• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
General Discussion for Corrin! A hero with the divine dragon blood faced with difficult choices to path his/her own fate. I'm extremely happy with their introduction to Sm4sh and look forward to working with other up and coming Corrin mains. Do note that in the event that a general compendium isn't made in the future, this thread will also serve to be an information bureau for all things Corrin.​

Hype Box:

Fan Created Remix!?
https://soundcloud.com/8crunch/lost-in-thoughts-all-alone-8bit
By @NachoOfCheese

Featured Informative Video:

Did You Know?
The different ways you can send Luma into Tumble Animation?

Player Of The Week:
-Feature Being Done Soon-

Other Links:
Corrin Video Archive:
http://smashboards.com/threads/tales-of-a-manakete-the-corrin-video-archives.430454/

General Q&A & General Discussion Thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/gameplay-q-a-and-general-discussion-thread.430034/

Tournament Results Thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/decisive-fates-corrin-tournament-results-thread.430443/

Last edited:

Jazzasaur

Smash Cadet
NNID
KingofSnorlax
3DS FC
1934-1786-2430
Really quite interested in Corrin being added, he / she looks really cool and unique. So I'm looking forward to trying Corrin once he's finally out. Loving the dragon-like moves during the reveal.

I've always been interested in fire emblem series, even having not played any as of yet, though fates is the one I'm going to begin with once it's in Europe. What better way to get to know the main protagonist by playing him in smash?

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Definitely felt like an odd choice / out of nowhere. (If they're promoting FE Fates, why not Splatoon, Xenoblade X, or even the new Star Fox game?)

That said, their playstyle looks the most interesting out of all the FE characters, and I like their design. Pretty psyched to try them out.

Edit: Also, I'm glad they edited out the difference in the female version's armor:

You can see they removed the stupid thigh gap and made her armor the same as the male's version:

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yeah patching up the armor was a welcome edition. I'm really curious to see how they handle it for the Stateside version of Fates.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
This was a very surprising addition - Congratulations to all Corrin supporters! Dragon Lunge looks really brutal, and has lots of mixup potential from what I'm seeing - And it seems I've more reason to hype for Fire Emblem Fates! Once again - Congratulations to all Corrin supporters!

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to him, although a large part of that is just the part of me that's waiting for Fates to come out. I hope his sword has no real importance to the plot, though. I've had a hard time avoiding spoilers in general, and I want to avoid any more, no matter how small.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
So, so, so looking forward to him as a secondary and Fates to come out, February cannot come sooner. It'll be even better if he can do well again against Sheik (or better yet, if February finally nerfs her), as she alone is basically the reason you don't see my current main :4megaman: much (I don't think he really has many bad MUs, but being trashed on by Sheik doesn't really help his viability).

Whether he does or not though, he definitely looks like the most appealing sword character coming out (aside from Pit) to me and I am definitely going to play him. Turning to a dragon like that is just awesome.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hi guys, you can expect to see me around here a lot, I will almost certainly be dual maining Robin + Corrin.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hi guys, you can expect to see me around here a lot, I will almost certainly be dual maining Robin + Corrin.
Awesome and thanks in advance! If there are any glaring issues with the thread title/ first post please feel free to say something.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
WHAT'S UP FRIENDS?! I absolutely had to stop by to show my support and excitement for Corrin!

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'll pocket Corrin. This gets me even more interested in Fates's release next year.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Corrin is definitely bringing something new to the fire emblem crew. Can't wait to play as them.. in.. February :ohwell:

Also is it just me or is Cam Clarke voicing male Corrin? :lol:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Awesome and thanks in advance! If there are any glaring issues with the thread title/ first post please feel free to say something.
I guess the main question is if you intend this thread to be a social thread or a discussion of the character/moveset/etc.

If it's the former, I would rename the thread to specifically include the word 'social'.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I can't wait to face rub kick everyone's booty as Corrin come February!

M@v

Subarashii!
Definitely giving Corrin a go. I planned on pre-ordering Fates anyway so I'm excited for this character too.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I guess the main question is if you intend this thread to be a social thread or a discussion of the character/moveset/etc.

If it's the former, I would rename the thread to specifically include the word 'social'.
Going the social thread route this time around so will change the title accordingly. Though I would certainly like to help or lead a meta or moveset discussion in the future...now would be incredibly tough.

