.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

View attachment 132832
Caeda and Tiki. At this point I think this is the base roster, unless they reveal more tomorrow, which I doubt. Navarre could very well be a boss character, which might explain why he's not in the box and in the game yet. Rip Azura probably. I doubt they'll be DLC for more Fates characters.

Well...
Tiki's dragonform looks -veeeeery beta. But fun. She looks adorable, I hope there is a way to chain magic getting things like for Fierce deity form for young link in hyrule warriors. Because she looks rather... slow and lacking of range for now outside of it.

Otherwise, looks pretty fun.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 132832

I do have to wonder why we saw Navarre and this one character with armor pads (possibly Jagen) before if they're not going to be playable. I found Navarre to be an odd choice as a playable character, but I thought Jagen would make it.
If Navarre is a boss character, keep in mind that he can still be playable. Before Hyrule Warriors was released, Ghirahim and Zant were shown to be boss characters and then revealed to be playable in a Direct. This could be the case with Navarre, Validar, and whatever villain they choose for Fates (possibly Garon).
Even as boss characters go, Navarre is an odd choice. I would give that role to someone like Camus or Gharnef.
Well... RIP Ike.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
While we got two characters revealed, we had the unfortunate and stupid deconfirmation of another

Translation
"...the team initially planned to include Corrin, Azura and the 8 siblings, but since the number of Fates inclusions were too great (and the game is really looking like AwakeningFates Musou), they decided they had to exclude Azura (this time)."
This is the first time i've been actually upset with this game. Look, i get that Fates has a lot of characters in this game. That still isn't reason to cut a character who is arguably the most important character in Fates (next to Corrin). If you were going to cut someone from Fates, why couldn't it be Hinoka since i keep forgetting she exists Elise and Sakura, as those two could've easily been made NPCs, given that neither of them are really fighters. Also, Elise and Sakura are clones of Leo ad Takumi respectively, whereas Azura could've had an entirely unique moveset.

I'm still buying the game because there are other characters in this game that i like but the developers cutting Azura for that reason really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like, if she had been cut due to time constraints, i would've been less upset, since stuff like that does happen.

Just please have Azura be DLC at least. I'll gladly pay $5 to play as her.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yeah, it's quite a shame that Azura is not making it into the base game. She could've done a great job representing the infantry lance units, and she could've had her water-bending, singing, and dancing skills thrown into the mix for a really fun and unique moveset.

Hopefully, she'll be DLC.

stop ok he's top 10

Smash Rookie
i decided to build all 7 of the characters i voted for in the cyl event a while back, so here's my progress now:

here's the actual list:
unfortunatly, i dont have hinoka (my favorite character) or azama, but im going to start on my 4* sakura today

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
i decided to build all 7 of the characters i voted for in the cyl event a while back, so here's my progress now:

here's the actual list:
unfortunatly, i dont have hinoka (my favorite character) or azama, but im going to start on my 4* sakura today
Neat! I myself am just lacking a Katarina, and would complete my list of desired heroes. I wish you quite the luck for Hinoka... a flier banner can't be too far away anymore. Haven't seen a single Hinoka around my friend circle yet either.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh hey, one of the Tempest Trial rewards is a Panic Ploy 1 seal! This should help me deal with those nasty bladetome horses.
This is the first time i've been actually upset with this game. Look, i get that Fates has a lot of characters in this game. That still isn't reason to cut a character who is arguably the most important character in Fates (next to Corrin). If you were going to cut someone from Fates, why couldn't it be Hinoka since i keep forgetting she exists Elise and Sakura, as those two could've easily been made NPCs, given that neither of them are really fighters. Also, Elise and Sakura are clones of Leo ad Takumi respectively, whereas Azura could've had an entirely unique moveset.
You've got to remember, though, that adding even just two clones can potentially require vastly less resources than making an entirely original one from scratch. It's still a huge disappointment that Azura is in the game, but I don't think we have Sakura and Elise to blame for that.

