• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Astellius

Smash Ace
I did four summoning sets, as I was really hoping to get Ninian. And guess what?! I didn't get her! No surprise there. I did manage to pull a 5-star Rebecca, a 5-star Merric, and a 4-star Marth & Klein. I decided to upgrade Sharena to 5-stars, so now I'm up to five 5-stars. Yes!

Also, no more daily orb login bonus... No!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Finished that Blazing Blade paralogue that came out recently on both normal and hard, bringing the number of orbs I have to the big 1 and two 0s, enough for 5 summoning sets. However, I'll still hold on to those for the time being.

Instead, I threw away $13 for those 20 orbs and did another summoning, which three of them I get are characters I already have but that's no surprise. I did get a 3-star Cherche and a 4-star Selena, which is still something.

Hoping to get Ninian, Rebecca and Jaffar but there are no guarantees, of course.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Gawds, please let support convos be in Echoes. Shadow Dragon was so boring without them, I had no incentive to care if anyone lived or died.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Also, no more daily orb login bonus... No!
We got daily and monthy quests now. The monthly quests deliver 3 orbs, and are pretty simple, except for the last three or so.
The daily rewards 2x 100 feathers, and an orb, which I find pretty neat actually, considering we get orbs and feathers from events any arena anyways time to time.

Finished that Blazing Blade paralogue that came out recently on both normal and hard, bringing the number of orbs I have to the big 1 and two 0s, enough for 5 summoning sets. However, I'll still hold on to those for the time being.

Instead, I threw away $13 for those 20 orbs and did another summoning, which three of them I get are characters I already have but that's no surprise. I did get a 3-star Cherche and a 4-star Selena, which is still something.

Hoping to get Ninian, Rebecca and Jaffar but there are no guarantees, of course.
Even "useless" units, will be now -very- valuable, considering that you now can inherit skills, with only minor restrictions.
Always wanted Nowi with swordbreaker, or lynn with vantage?
Effie with brave-lance, and hector with pivot. Healer with wings of mercy... so many good combinations.

I myself am building a cavalry team, since the search for ninian slapped me into the face with a leo.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The Echoes news keeps coming in! We've got more official art for characters, old and new, as well as their descriptions. First up, here are some of Alm's allies.

A childhood friend of Alm’s who lives in Ram Village. Has an aloof personality. Since he was born in a merchant family he’s chatty and well informed. Along with Alm, he joined the Deliverance. Starting Class: Villager.

A childhood friend of Alm’s who lives in Ram Village. He’s the eldest son of a big family and fights for the Deliverance to earn money. He’s straightforward, simple and serious, but terrible at reading the mood. Starting Class: Villager

A childhood friend of Alm’s who lives in Ram Village. Loves reading books and studying history, and acts surprisingly maturely for his age. Because he was interested in seeing the world, he joined the Deliverance. Starting Class: Villager

Introducing Faye, a new character for Echoes. She's known as Effie in the Japanese version of the game. A childhood friend of Alm’s who lives in Ram Village. Has admired Alm ever since childhood. She joined the Deliverance to keep close to Alm. Starting Class: Villager. Oh and that thing about admiring Alm since childhood and joining the Deliverance to keep close to him.....yeah, she's gonna be the Catria of this game, isn't she?

A member of the Deliverance, a young man from the middle nobility. He’s polite to everyone and anybody he meets. He invited Alm and the others to join the Deliverance. Starting Class: Soldier.

A wandering Cleric. Alm rescued her when she was captured by thieves. After that, she entrusted Alm with her treasured Mila’s Gear and accompanied him in battle. Starting Class: Cleric

Leader of the Deliverance, a young man hailing from the upper nobility. Once a knight of the Zofian Order, but in response to Desaix’s rebellion he created the Deliverance. Starting Class: Cavalier. Also, he has a sister named Clair, who's a Pegasus Knight. Interesting how they reveal him first since you get Clair before him.

And now, time for some of Celica's allies.

