• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Quick question, for those of you who are planning to purchase Fates. Which one are you going for?

Birthright or Conquest.
Conquest. I just find the Nohr family more interesting and the difficulty might be right up my ally for that classic Fire Emblem experience. The special edition is pretty tempting, but I'd rather stay on a budget since Street Fighter V have my attention for now.

Which of you guys were Corrin supporters before Corrin was announced!
You bet I was!

You bet my sweet butt that I was a supporter. Even though I've started an Azura thread to compete with you, you arguably won this round for predicting that he/she would be chosen in the end.

But that still doesn't mean that I'll put Roy aside to main Corry. Seriously, you have no idea how much I love the way they took full advantage of his transformations for the entire moveset. He's definitely going to make up for the lack of Ridley after all.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Rewatched the Corrin thing and there really is only two tracks. :( Oh well...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
A huge Corrin fangirl here and I would like to say that I'm ecstatic to have him in Smash. Deep down, I had this feeling that he should be DLC now just to promote Fates and it really happened (Thank you Sakurai).

Coming from a Zamus main, this guy is indeed going to be my secondary main next to Ganondorf and Miss Fit. The dragon moves did a great job at fleshing out his playstyle and his model looks gorgeous (even the details like his feet look good in the artwork). Crickey, as if February can't hurry on up so that I can play Fates and download Corrin for Smash.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Just to say I ran the Anna support thread in the old character discussion board and currently own the new one in the social group~ ;3

You have good taste, Mr Doomfire. The finest.
Lmaooo I had no idea Smashboards had social groups and sheit but I found it

Bangirasu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Quimet87
3DS FC
4038-6572-1716
Maybe Corrin can become my Main. I'm fond o dragon knights and it will be fun to use the most recent battler against the classics.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
I preordered the Special Edition, so I plan on choosing my path at that chapter, as intended. Just the same, I'm leaning Nohr right now, just because I like the characters' designs better (sans Camilla) and because
Odin/Owain, Luna/Severa, and Lazward/Inigo. I don't like spoilers generally, but I was happy to find out that they're not just doppelgangers.
I suppose an initial affection towards Nohr is appropriate, though, since Corrin starts out as a loyal Nohr prince.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I preordered the Special Edition, so I plan on choosing my path at that chapter, as intended. Just the same, I'm leaning Nohr right now, just because I like the characters' designs better (sans Camilla) and because
Odin/Owain, Luna/Severa, and Lazward/Inigo. I don't like spoilers generally, but I was happy to find out that they're not just doppelgangers.
I suppose an initial affection towards Nohr is appropriate, though, since Corrin starts out as a loyal Nohr prince.
I'm going with Birthright first since Conquest doesn't have Setsuna and Oboro.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
I'm going with Birthright first since Conquest doesn't have Setsuna and Oboro.
I'm not familiar with the new characters (easier to avoid spoilers that way), and while I'll be pleased as punch to meet them, I am very much looking forward to some familiar faces, particularly since that rarely happens in FE.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
I'm going to get both of the Hoshido and Nohr ones (sorry i can never remember their proper names). I know I'm gonna be sharing these games with both of my brothers lol. Does the special edition come on one cartridge? If so, I might have to decide against getting it, even though the box and artbook are really nice. But having 2 separate cartridges makes sharing a lot easier.

a lot of my favourite characters are on Nohr so I think I'll enjoy that one more. They both look good though

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So this is the social thread for Chainsaword Dragon Lords.

Special Edition whenever that becomes available in Europe.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to get both of the Hoshido and Nohr ones (sorry i can never remember their proper names). I know I'm gonna be sharing these games with both of my brothers lol. Does the special edition come on one cartridge? If so, I might have to decide against getting it, even though the box and artbook are really nice. But having 2 separate cartridges makes sharing a lot easier.
I think it is on one cartridge. But it's cheaper to do all three in one or to buy one and download the other two. A separate cartridge for the second one will cost you an extra $20.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Hello everyone, just wanted to drop by and say how hyped I am for Corrin!

I know there's a lot of salt but it's good to see some positivity as well :) I'm a huge FE fan and I'm so happy to see the franchise that was near it's death come back to life. Love Corrin's design and his/her moveset looks very interesting. On a side note; it also means a lot to me that Nintendo added the first character that can be gay/bisexual in a first party nintendo game to Smash :D

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
I think it is on one cartridge. But it's cheaper to do all three in one or to buy one and download the other two. A separate cartridge for the second one will cost you an extra $20.
aw nooo...not more money v_v
well, i'll see once the special edition becomes available in Europe.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
This thread! :love:

I am with my brethren. Glad Corrin was the director's pick. According to his/her moveset, Corrin would probably make for an ideal teammate to have in For Fun/Team Battles with the synergy that could happen. If so, people would have to be irrational to deny Corrin's gameplay potential.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I thought Europeans got the Special Edition preorders on one of the websites once or was I thinking about Canada...

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I would find it very difficult to classify a Player Character as explicitly bisexual, unless the game gives you that option in a, well, "meaningful" way. Consider, you only romance one character: either someone who IS your character's gender, or someone is ISN'T. Unless perhaps you're leaving your options open in terms of who you romance and are looking at it from a bi perspective.