Hinoka is best big sister fight me irl

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
>states that they are going to pretty much only/mostly include Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates characters
>decides to scrap one character that would actually bring something different to the table because "but too much Fates tho"

lol ok Koei

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's a big of a letdown that Azura isn't in the game though, as much as I don't appreciate it, I can understand their reasoning. The fact that they said "this time" suggest she could very well be DLC. But why didn't they put her in early on, I wonder.

Oh well, that won't stop me from getting the game.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
You've got to remember, though, that adding even just two clones can potentially require vastly less resources than making an entirely original one from scratch.
That's true but there was no mention of time constraints. If Azura was cut due to time constraints, most people probably wouldn't have been upset as much.

It's still a huge disappointment that Azura is in the game, but I don't think we have Sakura and Elise to blame for that.
I wasn't really blaming Elise and Sakura, it was more of just if they were going to cut someone, i'd rather have it be those two. Ideally, the Royals+Corrin and Azura would've been in the game.

I can understand their reasoning.
I can but can't at the same time. Like, yeah, Fates has too many characters but why cut arguably the most important one? Azura was the Fates character that was revealed and she has borderline Lord status.

Oh well, that won't stop me from getting the game.
Same. There are other characters that i want to play as besides Azura. Like Tiki. Her moveset is great.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That's true but there was no mention of time constraints. If Azura was cut due to time constraints, most people probably wouldn't have been upset as much.
I guess I interpreted it as "we don't want to poor too many resources into Fates and leave SD/Awakening in the dust". Why else would having overrepresentation be an issue other than limited resources (and salty Fates-haters)?

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Screenshot (557).png

DLC for Warriors announced and it's... Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.

I'm expecting massive quantities of sodium chloride in the morning. I'm mixed on this announcement, personally. While it's a shame that other games won't get representation in the DLC (as of right now anyways), at least they could further expand on the current games without having the "they must be important" rule above their heads.

unknown.png

There's also a Bride Lucina.

"The first set of DLC maps can be bought all at once, and will also come with a Bride costume for Lucina."

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
View attachment 132844

I'm expecting massive quantities of sodium chloride in the morning. I'm mixed on this announcement, personally. While it's a shame that other games won't get representation in the DLC (as of right now anyways), at least they could further expand on the current games without having the "they must be important" rule above their heads.

View attachment 132846

There's also a Bride Lucina.

"The first set of DLC maps can be bought all at once, and will also come with a Bride costume for Lucina."
Well, to ease the salt... The first DLC's are there to enhance the game, not expand on it. Which is actually pretty logical imo.
There -will- be dlc for the other games. I mean, all warrior games do that to stay relevant and being played over longer times. But other games, means more story, means more maps. The DLC here likely just don't have to be that much of work. Also explains why it comes first.

Am I way too optimistic, or... am I just that of a fanboy?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The developers: "We cut Azura because there'd be too many Fates characters"
Also the developers: "Our first set of DLC will include Fates characters".

It would've made way more sense to have Blazing Blade and Echoes DLC because of Lyn and Celica but i guess not.

But hey, Azura's basically confirmed DLC now, unless they cut her completely for a stupid reason.

Well, to ease the salt... The first DLC's are there to enhance the game, not expand on it. Which is actually pretty logical imo.
There -will- be dlc for the other games. I mean, all warrior games do that to stay relevant and being played over longer times. But other games, means more story, means more maps. The DLC here likely just don't have to be that much of work. Also explains why it comes first.

Am I way too optimistic, or... am I just that of a fanboy?
You have a point but it's just, it would've made more sense to focus on Blazing Blade and Echoes.

DMan64

Smash Cadet
To give my honest opinion, I was going to get the game, but now they killed any sort of excitement for me and well, threw any potential out of the window, and honestly, they've made so many backwards choices that I am no longer going to buy the game. I know that seems petty, but keep in mind I came in with Awakening and Fates, and I defended the initial roster because frankly it made sense, Awakening and Fates were the two biggest selling games and helped to establish FE as a major IP(even though there reasoning was horse crap really, you don't want to include characters all around for risk of having too many sword characters, when the box art is nothing but sword characters and their are 10 sword characters in the game as we know. Not to mention the two original characters were supposed to wield an ax and a lance but they changed it because somehow people wouldn't be able to get the weapons triangle as easy, you mean rock, paper, scissors format that literally anybody with a brain could get.) That said I still understand the focus on said games.