A mage who works at the Novis Monastery. Her role is Celica’s servant, but the two are also close friends. She accompanies Celica on her journey towards the Mila Temple. Starting Class: Mage

A mage who works at the Novis Monastery. He serves Celica together with his childhood friend Mae. He accompanies Celica on her journey towards the Mila Temple. Starting Class: Mage

A cleric who lives in Novis Monastery. She’s like a little sister to Celica. She accompanies Celica on her journey towards the Mila Temple. Starting Class: Cleric.

Once a soldier from the Rigelian Empire, now a mercenary hanging around Novis. He becomes Celica’s trusty sword in exchange for gold. Starting Class: Mercenary.

An ex-soldier who seeks revenge on Dach, the pirate who murdered his family. He joined Celica to exact his vengeance. Headstrong and always trying to help people with nary a regard of the consequences. Starting Class: Knight

A pretty boy ex-soldier who follows his big brother figure Valbar. Has a frank personality and a sharp tongue, but he’s an honest man who tells no lies. Starting Class: Archer

A mercenary from a distant nation. He was hired by Valbar for the purpose of revenge. Has a carefree and easy-going personality. A freedom-loving drifter who hates being tied down. Starting Class: Mercenary.

And there's one more new character. As of right now, he's an enemy but we don't know yet if he will be recruitable or not.

The Rigelian Emperor’s nephew, an advocate of the nobility who prizes his social standing. He convinced Desaix to turn traitor and instigate the Zofian coup d’etat. He’s vying to be the next emperor and commands the invasion of Zofia to prove his military prowess.

And now, for a major new gameplay element: Mila's Gear. You recieve this after rescuing Silque in Ch.1 What Mila's Gear does is that it allows you to rewind time for one unit. Lose someone to an enemy (or bad RNG luck)? Rewind time and try again. Obviously, this mechanic can't be abused. While the full limits aren't unknown, it's speculated that it can be used 3 times and that there may be a cooldown each time you use it. Mila's Gear will definitely be useful in tough situations.

Now, we all know that the Weapon Triangle is temporarily gone. Because of this, terrain effects are really important. For example, forest spaces grant 40 Avoid. 40. Desert spaces also gave big bonuses (which is both a good and bad thing because Ch.3 Celica's Route consists of mostly pure desert). And this is where Mages come in. Don't think about benching them because of the HP Magic Cost. Because in this game, Magic completely ignores terrain bonuses.

Also, Amiibo

And now, one last thing: the new timeline of Valentia. This timeline leads up all the way to the start of the game.
Approximately 3000 years before the story

At the land of Valentia, the sibling gods Duma and Mila went to war. At the end of an arduous battle, Duma and Mila divided Valentia into two, the north ruled by Duma and the south ruled by Mila, with the two declaring to never invade the other. This was the covenant of the gods.

Year 1: A sage with knowledge of the celestial bodies’ motions introduced the notion of a calendar system to Mila, who acknowledged it. This year was chosen as the first year of the Valentia Calendar.

Year 189: The Rigelian Empire was established in the northern region ruled by Duma and the Kingdom of Zofia was built on the southern lands ruled by Mila.

Year 374: The young Rudolf was appointed as the successor of the Rigelian Empire’s Emperor Rigel III. He ascended as Emperor Rudolf I.

Year 384: King Lima III of Zofia perished. Although his eldest son Lima IV was crowned, he had little interest in politics and the villainous Dozer secured the position of Chancellor.

Year 398: Poor harvests caused the food-stocks of the Rigelian Empire to run dry. Rigel’s request for assistance from Zofia were met with rejection. Rudolf I himself led the troops to invade Zofia. Rigel and Zofia entered all-out war.

Year 399: The inexperienced Zofian army were repeatedly defeated by the overwhelming Rigelian forces and Rigel steadily crept into Zofian territory. Desaix managed to contact the upper echelon of the Rigelian Army and negotiated a cease-fire in exchange for a large compensatory sum of gold. The Rigelian Army remained garrisoned in Northern Zofia and tensions continued to grow.

Year 400: Desaix triggered a coup d’etat, and the Zofian royal family including Lima IV were assassinated one after the other. The Deliverance was established by the Zofian nobility who opposed Desaix, with Clive as its leader.