Although I don't plan on pursuing any same sex romances in Fates, so that perhaps is coloring my perspective. One, if children units are anything like what they are in awakening, I want them. And two, well, we won't get into two.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I just looked at Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem and am sad to see no grid-based gameplay. I really loved those grid-based turn-based strategy RPGs when I was young, not only FE but Tactics Ogre was great, FF Tactics, Front Mission, Vandal Hearts... I still have to try many others like Shining Force, The Banner Saga, Project X Zone, Gungnir, Luminous Arc. 'Been wanting to forever but life is short and all else is long (don't even want to think about Disgaea)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I would find it very difficult to classify a Player Character as explicitly bisexual, unless the game gives you that option in a, well, "meaningful" way. Consider, you only romance one character: either someone who IS your character's gender, or someone is ISN'T. Unless perhaps you're leaving your options open in terms of who you romance and are looking at it from a bi perspective.
I think calling Corrin bisexual is the most appropriate seeing as how they can romance atleast one person of both genders. That's like saying someone is no longer bisexual once they're married.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Well, just because you romance someone that's the same or opposite gender doesn't exactly mean that your sexuality is changed. The player character is given two options- just like a bisexual person. I think it's pretty safe to say Kamui is bisexual.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
The thing about Corrin, is that he/she can be whatever gender or sexuality you choose. It's not really explicit one way or another, it's just an extension of the character that you can choose and I think that's pretty awesome, for me it's pretty dope that I can play as a character who can actually be gay/bi in smash!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The thing about Corrin, is that he/she can be whatever gender or sexuality you choose. It's not really explicit one way or another, it's just an extension of the character that you can choose and I think that's pretty awesome, for me it's pretty dope that I can play as a character who can actually be gay/bi in smash!
I just wish you had more options for gay/lesbian relationship.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I think calling Corrin bisexual is the most appropriate seeing as how they can romance atleast one person of both genders. That's like saying someone is no longer bisexual once they're married.
Well, just because you romance someone that's the same or opposite gender doesn't exactly change your sexuality. The player character is given two options- just like a bisexual person. I think it's pretty safe to say Kamui is bisexual.
I think at the end of the day, it comes down to perception of the person behind the player character. I, as I said, am not planning on running the same-sex options. Therefore, I will tend to see Corrin as hetero. Someone who is going in with the plan of hitting up the same-sex option may only see their/that Corrin as Homo. As I see it, it all comes down to that perception.

And to avoid political pissing contests in our social thread, I am going to let it rest at that.

It's about the bottom line. There are still a lot of people who are not accepting of Same-sex marriage. They don't want to push it. Too much controversy or things like that will drive people away.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think at the end of the day, it comes down to perception of the person behind the player character. I, as I said, am not planning on running the same-sex options. Therefore, I will tend to see Corrin as hetero. Someone who is going in with the plan of hitting up the same-sex option may only see their/that Corrin as Homo. As I see it, it all comes down to that perception.

And to avoid political pissing contests in our social thread, I am going to let it rest at that.

It's about the bottom line. There are still a lot of people who are not accepting of Same-sex marriage. They don't want to push it. Too much controversy or things like that will drive people away.
Yes because on top of adding gay romancing in Fire Emblem a rep from Nintendo will come to your house with a gun and force you to marry your avatar to a character of the same gender, innit.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Double Post
I love Zero (he's crazy but he's a good guy with a good heart, who unfortunately went through some messed up stuff) and Shara is meh, I think in the next FE game we'll get more. This is Nintendo's first time actually acknowledging same sex romance and it's not something shown too often in the mainstream in Japan, so it's probably a new thing for the company. I'm just glad they added it point blank, it's a huge step forward, and I think that we'll get more options in the next installment. That said, Silias and Azura would've also made sense as same sex romance options as well!

I definitely agree with the first half of your quote and it's what I said before, Corrin is whatever you want him/her to be and the fact that he/she can canonically be gay/bi is a big deal to me and to have that in smash is also awesome :D

Regarding the second half of your post; I'll cut them slack because it's a new thing for them and they might be afraid of some controversy, but at the same time they shouldn't refrain from expanding on this optional feature just because homophobes are uncomfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Smash Champion
y'know the wait til February might be just a little hard.....wish we were getting Corrin (and Bayonetta) like tomorrow instead of months from now

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
y'know the wait til February might be just a little hard.....wish we were getting Corrin (and Bayonetta) like tomorrow instead of months from now
It'll be here before you know it.

The best way I've found to deal with waits like this is to, in all honesty and simplicity, don't think about it. Find something to distract you from the wait and do it. Find an old (or new!) game to play, read a book, whatever. All you need is a good distraction or two.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I knoooooow....

I was all ready for another blowout like in June, so I was a little taken aback when Corrin and Bayo were coming in February. (Jeez, that sounds so entitled. I promise I was just surprised!) So it's going to be a hard wait, but at least we have two incredibly unique characters coming. And one I'm actually looking forward to getting seriously into the meta for. Especially now that we finally have our finished roster!

...Any word on Female Corrin :4corrin: things? Or her render in our posts for Premium? We have it, so that'd be amazing. :love:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I had to wait three weeks for Cloud, and now I have to wait two months for Corrin.

I can do this...

Top Bottom