• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
One time I spent a full minute trying to figure out why my shoe wouldn't fit only to realize I was trying to put it on the wrong foot. That's why I'm sticking with team Leo to the end - I'm the only one who truly understands his struggle.
Which is a shame because I really dislike him, "you have the devil's own luck" is the cringiest thing in the game, specially when he repeat it, and repeat it....
And I think that Robin beating Tharja is a long shot, where was him ranked at in the ballot? Was he even top 10? I don't remember at all.
Doesn't he only say it, like, twice?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've heard cringier.
You won't believe which vegetable catches my fancy... tomatoes.

Eh, i'd argue Robin can beat Tharja. You know, because Smash.
I think Robin stands a chance just because of Smash.
For this gauntlet at least, we need to stop thinking "this character will win" because they will win.

That's cringier than "let's jump into the brine together" Hisame?
Everything Hisame says is just full of cringe.
I didn't have Hinata marry anyone because his child was like that.
EDIT: Also, Hinata is a terrible father.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The worst part about that is tomatoes are actually fruits.

You need a hug or something? There's always another time.
I need Percy levels of luck.

In all seriousness, i'm just gonna try to hoard Orbs until the last second. I really want Azura (especially because I have no good Blue Units).

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I need Percy levels of luck.
Eh, I don't believe in luck so I wouldn't rely on that.
In all seriousness, i'm just gonna try to hoard Orbs until the last second. I really want Azura (especially because I have no good Blue Units).
**** every time I see a colorless orb, I was hoping (still am though) for either Jaffar or Rebecca, but no dice so I know how that feels.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Heroes quotes bring cringe to a whole new level.

"I'm really fond of Alm....but I like you too!"
Eh, I don't believe in luck so I wouldn't rely on that.
Luck is real, and so is the RNGoddess. The problem is that she's a greedy, uncaring diety that hates Arthur and Knoll for no reason.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Luck is real, and so is the RNGoddess. The problem is that she's a greedy, uncaring diety that hates Arthur and Knoll for no reason.
Of course RNGoddess is real and she don't give a damn about what we want or think. Only losers believe in luck.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Which is a shame because I really dislike him, "you have the devil's own luck" is the cringiest thing in the game, specially when he repeat it, and repeat it....
I personally think many of Nyx's voiced dialogue is much cringier.

"Appearances can be deceiviiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnng."

She drags out the "ing" for way too long.

Also, may I ask why you're not a fan of Leo other than that devil's luck line? You're one of the few people I've seen online to express disdain for him, so I'm curious.

------

I guess that could be a segway into a discussion topic I've been recently thinking of: what lowers Leo's likability as a character to the point one might dislike/hate him?

I've come up with this topic because I've noticed almost all of the royals generally have a distinct reason for why they are disliked/hated by their haters: Ryoma and Hinoka for being "bland" (the former also receives hate among some fans for withholding the medicine that Elise needs in Chapter 12), Elise and Sakura for being "typical and bland lollies," Xander for his actions in the story, and Camilla and Takumi for... well, considering how vocal the hate bases for these two characters get online, I think most of us know why both of these characters receive a lot of hate.

But Leo seems to be the one character that receives the least amount of hate from what I've seen, so it's made me curious as to what would lower Leo's likability.

The only aspect I can think of that lowers his likability is that he was a jerk to his son in Forrest's paralogue, and I remember not liking what Leo did in that scene at all.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In Forrest's paralouge, Leo just blurted out what he said because he was embarrassed. Not that what he said was okay, but it lined up with his character - he isn't great with people, and he can't deal with embarrassment at all.

It makes me sad Hinoka is considered bland. It's not that she lacks a character, but that she isn't extreme and doesn't stand out. She actually felt like the most human character in the cast to me because she had distinct traits that made sense for her and weren't comically overplayed.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
In Forrest's paralouge, Leo just blurted out what he said because he was embarrassed. Not that what he said was okay, but it lined up with his character - he isn't great with people, and he can't deal with embarrassment at all.

It makes me sad Hinoka is considered bland. It's not that she lacks a character, but that she isn't extreme and doesn't stand out. She actually felt like the most human character in the cast to me because she had distinct traits that made sense for her and weren't comically overplayed.
But then there's also the fact Leo simply stands there when Forrest gets captured by bandits. Even Elise calls him out on it: "Stop being a jerk and help me save your son."