So, what are your thoughts on all of this? Has your hype for Echoes increased? I know it has for me. Especially after hearing the new version of "With Mila's Divine Protection", a song made famous thanks to Smash. You can listen to it here:

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
Could Corrin players here please inform me. How many frames does it take for Corrin to be able to act from the time Corrin is pinned in the ground to the time Corrin can throw out a forward or back DLK? Kuroganehammer says the move comes out on F10 forward and F6 backwards, but testing in game seems to take longer? Is there a duration where you cannot act after pin?

Nah

Smash Champion
Could Corrin players here please inform me. How many frames does it take for Corrin to be able to act from the time Corrin is pinned in the ground to the time Corrin can throw out a forward or back DLK? Kuroganehammer says the move comes out on F10 forward and F6 backwards, but testing in game seems to take longer? Is there a duration where you cannot act after pin?
The frame 10 and the frame 6 is probably just how long it takes for the hitbox to come out once you're able to input a kick. That's probably why it seems to be a bit longer.

I unfortunately don't know how many frames it is before you can act again once pinning the ground/a character though.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Well, inherit is quite fun. I slapped a bunch of stuff onto my roy, and made him semi-viable.

And I pulled a takumi. Still no sight of Ninian...

Edit: What do corrin players feel like the new version of smash for the switch should change?

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Well, inherit is quite fun. I slapped a bunch of stuff onto my roy, and made him semi-viable.

And I pulled a takumi. Still no sight of Ninian...

Edit: What do corrin players feel like the new version of smash for the switch should change?
It should have 100% more Wolf and Ice Climbers. Aside from that I'm good, guess they could make Classic less of a pain, and Smash Tour.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
All I want is a female Kamui amiibo and we''re all fine.
Actually, also, fix her model.... it's LITERALLY a bug that her Smash model is a not 1:1 replica of her game and it bugs me (I'm talking about the tights, if you're wondering).
Oh, and one last thing....
I am legitimately pissed by this. After all the orbs I spent for SO long getting fed up with the countless Donnels and other repeated blue units and more unbelievable countless Donnels to FINALLY get a 3* Kamui, they pull that on me like one week later.
It's also the FIRST time they ever gave a character as login bonus, completely taking me by surprise.... it's unbelievable (-‸ლ)
At least when I get my free Ryoma or Hector after spending a hundred orbs to finally get 'em through gacha, they will be 5*, so will at least have some use as sacrifices, right?
Anyway, I am also not buying into the skill passing thing....
I still want that amiibo though, Sakurai, xoxoxo

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I actually kind of like her better with the tights/without the thigh gap

tho really I wish that Corrin wore shoes

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

Shhhh. You'll offend those people that like feet.

Anyway, I am also not buying into the skill passing thing....
It's pretty simple tho, after you got through the initial confusion.
Nowi with swordbreaker is just too bittersweet for me. Never felt so happy about the game as right now.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

I like her whatever way she is in the source game, it really bugs me when a character that is trying to be as closed as possible to her source.... is not. Since Kamui is probably my secondary, it ends up really "affecting" me. ZSS on the other hand, is not trying to be as close as possible, she is just based on Other M.... which I am glad of, Other M sucks along with their character designs.
I know it's all nitpicking, but I am that guy who never ever picks alt costumes unless it's still a canon costume, so you can get where I'm coming from.
It's pretty simple tho, after you got through the initial confusion.
Nowi with swordbreaker is just too bittersweet for me. Never felt so happy about the game as right now.
I don't like the whole idea behind skill "sharing"....
When I thought it would work more like the "merge allies", where you just sacrifice a lesser version of the character you wanna pass the skills on, to just like unify their skills in one character, I was more than ok with it, what I don't want is to give my characters skills that don't belong to them, which other people are already doing to create op monsters, so that is going to be a problem.
I am a really "keep true to your identity" kind of guy, at least with game characters.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
When I thought it would work more like the "merge allies", where you just sacrifice a lesser version of the character you wanna pass the skills on, to just like unify their skills in one character, I was more than ok with it, what I don't want is to give my characters skills that don't belong to them, which other people are already doing to create op monsters, so that is going to be a problem.
I am a really "keep true to your identity" kind of guy, at least with game characters.
I can understand you, but honestly. All I see, are people using unused unviable character, and making them viable.
Selena in arena did destroyed my team. Had even swordbreaker to disable lyn's greatest merit, being able to double them all.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
.... am I the only one who prefers he-Corrin? No homo.
You're not the only one here. I've always preferred male Corrin simply because I'm a guy.

