• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin Kill %'s

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
I thought I would jump on here and post the kill %s for Corrin's average kill moves (and some less common ones) for the median weight, heaviest, and lightest characters. I should note that these are without rage or DI and from the middle of FD.

Updated for patch 1.1.5

Kill Move | Pit | Bowser | Jigglypuff
Forward smash (Tip/Base) | 100%/165% | 117%/176% | 85%/130%
Down smash, Back (Tip/Base) | 100%/157% | 116%/179% | 85%/135%
Down smash, Front | 137% | 160% | 118%
Up smash (Tip/Base) | 92%/145% | 105%/162% | 74%/115%
Forward Tilt | 156% | 175% | 127%
Up Air | 150% | 168% | 121%
Back Air | 138% | 160% | 119%
Side B, Tip | 108% | 126% | 92%
Side B Kick (Front or Back) | 131% | 146% | 104%
Neutral B Projectile, Full Charge | 196% | 187% | 185%
Neutral B Bite, 17% Dmg Charge | 91% | 104% | 74%
Up B | 142% | 155% | 110%
Up Throw | 151% | 168% | 122%
Down Throw | 157% | 171% | 126%

And now for the Kill combos. These follow the same guidelines as above. I tested each combo at least 5 times from different directions to get the kill to ensure it wasn't being manipulated by my personal direction preferences. DISCLAIMER:I'm not that good, so it is very hard to test these percents so there could be a fluctuation of about 3-4% depending on whether or not I can get it to connect. My apologies and If you can get it to work at lower/higher percents do let me know

Combo | Pit | Bowser | Jigglypuff
FF Fair->Fair->DFS min charge+Bite | 60%-70% | 55%-65% | N/A*
FF Fair->DFS min charge+Bite | 66%-87% | 78%-100% | N/A*
FF Fair->Uair | 105%-114% | 117%-128% | N/A*
FH Fair->Lunge | 82%-89% | N/A | N/A*
FF Nair->Uair | 99%-110% | 111%-120% | N/A*
Dtilt->Uair | 105%-110% | N/A | NA
*Jigglypuff was weird. For every combo, either her percent was too low, and it wouldn't kill when combo'd or her percent was too high and it would kill but not combo truly. It was even worse for FH fair-> Lunge - She was too short for the FH Fair to reach!

So there it is. If you know of any other combos that kill let me know.

P.S. yes neutral B projectile really killed like that. I have no idea why. It was weird

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Thanks a ton for accepting my request, brah. This is actually extremely helpful for a person just starting out with a character. Especially someone as new as Corrin.

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
For Neutral B Projectile Full Charge, you wrote Bowser dies at the same percent as Jiggs and earlier than Pit

is that a typo?

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
For Neutral B Projectile Full Charge, you wrote Bowser dies at the same percent as Jiggs and earlier than Pit

is that a typo?
You would think so, but no. That's really how they died. I implore you, try it out for yourself, please prove me wrong. I feel wrong. But I tested it many times but it was the same every time. Ha Ha I even made a Postscript on the OP to hopefully assure people that even I thought Neutral B was wrong

Thanks a ton for accepting my request, brah. This is actually extremely helpful for a person just starting out with a character. Especially someone as new as Corrin.
No problem man. I was bored with FG and had the spare time so it wasn't hard. I've done it before for Donkey Kong's DingDong, which is much harder, let me tell you =P.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
The two characters have nothing in common regarding weight, fall speed, gravity. Reminds me of ZSS' full charged neutral B, which supposedly has knockback growth, but never lifts the opponent off the ground or slides them further with damage. There's not a lot of these stun moves to really compare too.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Water beats fire.

EDIT: Some other kill percents:

:4sheik: 163%
:4mewtwo: 164%
:4ryu: 164%
:4fox: 164%
:4ganondorf: 164%
:4mario: 165%

I'm inclined to believe it ignores weight entirely, with survival being based on some other factor

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
ZSS dsmash:

:4jigglypuff: 206%
:4bowser: 206%

I'm inclined to say yes

Last edited:

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
That's just crazy Lol. Stun is such a weird mechanic

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
Wow good job guys. I learned something really cool and relevant about stun today!

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Test more cases of DFSCB. It kills MUCH earlier if you charge it to 17% damage. That's not full chage. I think that's maximum optimized knockback.

Last edited:

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Fair:
:4jigglypuff:: 150%
:4pit:: 184%
:4bowser:: 206%

Will do more extensive testing on Sunday.
I didn't bother with Fair for the same reason I didn't list Dtilt and Utilt. They kill way too late to be viable kill moves IMO

I might test Jab 3 though

EDIT: Tested Jab 3 and Rapid Jab Finisher. Both didn't kill until at least 160% on Jiggly at that. Not a viable kill move unless catching a getup at high percents

Test more cases of side special. It kills MUCH earlier if you charge it to 17% damage. That's not full chage. I think that's maximum optimized knockback.
Ohhh thanks. I did some more testing on that. I didn't realize that Neutral B (I think that's what you meant) acted like Ike's. Corrections have been made. Thanks again for the assist!