Leo and Forrest do make up after the battle, but I believe this paralogue proves Leo is not the mostly saintly individual and has jerk moments just like Takumi does.

Regarding Hinoka, I too do not find Hinoka bland, and I rank personally rank her highly among my favorite royals for similar reasons that you mentioned. From what I've seen on Serenes and another social in this website I'm a part of, she is quite unpopular there, and "blandness" is the most common criticism from those users.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
But Leo seems to be the one character that receives the least amount of hate from what I've seen, so it's made me curious as to what would lower Leo's likability.

The only aspect I can think of that lowers his likability is that he was a jerk to his son in Forrest's paralogue, and I remember not liking what Leo did in that scene at all.
I think it's just that. Outside of Forrest's paralogue, there isn't really anything to dislike about Leo i guess. The way I see it, Leo is like Takumi, but without the things that would make Takumi unlikable.

But yeahm Leo is the least disliked sibling.

It makes me sad Hinoka is considered bland.
Regarding Hinoka, I too do not find Hinoka bland,
I agree. I think the reason find her to be bland is because she's the least relevant sibling in Fates. She doesn't even stand out that much in Birthright.

Troykv

Smash Master
The next contestants for the Voting Gauntlet have been announced: male mages vs female mages. On the one side we have Leo, Merric, Henry, and Robin, and on the other we have Linde, Sanaki, Julia, and Tharja.

I know what you guys must be thinking upon seeing that roster, it was my first thought too... Where's Nino? Why isn't she on it?? I don't know. Nino is what this banner needs, and she isn't there. What were they thinking? And Micaiah. This game needs more Micaiah.

Oh... that wasn't your first thought? Your first thought was how super excited and euphoric you were to see Tharja in there? But seriously, that's lame, she's is just going to obliterate the competition and turn this into Camilla 2.0. Yeah. They're going to implement some sort of comeback mechanism, where the losing team's flags will be worth 3x as much. It's not going to help. Destruction is coming.
At least she has real competition (Lucina is a completely whole and different point of popularity, and the main Camilla's Competition, Cordelia, has lost a lot of her former hype)... M!Robin is actual competition for her, specially because is a character with a more casual fanbase, Smash Bros presence and is even a popular character to use in this game.

____

And yes, we need more Micaiah, I always have at least 250 Orbs saved for her arrival.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
And yes, we need more Micaiah, I always have at least 250 Orbs saved for her arrival.
I'm amazed at the restraint you all show. The moment I get 20 orbs, I get super anxious and can't help but spend them.

Rolling is the funnest part of this game, actually. Not knowing who I'll get is actually really exciting to me. But maybe that's because I don't get too caught up on getting a certain character or on getting certain "nature".

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm amazed at the restraint you all show. The moment I get 20 orbs, I get super anxious and can't help but spend them.

Rolling is the funnest part of this game, actually. Not knowing who I'll get is actually really exciting to me. But maybe that's because I don't get too caught up on getting a certain character or on getting certain "nature".
I have enough self-control to avoid use all my orbs... But I want to have new units too, so, everytime a new main banner appears, I pull between 4 and 5 units (there are special cases like the Spring Festival where I only pulled the only green and blue in the roll because I wanted to save for the Sophia banner)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
...Do Voting Gauntlets earn you more points if you have more friends? I tend to turn down friend request from strangers, but I noticed my sister's Ephraim kept appearing in the last gauntlet.

My FC is 8873837335 and my leading unit is Eirika. I'll be taking friend request until the end of the next voting gauntlet, so feel free to add me.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

^ This pretty much sums up my entire experience with FE Heroes. I simply can't help myself. :rotfl:

I haven't played it in forever, though. That's part of the reason I haven't been posting here as consistently anymore; there's not much for me to say. My phone doesn't have room for it, and I hate to confess, but it was a huge waste of my time anyway. Perhaps it is for the best....

...Do Voting Gauntlets earn you more points if you have more friends? I tend to turn down friend request from strangers, but I noticed my sister's Ephraim kept appearing in the last gauntlet.