It feels like everyone has fallen for female Corrin for the wrong dumbass reasons. Feet fetishing is perhaps the main one.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Inherit Skill is all fun and games, until you find yourself fighting a Lv.40 Takumi with Close Counter and Vantage 3.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Inherit Skill is all fun and games, until you find yourself fighting a Lv.40 Takumi with Close Counter and Vantage 3.
Thats more of the tame things I've encountered.

Robin, with triangle adept.
He gets the bonus also for his colourless advantage.
Then blue tomebreaker, to kill linde.
And laughing at red units in general.

Or hey. Nowi with swordbreaker is fun too. Or desperation, quick riposte... so many skills that deal with takumi, before he -can- even retaliate. Nino, tharja, heck, even odin gets used. Dragonteams that slaughter even falchion users. It's frightening how many good combinations came out in the span of two days.

Brave axe, on my 50 attack cherche. She can even be built to be a flying hector if you really want to.

Vantage only works at 75% or lower, so the KI should be fairly easy to deal with.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Maybe they could finally hit Mario or Cloud with some kind of meaningful nerfs. Those illicit a groan from me whenever I see them in the matchup screen.

All I want is a female Kamui amiibo and we''re all fine.
Actually, also, fix her model.... it's LITERALLY a bug that her Smash model is a not 1:1 replica of her game and it bugs me (I'm talking about the tights, if you're wondering)
Wait, it's a bug? I thought they just did that because it would be 'inappropriate'. As for the amiibo, well, we might get one soon. The CPSIAs for four Smash amiibo have recently been listed. Three, obviously, are the holy trinity, but number four is probably either a new character from a hypothetical Switch port, or an existing character in a new costume.

You're not the only one here. I've always preferred male Corrin simply because I'm a guy.

It feels like everyone has fallen for female Corrin for the wrong ******* reasons. Feet fetishing is perhaps the main one.
I like Male Corrin's costume colors better, but I hate his hairstyle, voice (though I love Cam Clarke), and wuss-ish personality. Female Corrin has the superior design, voice, and aggressive personality (more fitting for a fighting game), IMO.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

It feels like everyone has fallen for female Corrin for the wrong ******* reasons. Feet fetishing is perhaps the main one.
About that, I can't get myself to like male corrin. It's not like I don't want to play a protagonist I can identify myself with, but jesus.
Male corrins design just doesn't sit with me at all. I'd rather have frederick as protagonist, than him.
Thats my reason for picking fem corrin. Also because she's super pretty, and 'waifu' material so to say.

Not as if she'd ever triumph over good old Lynn... but I digress.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Just be glad Corrin has feet at all...

Just curious, what are those wrong reasons? I'm not a big fan of feet, which probably explains why I liked Awakening. I would probably play as male Corrin sometimes if he wasn't so terribly corny, and if his hair wasn't so terribly ridiculous. He also has feet, ugh.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I actually like male Corrin's design. When I first saw him in the Direct, my first impression was "spoiled brat prince + extra snark." He turned out to be a very different character than what I expected, but I can still get behind him. Honestly, they're both the same character to me; I only prefer he-Corrin because I'm a dude. Let's not forget that she-Corrin and he-Corrin's have nearly identical dialogue in-game. This essentially means that Nintendo changed Female Corrin from... well, Corrin, to "GRRR! I'M TOUGH, AND THEREFORE WELL-WRITTEN!!!" in Smash. Honestly, I find Nintendo's desperation to make a female character seem stronger than she really is kind of disgusting. I acknowledge that male-Corrin comes off as a weak character, but to say that male Corrin is a more weakly-written character than female Corrin is essentially to say the standard for "strong female" is MUCH lower than the standards for a strong male. Maybe that's true; I only wanted to point this out to burn the feminists. :troll:

