• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
You know, I can't be the only one who got goosebumps when Corrin said "I choose to take on the legendary heroes of Smash!". He is basically acknowledging the honor of being in such a game which at this point has become a pantheon of video game legends, both big and small.
i had the same reaction!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
@NachoOfCheese Thanks for the share, we may not have an artistic sharing area but I'm sure we can appreciate your contribution.

Edit: Added it to the front under Hype Box. Happy Holidays

Last edited:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
You know, seeing all this Corrin and Fates talk is getting me interested for FE Fates. I'll give Corrin and Fates a try when they come out.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
What's the significance behind Niles? At least with Selena, it is still a reference to the moon.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait, Selena?

...At least with the likes of Mozu, Kaze, and Hana, we can just say those are just their nicknames.
Tsubaki becoming Subaki annoys me to no end, though.

Last edited:

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Niles just doesn't fit Zero at all imo. I really like Selena, but maybe that's because I honestly love the moon. But Niles leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
*ahem* I have to escape the Robin social for now since it's getting pretty hectic in there.

"Belka" ---> "Beruka"

Hooray for Engrish!
Seriously?!
"Tsubaki" --> "Subaki"

Hooray for English!\

EDIT: Really? Seriously?
SELENA?

THAT WAS HER ORIGINAL NAME IN JAPANESE
WHAT IS THE NEED TO CHANGE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE
I ALWAYS HATED CALLING HER SEVERA AND NOW THEY CHANGE IT BACK...IN HER "FAKE NAME" FORM
GOOD GRIEF LOCALIZATION THANKS FOR TREATING MY DAUGHTER WRONG

Last edited:

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
The localized names seem really off this time around, which is odd because Awakening's name changes were mostly fine.

Sorry Niles, you will forever be Zero to me. (Although I don't think 'Zero' had any symbolism in the Japanese version either)

'Corrin' however has admittedly grown on me.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda glad that they changed Zero's name.

Way too generic of a "cool character" name.
I'm sure it'll grow on me eventually like Corrin did. As a side note, TV Tropes provides this explanation for Niles' name:

Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 22.42.18.png

Which is uhhhh...

At least 'Niles' makes for better puns.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Happy Holidays, from everyone's favorite gold digging Axe Fighter.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
Anyone knows to who all those alternate color palletes refer to?
Corrin? I believe they all refer to characters in Fates. I know for sure the dark-haired one is of a mage character, Nyx. Feels like they threw darts at the characters when it came to picking the rest of the colors. I say that because there is absolutely none of that light purple-haired Corrin/Kamui going on here. No Camilla colors :(

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Okay, so I didn't include the video where those name changes were because I was in a hurry to leave my home to visit family in the city. Here it is. You can hear the English voices of Zero Nilas, Luna Severa Selena, Belka Beruka, Silas, Jakob, and Marth. It appears Yuri Lowenthal is reprising his role as Marth's English voice.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
Inigo Japanese name is Azur, it is also related to Lazward lets wait to see his English name
I also want to see children names specially Soleil

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all! I'm happy to be able to converse with you all about Corrin and FE in general! :)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I have literally just realised after thinking about it for 3 hours.

Zero

Nil
es

damn it
Okay, can I say that's a brilliant example of localization? They changed the name to something that better befits Western sensibilities while also maintaining the name's theme!

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Serious dilemma I'm having here guys.

I'm buying a Wii U and I seriously cannot decide between a 200$ Wii U or a 300$ Japanese Wii U.
Reasons: I want to hear Kamui instead of Corrin.
Yes I know, incredibly stupid reason to waste 100$ for something so insignificant.

Someone please convince me on which to buy before I explode.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Merry Christmas, citizens of Hoshido and Nohr! :D

Easily the most tragic name change for me is Joker > Jakob.

When the game comes out, I won't use any avatar customisation - just leave Corrin as Corrin. I'll leave the final judgement on who he'll marry come the game's release - but I feel it'll probably be Pieri or Velour in the Nohr path... Maybe try FemCorrin for the Hoshido version...

Also - this may seem like a strange possibility - but could FE: Fates eventually be updated to add Roy amiibo functionality?

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Merry Christmas, citizens of Hoshido and Nohr! :D

Easily the most tragic name change for me is Joker > Jakob.

When the game comes out, I won't use any avatar customisation - just leave Corrin as Corrin. I'll leave the final judgement on who he'll marry come the game's release - but I feel it'll probably be Pieri or Velour in the Nohr path... Maybe try FemCorrin for the Hoshido version...

Also - this may seem like a strange possibility - but could FE: Fates eventually be updated to add Roy amiibo functionality?
I hope so, Roy's amiibo looks badass. What would a Corrin amiibo do, I wonder? Unlock a alternate dimension, opposite gender Corrin for recruitment in your army? Actually, that could be fun.

Top Bottom