My FC is 8873837335 and my leading unit is Eirika. I'll be taking friend request until the end of the next voting gauntlet, so feel free to add me.
10 friends or more gives you the highest bonus. Also, you get more points if you use the hero you are supporting, i.e if you are supporting team Leo and you use Leo in the gauntlet you get a bonus (10% more I think)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to mention this earlier, but I did another summoning a few days ago with the beginning of the Hero Fest event, and look who I got:

*Insert image 1 and image 2* (image uploader is currently broken)

Yep, I pulled Azura! I'm glad I finally have another good lance fighter outside of my 4-star Subaki. No doubt she'll be a huge asset to my team. I'm currently grinding her up alongside Soren, Catria, and Palla (the latter two I'm only grinding just for those orb quests)

I'm hoping to get a few more summons before the Hero Fest ends. I'm hoping I will summon Takumi within the next few days since this is currently my best chance to get him. Hector would be cool too.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Meanwhile, i've summoned like 5 times today (since i'm only going for the Blue Orbs) and literally the only new Blue Unit i got is Shanna.

Game please, i just want Azura!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Armagon Armagon

Hey, guess who I got this morning.

I don't know what the RNGoddess has against you, but it's actually kind of amusing in a sick, twisted way.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Armagon Armagon

Hey, guess who I got this morning.

I don't know what the RNGoddess has against you, but it's actually kind of amusing in a sick, twisted way.
At this point, i'm just gonna visit Arvis' famous barbecue resturant.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Never give up! Show how much you like her!
Everything worth it, is hard to get!
I've been trying but i have yet to get past the RNGoddess' cold, cruel heart. Once I do, i'll finally have Azura.

Oh btw, the Xander GHB comes tomorow, guys. Start getting ready.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Armagon Armagon

No reason to beat yourself up just cuz you can't get a character you want so badly. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up getting another Azura at some point.

Like LordTakeo said, never give up.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've been trying but i have yet to get past the RNGoddess' cold, cruel heart. Once I do, i'll finally have Azura.

Oh btw, the Xander GHB comes tomorow, guys. Start getting ready.
Just remember that you're not the only one that is suffering from the pain of doing everything he can to summon his favorite character. I've been trying to summon Takumi since forever, and I still haven't gotten him... and some of my good friends were already lucky enough to summon him very early on. I know the pain.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Armagon Armagon

No reason to beat yourself up just cuz you can't get a character you want so badly. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up getting another Azura at some point.

Like LordTakeo said, never give up.
I mean, i was just joking around. I'm not actually gonna beat myself up over it.

Just remember that you're not the only one that is suffering from the pain of doing everything he can to summon his favorite character. I've been trying to summon Takumi since forever, and I still haven't gotten him... and some of my good friends were already lucky enough to summon him very early on. I know the pain.
Yeah. On my end, two of my closest friends have Azura (with one of them also pulling Roy at the same time, who's my favorite Lord).

We must all stick together my friends, and work towards getting our most wanted character, even if it takes us to the end of time itself!

Astellius

Smash Ace
Meanwhile, i've summoned like 5 times today (since i'm only going for the Blue Orbs) and literally the only new Blue Unit i got is Shanna.

Game please, i just want Azura!
It appears you don't know how this works yet. You're not allowed to have your favorite character. Only other people are allowed to summon your favorite character...

I even put money into trying to summon Minerva, but all I have for my efforts are Cherche and an IV deficient Beruka. The RNG Goddess is cruel indeed.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
No one is allowed to have our favorites until the RNGoddess says we can. That's always been the number one rule when summoning heroes. She can be both generous AND cruel at the same time. How can we tell? Well, we don't know until we try.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Got him 4-stars with a team of Ninian/Sanaki/Lucina/Michalis, then spent hero feathers immediately to get him up to level 40. Then I sacrificed a 4-star Lon'qu to give him Vantage 3. I'm grinding him up alongside Azura at the moment, and he's already proving to be a total beast. I can't wait to get him to level 40.

On a different note, his voice acting in this game sounds a lot more cheerful. My sister suspects he may of adopted a puppy since then as to explain his new attitude. Either way, I don't trust this new positive Xander. The Dai Li brainwashed him, didn't they?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, so we got more info on those supposed 4-Tier Classes from Echoes. We don't have stats yet but we finally can see what they look like, as well as their actual names.
You can definitly see the Greek and Roman influences in these designs. Oh, and while some of the Class names sound stupid, their actually historical and mythological references.
  • Geirölul - Valkyrie named "One who advances with a spear"
  • Morgana (le Fay from Arthurian legend)
  • Titania - Queen of Faeries
  • Medb (Queen from Ulster Cycle)
And then there's the Mach Class, which just references the speed of sound.