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I actually like male Corrin's design. When I first saw him in the Direct, my first impression was "spoiled brat prince + extra snark." He turned out to be a very different character than what I expected, but I can still get behind him. Honestly, they're both the same character to me; I only prefer he-Corrin because I'm a dude. Let's not forget that she-Corrin and he-Corrin's have nearly identical dialogue in-game. This essentially means that Nintendo changed Female Corrin from... well, Corrin, to "GRRR! I'M TOUGH, AND THEREFORE WELL-WRITTEN!!!" in Smash. Honestly, I find Nintendo's desperation to make a female character seem stronger than she really is kind of disgusting. I acknowledge that male-Corrin comes off as a weak character, but to say that male Corrin is a more weakly-written character than female Corrin is essentially to say the standard for "strong female" is MUCH lower than the standards for a strong male. Maybe that's true; I only wanted to point this out to burn the feminists. :troll:
I dunno. Female robin for excample was always a bit more agressive than male robin. In a good and not forced way.

Support dialogue with fem corrin abusing her butler, or having this teary eye moment when
Ryoma dies
in nhor path kinda makes me feel more leaned towards the female corrin.

I mean, it's easy to yell they just made him/her like that because feminism.
Fem corrin was just honestly... cooler all the way through, support conversations and all in my Nhor playthrough.
Still chose male corrin in neutral, because... marring or romancing a male is not -that- much fun, as it were in awakening.
With the whole staring into their face everytime in mycastle...

Edit: Also, refusing to play females, just cause you are not female yourself... well, I am confident enough in my sexuality, to just choose what I like, not what I am.
But there always are some obsessive odd-balls, I agree.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't see nothing wrong with male Corrin at all except a bad hairdo and the "spoiled brat" thing he has in Smash, which I do find annoying as hell. Other than those, male Corrin is far superior than his female counterpart.

I have my reasons for my many dislikes toward female Corrin and I'm not gonna explain why out of concern that I might touch a sensitive nerve around here. So I'll just leave it there.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Honestly, I find Nintendo's desperation to make a female character seem stronger than she really is kind of disgusting.
Bruh, what are you even talking about? Nintendo INVENTED the strong female video game character :4samus:. (Course they killed it with Other M, but that's neither here nor there.)

And I don't think anyone is talking about writing, here. This is Smash, characters aren't really written and have very few actual lines. I just find FemCorrin's more aggressive lines to be a better fit for a game about beating people up for no reason.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

Female Kamui is both prettier and cooler than male Kamui.... long hair makes any character look cooler in my opinion, so we have long hair in one side, and then we have M.Kamui's hair....
Also, I hate the name "Corrin".... I don't know where they even took that thing from, but I hate that they changed a name as cool as "Kamui" to that.
I like to portray the characters themselves in games, not to portray myself, that is why I use default appearance and stuff, and default name (KAMUI!!!), etcetera.
Also his personality being more lame.
AND I tend to like female characters better just like, you know, I usually like females better in general.
So yeah, from design to absolutely everything else, I have no reason to like M.Kamui more.
Wait, it's a bug? I thought they just did that because it would be 'inappropriate'.
Oh yeah, I forgot to address that. It was intended for whatever reason, but it is something that is wrong in the game, so it's a bug in my eyes.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Thats more of the tame things I've encountered.

Robin, with triangle adept.
He gets the bonus also for his colourless advantage.
Then blue tomebreaker, to kill linde.
And laughing at red units in general.

Or hey. Nowi with swordbreaker is fun too. Or desperation, quick riposte... so many skills that deal with takumi, before he -can- even retaliate. Nino, tharja, heck, even odin gets used. Dragonteams that slaughter even falchion users. It's frightening how many good combinations came out in the span of two days.

Brave axe, on my 50 attack cherche. She can even be built to be a flying hector if you really want to.