Edit: Also making plans to scale down main image, would it be best to remove move section or do I have the go ahead to add to it?

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I would say it's probably smarter to separate the move data into its own thread for pre-release analysis. That way it can be closed when he/she officially releases.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I wish I could say I'm salty about Corrin taking the place of one of the characters I wanted, but...

He/She is a warrior with a chainsaw sword who can turn into a dragon at will. That's pretty sweet, I have to admit.
So yeah, I'll be buying them when they release, and I might maybe try to play them? I dunno, I'll have to see.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Danke

I would say it's probably smarter to separate the move data into its own thread for pre-release analysis. That way it can be closed when he/she officially releases.
Noted. I'll take the images and put them into a word doc. If anyone beats me to it I'll give them what I've got, but for now I'll make a rough draft and when finished will make it a separate thread. Thanks for the guidance.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
:4corrin:: Otherwise known as that feeling when you get something awesome you never would've even bothered asking for. Thanks for deciding on a concrete secondary for me, Sakurai.

Dat Camilla pink and purple alt though. Like the only complaint I had left about Robin was that her alts suck, and now F!Kamui comes along with this beauty. What a time to be alive.

Also excited to hear this. With you at the helm, we won't have to worry about Kamui's meta suffering from failure-to-launch syndrome. Looking forward to seeing what you can do. (:

Yes I'm going to keep calling her Kamui, Corrin isn't even half as cool of a name!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...I'm all about this. I was considering Corrin as a major contender for Smash 5, but this works great!

Probably the first time I'll say I'm switching mains to a DLC character, holy ****ing ****!

Benstartri

How do you work this thing?
NNID
Benstartri
3DS FC
2079-7560-2416
Switch FC
SW-4205-4368-3902
I honestly didn't even think of Corrin being a character, but i'm very excited to try him/her out. I like the things that look possible with Corrin. Definitely need to play FE Fates when it's released!

Burigu

Smash Ace
Put me in the Supporter List.... Wait it already happened, as I big Fire Emblem fan this is the most hyping DLC reveal for me, half of the world might not like it but Fire Emblem is a BIG series, I mean 14 games, it is funny how people still want to minimize the series while putting smaller series (by number of entries like Star Fox) on pedestals.

Can't wait to buy my 1st DLC character

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I plan on chain-swording everyone to death come February.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also excited to hear this. With you at the helm, we won't have to worry about Kamui's meta suffering from failure-to-launch syndrome. Looking forward to seeing what you can do. (:

Yes I'm going to keep calling her Kamui, Corrin isn't even half as cool of a name!
Dawww, you're too kind. <3

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Of all the things I expected from this smash direct, seeing Corrin in action wasn't one of them! It was a happy surprise and I'm sure looking forward to playing as him/her. :4corrin:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think this may be the first DLC character since Mewtwo I'm genuinely excited for. Really looking forward to Corrin's inclusion! I'd love to make him into a secondary, if I like how he plays.

Great to have you here, Raziek. Looking forward to seeing how you help shape Corrin's metagame. ;)

D

Deleted member

Inb4 this becomes the second home of like all the people in the Robin Social, lol.

[Insert Obligatory "I'll be keeping an eye on Kamui and her meta when she releases" Post Here]

I might finally play a character from my favorite franchise yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

No Fem!:4corrin: (currently) makes me :c though.

I got dibs on orange Fem!Kamui :p

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Robin social was fun, granted the fan art got really excessive though. If the Kamui/Corrin family is large I'm willing to deal with it. :'D

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What's cooler than a dragon-man warrior that can control water and fly?

A dragon-man warrior that can control water and fly with a friggin' demonic chainsaw sword!

Gonna be honest, while the character is hype as all hell, I don't think I will play them very much except for fun. I'm too dedicated to Pit to even consider switching or subbing other characters (except for trolling other players in bracket)~ ;3

That said, I do know somebody that's very excited about our new draconic overlord...~

@TimidKitsune129

:3

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Speaking of things, how do you all think Corrin look from a gameplay perspective, just judging by the trailers? Think all the tools he/she has will make him/her a competitively viable character?

Top Bottom