Oh yeah, on a different note, they also showed off some more Cipher cards, some featuring Echoes characters, but characters from other games as well.

Jemmie's actually the odd one out because she's actually from Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurui, as well as being the only villain among the four characters here.

Silque from Echoes, Elphin from Binding Blade and Tibarn from Tellius.

And on one final note, the next Heroes banner (as in the one after Ike) has been teased.....I think. Ok so, Japan is doing this fortune thing with the game, and enough people participate, every player around the world gets 10 Orbs (this goal has been met). However, today's "super-lucky" character is someone who isn't actually in the game yet.

Yep, that's right. Celica's coming very soon too bad the current banners have depleted most of our Orb supplies.
Here's the full artwork, if you're curious

Now that my work is done here, let's see if i can get a 4-Star Xander. That Blue Lancer is the biggest issue for me right now. The Green Mage Cavalier gets taken care of by Sanaki, the Cleric doesn't matter, and Xander can technically be beaten by Sanaki but despite Sanaki's Swordbreaker, Xander still counterattacks with 39 damage, one-shotting Sanaki who only has 33 HP. So i need to weaken him first but i can't with the Blue Lancer in the way. My best bet right now is Hawkeye but i'm training my 5-Star AMerrica to see if i can take out that Blue Lancer with magic, as it's Resistance is significantly lower, plus Merric has the weapon advantage.

I tried tanking with Zephiel since he had Wary Fighter+3 but he just gets swarmed and defeated.

Edit: Ok, i just noticed that the Solomon Class comes with a Tome. Excuse me? There are no Tomes in Valentia.

What if the Solomon Class can use Magic without the HP Magic Cost? That's.........actually kinda broken, considering that Magic doesn't care about Terrain Bonuses in this game.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Cleared the Xander map first try, with Ike, Reinhardt, Olivia, and Gunter. With help from Olivia, I sent Ike up to take care of the swordsman on the first turn, everyone else waited in safety. The green mage cavalier came down and suicides himself on Ike, Xander and the lancer advance down the middle. Reinhardt kills the lancer, Olivia dances, Reinhardt kills the Xander, and then Gunter goes after the cleric, since he had nothing else to do.

But...
proxy.jpg
At least there's an elephant in the picture, eh?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Alright, help me out here
Screenshot_2017-05-02-13-58-15.png

That Lancer is the biggest problem for me. Klein doesn't deal enough damage nor can he quadruple it. Hawkeye could handle it but there's Xander to deal with. Sanaki could deal with Xander but not ORKO him, as he's too strong for her Defense. And Olivia is a 3-Star, she's soley here for the dance factor.

I am training up Merric to see if he can deal with the Lancer. My other 5-Stars besides him (and Sanaki, Klein and Hawkeye) are Eliwood, Sophia, Rebecca, and Maria.

View attachment 128649
That Lancer is the biggest problem for me. Klein doesn't deal enough damage nor can he quadruple it. Hawkeye could handle it but there's Xander to deal with. Sanaki could deal with Xander but not ORKO him, as he's too strong for her Defense. And Olivia is a 3-Star, she's soley here for the dance factor.

I am training up Merric to see if he can deal with the Lancer. My other 5-Stars besides him (and Sanaki, Klein and Hawkeye) are Eliwood, Sophia, Rebecca, and Maria.
Do you have access to do swordbreaker and triangle adept? If so then I would suggest giving them to sophia and swapping out sanaki. Swordbreaker 1 and triangle adept 2 should be fine I think. So basically, send her right and attack the sword unit and because of swordbreaker she'll double and should ko. Move your other units up slightly while staying out of attacking range and end your turn. The green mage cav will attack her and do little to no damage due to triangle adept (this is important so she stays in the hp range for swordbreaker to deal with xander). I'm not sure if she'll defeat it, if she does great, if not the cleric will wings of mercy and heal it but that shouldn't be a huge deal.
Next turn, with the help of olivia, she should be able to Xander(I think she's bulky enough to take a hit) and the green cav if it's not dead. Hawkeye deals with the lance and klein takes care of the cleric

Hope this helps!