Vantage only works at 75% or lower, so the KI should be fairly easy to deal with.
I understood 0% of that. I'm not into the compettive side of this game because viable teams are decided by how lucky you are with Summons. My strongest unit is a Lv.40 Sanaki with 53 attack, Triangle Adept 3, Ignis, and i'm working towards her getting Defense+3.

Female Kamui is both prettier and cooler than male Kamui.... long hair makes any character look cooler in my opinion, so we have long hair in one side, and then we have M.Kamui's hair....
Also, I hate the name "Corrin".... I don't know where they even took that thing from, but I hate that they changed a name as cool as "Kamui" to that.
I like to portray the characters themselves in games, not to portray myself, that is why I use default appearance and stuff, and default name (KAMUI!!!), etcetera.
Also his personality being more lame.
AND I tend to like female characters better just like, you know, I usually like females better in general.
So yeah, from design to absolutely everything else, I have no reason to like M.Kamui more.
Well, i suggest you start calling him/her Corrin. Because Echoes has a character named Kamui in the English version and when people hear the name Kamui after Echoes comes out, they are gonna think about the character from Echoes and not Corrin. So yeah, after Echoes comes out, don't confuse people by calling Corrin "Kamui".

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Well, i suggest you start calling him/her Corrin. Because Echoes has a character named Kamui in the English version and when people hear the name Kamui after Echoes comes out, they are gonna think about the character from Echoes and not Corrin. So yeah, after Echoes comes out, don't confuse people by calling Corrin "Kamui".
It is not the first character with repeated name in the series, though.
I will be calling her "Fates Avatar" before I start calling her Corrin lol
Seriously, though, wtf is that name?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
"Corrin" is a rather...unimaginative name, to say the least. Whoever came up with that **** wasn't being very creative at all. It's no wonder why all this "corn" nonsense became a thing.

But I'm not very fond of the name "Kamui" either. Sounds like the stage name of a male stripper.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
You could just do what I do, refer to male Corrin as Corn and female Corrin as Corinne :denzel:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It is not the first character with repeated name in the series, though.
I will be calling her "Fates Avatar" before I start calling her Corrin lol
Seriously, though, wtf is that name?
Corrin isn't that bad of a name tho. I'm 99% sure that the only reason people think (or thought, because most have moved on from this) is because they got spoiled by the fan-translation that came out 6 months before the American release. So then people got upset that the official localization wasn't exactly the same as the fan-translation, therefore, the official localization is bad. But again, most people have moved on from this.

Corrin" is a rather...unimaginative name, to say the least.
To be fair, this can also apply to Sigurd, Roy, Hector, and Erikia. Especially Erikia, since it's pronnounced exactly the same as Erica.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Bruh, what are you even talking about? Nintendo INVENTED the strong female video game character :4samus:. (Course they killed it with Other M, but that's neither here nor there.)

And I don't think anyone is talking about writing, here. This is Smash, characters aren't really written and have very few actual lines. I just find FemCorrin's more aggressive lines to be a better fit for a game about beating people up for no reason.
I actually couldn't agree more with those points. You misunderstand; what I mean to say is that she-Corrin was never really all that aggressive in FE:Fates (although both Corrins certainly could be in some situations), and is therefore misportrayed in Smash. Samus in Smash (taking ZSS's lines into consideration) is a reflection of Samus's character. She-Corrin in Smash is in NO WAY a reflection of her character. I can understand why somebody would prefer "LET'S DO THIS!" to "my path is clear," but the nature of the decision to give female Corrin the more aggressive taunts (and lines) gets me. Why is it that she-Corrin was given such taunts, while he-Corrin was given more generic ones? The answer is that Nintendo is trying to push the idea that it has a cast of strong female characters in Smash, which is fine except for the fact that they're willing to bend a character's personality to make it so. So in the end, it's a sex thing. Honestly, I'm fine with strong females, but in this situation it just feels forced. I'd take a well written (or more accurately portrayed, in this case) women over a tough one any day, as much as I love hearing she-Corrin go "LET'S DO THIS!"

That's not really why I don't like playing as female Corrin, though; I was just making an observation. All things considered, the reason I prefer he-Corrin is because I'm a guy.