But that said you would think that they would at least include Roy and Ike in the base game, you know, the two most popular male characters in the series. You would think they would include Alm with Celica , but I guess we can't have other sword characters in a game that already has more than enough.

And don't get me started on the DLC. Really, your telling me that SD, Awakening and Fates are the only games out of a 15 game series with any unique characters. That's not to say that they won't include anymore old school characters, but Hyrule Warriors got it right with having multiple different games across the Zelda series represented, what's this games excuse. Not to mention, this seems completely counter intuitive to appealing to the fan-base as a whole, when you are only pulling from the games that are already represented, and thus, only appealing to those fans. As harsh as this may sound, I think Koe Techmo is just completely inept to the idea of appealing to the fans, as a whole, with this title, and one that had easy money written all over it. Even I, someone who adores Awakening and Fates for what they are and will defend those two games, know that Koei Techmo, frankly didn't do a good job with the character roster. And that said, the base roster as well is just extremely safe, not inherently bad, but just so predictable. If you ask me, Intelligent Systems should've been more involved with this title, because they are at least attempting (and with some regard of success) to appeal to everyone with titles like Heroes and Echoes. They at least acknowledge that they don't only have three games in their series + some random characters that are just popular for some reason and happen to be from some Fire Emblem game.

Even Hyrule Warriors at least had the Majora's Mask DLC pack, you know, a game that wasn't really represented in the original version.

And on the subject of Azura, they should've just included her from the get go. I know there's already a good amount of Fates characters, but if your already just going to add more, then just put her in the base game to add some variety, seriously a lance user with water magic, why not have her in?

As for my argument of appealing to fans as a whole, some will argue 'well they included Lyn, isn't that old school enough.' Okay sure, but then like I said, where's Roy and Ike then, why not have the DLC based around their games instead of giving fans more of something that's ultimately going to disappoint many people, in fact most of the people I've talked to and the comments I've seen online, are more of disappointment rather than that of excitement, even from those who enjoy Awakening and Fates.

This is one of those games that I hope gets a sequel, and hopefully by then the developers will actually open their eyes and see that they just threw away a potentially amazing game for BOTH old and new fans, and that's what really irritates me about this title. I'm someone who wants to see anything live up to it's fullest potential, but that fact that Koei Techmo just somehow doesn't seem to know what there doing with this title really irritates me to no end and legitimately gets me angry because of that.

With all of that said, I'm sure the game will be just fine, but man Koei Techmo really really dropped the ball here, and I'm not going to get the game and instead spend my money on Mario Odyssey. And for me personally, I'll just stick with Heroes, because at least IS gets it. That and I'll wait for the new FE for Switch as well. If you disagree with my opinion that's fine, but I just really needed to get my opinion out there.

EDIT: IF, and this is a big IF, they have more DLC focusing on the older titles and add in more representation from the older games in a better balance, then maybe I'll reconsider, but as it stands currently, I have zero interest anymore.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wow, I can't believe they're doing that. There's no Blazing Sword or Echoes pack, at least? Why....why would they do that? Yeah, we really need Azura as a DLC character, but an entirely new Fates pack?

I don't think they've shot themselves in the foot as hard as they just did now. I'm not canceling my preorder over this, but still, wow.

Also ewww, waifu pandering with Lucina.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Even Hyrule Warriors at least had the Majora's Mask DLC pack, you know, a game that wasn't really represented in the original version.
Wasn't that Legends though?

I'm not canceling my preorder over this, but still, wow.
Same, I'm still buying FE Warriors but there's no denying that there's a lot of questionable decisions being made.

Also ewww, waifu pandering with Lucina.
If Bride!Lucina is a thing in this game, then who's ready for the eventual swimsuit DLC pack?

Top Bottom