Edit: Sophia needs 49 atk (I think) to 1 round the sword knight while she needs 48 atk to 1 round xander as long as sworbreaker is still active, olivia's hone atk should be enough if sophia doesn't reach 49 attack naturally

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
View attachment 128649

Take-out the red-sword unit with your sanaki on the right side. The blue will approach, as will the others, but not reach sanaki.
The green unit will suicide against sanaki, or atleast give her enough charges of chilling wind, to ORKO Xander.
By this time, your Hawkeye can deal with blue-Unit-kun, and Klein can do... stuff.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Do you have access to do swordbreaker and triangle adept? If so then I would suggest giving them to sophia and swapping out sanaki. Swordbreaker 1 and triangle adept 2 should be fine I think. So basically, send her right and attack the sword unit and because of swordbreaker she'll double and should ko. Move your other units up slightly while staying out of attacking range and end your turn. The green mage cav will attack her and do little to no damage due to triangle adept (this is important so she stays in the hp range for swordbreaker to deal with xander). I'm not sure if she'll defeat it, if she does great, if not the cleric will wings of mercy and heal it but that shouldn't be a huge deal.
Next turn, with the help of olivia, she should be able to Xander(I think she's bulky enough to take a hit) and the green cav if it's not dead. Hawkeye deals with the lance and klein takes care of the cleric

Hope this helps!

Edit: Sophia needs 49 atk (I think) to 1 round the sword knight while she needs 48 atk to 1 round xander as long as sworbreaker is still active, olivia's hone atk should be enough if sophia doesn't reach 49 attack naturally
i currently don't have any access to Swordbreaker outside of Sanaki. Olivia doesn't havr Hone Attack.

Take-out the red-sword unit with your sanaki on the right side. The blue will approach, as will the others, but not reach sanaki.
The green unit will suicide against sanaki, or atleast give her enough charges of chilling wind, to ORKO Xander.
By this time, your Hawkeye can deal with blue-Unit-kun, and Klein can do... stuff.
Ah ok, so i should swap out Sanaki's Ignis with Chilling Wind. I'll have to sacrifice my Niles for it. Sorry Niles.

Edit: Even with Chilling Wind+an Attack+1 Seal, Sanaki falls just short of ORKO'ing Xander.

Second edit: I used on of my Gunters to give Klein Hone Attack+2 so Sanaki could get the boost along with Chilling Wind.......and she still can't do enough to ORKO him, which is dumb since he only has 18 Resistance compared to Sanaki's 58 Attack.
3rd edit: the Hone Attack wasn't applying because Sanaki was out of range. This whole battle is won on Sanaki ORKO'ing Xander, which she can't do. There's literally nothing i can do here. I'll just have to go for the 3-Star and grind him up to 5-Stars. Than God there's a Gauntlet soon.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Ok, the guy who asked me why I don't like Leo, it's for the same reason I like Peri. I.... I just like her personality, but I dislike his snob personality, so there is not much to say.... also, the "devil's lucky" thing, he does NOT say it only once or twice, he says it every damn time he appears on screen, and voiced to make it worse, and it's criiiiiiiiiiiiinge. But anyway.
ZephyrZ ZephyrZ you may have guessed it already, but I'm one person who added you on Heroes.
Now DAMN, that grand hero battle, the green mage was the bane of my existence, but I finally found a way to beat it.
Explanations are not my fuerte, so I did it again and recorded it:
Also, reep Armagon, I'm so sorry....

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So remember how there was some talk about how Celica was not the featured character in the Focus event after Alm's?

Well, it looks like Celica and some soldiers from her army will be in the next Focus update, because in today's day for the Fire Emblem omikuji event, it is possible to pull Celica, and through that, we have our first glimpse at her Heroes official art.

Here's when you pull her from the omikuji website. The quote in yellow will probably be one of her voiced dialogues in Heroes.

And here is better resolution of Celica's Heroes art.

EDIT: Welp, :4greninja:'d. This is awkward.

That's what happens when the thread decides to not give me notifications...

Last edited:
Top Bottom