Fem corrin was just honestly... cooler all the way through, support conversations and all in my Nhor playthrough.
I get where you're coming from, but I don't think those are strong enough points to argue that she-Corrin is all that different from he-Corrin. In the end, I'd say both her and he-Corrin are just Corrin. Let's just put it this way: if Sakurai decided to give her a taunt that leans a little more towards the "grrrrrr" side than the male equivalent, I'd have been fine with it. Instead, however, he decided to push a single element of her personality over the brim to the degree where, to me, she's just not the same anymore. Maybe I'm overreacting just a little; if you think she's fine that way, then I'll let you have that. Like I said before, if Sakurai wants to push the strong female characters, that's fine, but attempting to shove every single female character in the same box, labeled "we're all tough" rather than "we're all unique in our own way," is in my opinion slightly degrading to them. Female Corrin shouldn't belong in the former box. The irony of that is that some people see that as feminism. I call that sexism.

Don't get me wrong; most female characters in Smash seem to be in line with their characters, but female Corrin being the way she is still bothers me nonetheless. Of course, it doesn't seem to bother anyone else here, so I'll just shut up now.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I actually couldn't agree more with those points. You misunderstand; what I mean to say is that she-Corrin was never really all that aggressive in FE:Fates (although both Corrins certainly could be in some situations), and is therefore misportrayed in Smash. Samus in Smash (taking ZSS's lines into consideration) is a reflection of Samus's character. She-Corrin in Smash is in NO WAY a reflection of her character. I can understand why somebody would prefer "LET'S DO THIS!" to "my path is clear," but the nature of the decision to give female Corrin the more aggressive taunts (and lines) gets me. Why is it that she-Corrin was given such taunts, while he-Corrin was given more generic ones? The answer is that Nintendo is trying to push the idea that it has a cast of strong female characters in Smash, which is fine except for the fact that they're willing to bend a character's personality to make it so. So in the end, it's a sex thing. Honestly, I'm fine with strong females, but in this situation it just feels forced. I'd take a well written (or more accurately portrayed, in this case) women over a tough one any day, as much as I love hearing she-Corrin go "LET'S DO THIS!"

That's not really why I don't like playing as female Corrin, though; I was just making an observation. All things considered, the reason I prefer he-Corrin is because I'm a guy.
Well, I think you're just looking too much into it. I'm pretty sure the only reason they gave her the more aggressive personality is because FemCorrin is more associated with Nohr (the more aggressive, warlike nation), and DudeCorrin is associated more with Hoshido (the more passive, warm nation). She's on the cover of Conquest, he's on the cover of Birthright. I could be completely off the mark, but I'm pretty sure it's just as simple as that.

Now, in Fates, of course, Corrin, in either sex, isn't very aggressive. Corrin, honestly doesn't really have much of a personality, kind of a new-age Marth, I guess because the player is supposed to project their own onto them. But then again, Roy isn't a hotblooded madman in Binding Blade, either, he's actually rather levelheaded, much like his father.

Corrin's entire reason for being in Smash is to advertise Fates. I wouldn't be surprised if the two genders having different personalities was meant to advertise the whole, 'two versions' thing.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
The answer is that Nintendo is trying to push the idea that it has a cast of strong female characters in Smash
Except the male is still the standard "color" in everything but Wii Fit Trainer, which includes Kamui in that list; and therefore we still only have amiibos of the males too.
Also, Pikachu is only male since the stupid retcon with its tail in gen 4....

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Thats quite many points here.

Corrin isn't that bad of a name tho. .
Agreed. Corrin is mostly silly, because as you said, most people already got familiar with kamui, and kamui already was an established name in japanese animes/ect. So it simply sounds more familiar to people, who go through the trouble of fan translations, since... you know. These tend to be also liking anime aswell.

On the other hand, corrin gets bad rep from its name, as it's linked to 'corrin in the house' and the like, making it sound rather weird.

If we look at it like that, who would name anyone Samus and Batman? The names sound very childish and silly looked objectively, but in context, reminding us of their origins, they are -made- cool.

Well, I think you're just looking too much into it. I'm pretty sure the only reason they gave her the more aggressive personality is because FemCorrin is more associated with Nohr (the more aggressive, warlike nation), and DudeCorrin is associated more with Hoshido (the more passive, warm nation). She's on the cover of Conquest, he's on the cover of Birthright. I could be completely off the mark, but I'm pretty sure it's just as simple as that.
Quite a good reason. But... never forget the heels ZZS gets to wear. The whole topic of "what a game should protrait their characters" is so vague and can't be clearly won, since everyone can interpret things that are and aren't there.

Similar to how art interpret colours as emotions, and not only as "this looks pretty". It can be discussed, but it doesn't mean it was intended. And with modding in Smash4, I doubt anyone is really 'forced' to anything by now.

I don't see nothing wrong with male Corrin at all except a bad hairdo and the "spoiled brat" thing he has in Smash, which I do find annoying as hell. Other than those, male Corrin is far superior than his female counterpart.

I have my reasons for my many dislikes toward female Corrin and I'm not gonna explain why out of concern that I might touch a sensitive nerve around here. So I'll just leave it there.
Thats like, your opinion. I just justified my own opinion with reasons one can get behind. It's not like there is a wrong choice of your character. Nobody's "wrong" for choosing what they like.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
But then again, Roy isn't a hotblooded madman in Binding Blade, either, he's actually rather levelheaded, much like his father.
Well, in Roy's case, it was kinda different. Him being hotblooded in Smash was more of just how the fanbase saw him as, since Binding Blade wasn't even out when Melee was released. Meanwhile, Fates had been out in Japan when Corrin was released in Smash but i don't know how he was portrayed in the Japanese version of Smash 4.

Also, Pikachu is only male since the stupid retcon with its tail in gen 4....
I'm going to pretend that you didn't just make a complaint about something as insignificant as that.

On the other hand, corrin gets bad rep from its name, as it's linked to 'corrin in the house' and the like, making it sound rather weird.
Wait, "Corrin in the House" gave the name "Corrin" a bad rep? I thought people were with that meme, for one the one month it lasted.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Wait, "Corrin in the House" gave the name "Corrin" a bad rep? I thought people were with that meme, for one the one month it lasted.
Bad rep, as in "silly" and not "cool".
While I can laugh about myself, and enjoy some fun, there are people who really get upset, when you poke fun of something like that. One of our locals, a corrin fanatic gets quite a bit angered if one brings up the meme. Even renamed his male Corrin to Kamui.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, so i found these FE Heroes videos that i want to share

And aside from that, some more songs from FE Echoes were released but the one i want you guys to hear i the village theme
I didn't know villages could get so intense.

The Echoes soundtrack is taking all the songs from Gaiden and turning them into masterpieces. So i can't wait to hear what Echoes' version of the final map theme will sound like. The original was amazing. You can listen to it here

Bad rep, as in "silly" and not "cool".
While I can laugh about myself, and enjoy some fun, there are people who really get upset, when you poke fun of something like that. One of our locals, a corrin fanatic gets quite a bit angered if one brings up the meme. Even renamed his male Corrin to Kamui.
Huh. I didn't think people would actually get that upset about it.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I'm looking at that Smash Switch speculation section and it's like 95% character support threads

and I'm just like "aw, all these people setting themselves up for disappointment, and then rage over whatever newcomer(s) 'stole' their character's spot lol"

Huh. I didn't think people would actually get that upset about it.
You will find that people will get upset or mad over anything

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I'm going to pretend that you didn't just make a complaint about something as insignificant as that.
What complaint? That retcon is really stupid, but what complaint? The point is that there is no desperate rush from Nintendo trying to make great females in Smash.... Sakurai couldn't even make an alt with a different tail in order to have Pikachu on both genders.... you know, that would be "progressive"....
Every female other than WFT is nothing but an alt, while Pikachu could, but doesn't even have a female alt, so that nullifies "Nintendo is pushing a strong cast of females" pretty well....
They are just putting females in the game. That is all.

Top Bottom