Last edited:

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
What's the deal with Side B? Sometimes you see it kill at over 130%, other times it kills before 90. Take a look at 3:32.
To expand on the previous post, note that in the video Corrin has 85% which is very close to the exact median amount of Rage, which is a factor. As well, Pikachu was slightly off of dead center. Pikachu is also the 7th lightest character and would thus probably die at 110-115% with nor rage, center stage. But more than that, what really nails in the Coffin is the horrible DI. All that combined is more than reasonable to kill at 20-25% earlier than the "training mode kill %" that I calulate.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Woah. I knew the 17% variant of DFS killed earlier but... ~60%? That's a HUGE difference.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Are you talking about the difference between the projectile and the Bite?

Nah

Smash Champion
Decided to test how DI affects dthrow and uthrow's kill %s, done on FD center stage in training mode (so no rage) like in the OP:

:4pit:
Uthrow DI in: 151%
Uthrow DI away: 156%

Dthrow DI in: 147%
Dthrow DI away: 175%

:4bowser:
Uthrow DI in: 168%
Uthrow DI away: 173%

Dthrow DI in: 160%
Dthrow DI away: 192%

:4jigglypuff:
Uthrow DI in: 122%
Uthrow DI away: 125%

Dthrow DI in: 115%
Dthrow DI away: 136%

edit: So basically what this means is that Uthrow is affected way less by DI than Dthrow is. Always DI away from Corrin when she grabs you, since DIing in will cause you to die at the same percent or, in Dthrow's case, earlier than if you didn't DI, while DIing away will allow you to live longer, especially in Dthrow's case, where you'll live significantly longer. Threw Bowser a few times at the edge too and DIing away didn't seem to cause Dthrow to kill him earlier, but someone needs to test that to make sure. And assuming that still holds true, this would mean that Uthrow is generally the better kill throw, once the playerbase learns about it anyway (Dthrow also gives a little more time to react and thus input DI as well).

Last edited:

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Are you talking about the difference between the projectile and the Bite?
Oh... Wait... Lol, I read the chart wrong. I thought where you put the projectile was the fully charged bite, compared to the 17%. My bad.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Ha ha I figured it was something like that. The real difference is ~15-20%. Not insane but still enough that every Corrin main should learn the timing for the kill charge

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Nope. The only difference is that the back kick has a weak "early" hitbox, which is just the forward swinging motion before Corrin turns

Edi: after reviewing his frame data weak is only that it's damage is low. It actually DOES have stronger KBG. I'll test out when it kills later

Last edited:

mdoepker

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdoepker
Nope. The only difference is that the back kick has a weak "early" hitbox, which is just the forward swinging motion before Corrin turns

Edi: after reviewing his frame data weak is only that it's damage is low. It actually DOES have stronger KBG. I'll test out when it kills later
Shoot I was going to test it today, but got caught up in friendlies XD XD

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
mdoepker mdoepker I tested after finally remembering about that back kick and found that the weak forward hitbox doesn't kill until ~190%. Not really a kill move when forward kick kills earlier and better

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
Posted in the general discussion thread but thought i might as well post it here too.

"On Duck Hunt in the top of the tree, Corrins up-b kills Mario at 46% w/ no DI and 59% w/ DI.
But the downside is our up-b comes out on frame 18, making it a poor Out of Shield option."

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
That's great man, and I'm sure it's accurate, but for this thread I used all the kill moves from the center stage level of FD. For all these moves, people are gonna have to extrapolate their own percents when new factors such as rage, DI, and positioning come into play. But thanks a lot for taking it that one step further, eh? =)

On a side note, I was thinking of having a separate table for at what point our Kill Combos start actually killing and when they stop. I thought it might be useful seeing as the combo page is slow to update, and doesn't seem to focus on when they KILL only when they COMBO. For combos that start with the DFS, the percents are likely not going to change anything. It only becomes at what point does the lunge/Bair/Uair/etc. start killing. What are your guys' thought on this? Think it might be useful?

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
UPDATE: UGH. Ok so with the patch changes that just happened I will be reworking the DFS and Uair kill percents later today. The combos might take me a little longer to retest but by the end of the week I should have them

Izaw

Smash Ace
I can't seem to confirm the FF Fair->Fair->DFS min charge+Bite on any character.

Can someone record it and show me that it's actually a true combo?

And I'm talking about the FF Fair->Fair->DFS min charge

I know that the Bite doesn't register as a combo. But I can't even make the DFS mini charge combo after Fair...

Any help? It's for the Art of Corrin.

Last edited:

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
I can't seem to confirm the FF Fair->Fair->DFS min charge+Bite on any character.

Can someone record it and show me that it's actually a true combo?

And I'm talking about the FF Fair->Fair->DFS min charge

I know that the Bite doesn't register as a combo. But I can't even make the DFS mini charge combo after Fair...

Any help? It's for the Art of Corrin.
Sadly it will never result in a true combo. Ever. Me and a friend were curious about this so we tried jumping or airdodging out of it, and MOST characters airdodge isn't fast enough, and the projectile still catches the jump. I assume it can be interrupted in the 2 frames before an airdodge comes out thus things like Bat Within, Rest, Little Mac's Nair, Dolphin Slash, Yoshi's double jump, and frame perfect, frame 2 air dodges that 18 characters have. Thus not a TRUE combo perse. But the airdodges can be caught by the bite if you read that they are able and good enough to pull off the 1 frame opportunity. Keep in mind that again, these percents are without DI, so proper DI also can ruin the setup. DI-ing towards Corrin can result in the Dragon Ball missing, but you can also follow their DI. DI away should be caught by the Ball, but if it's at the higher end of the damage percent range than it could give them enough time to act before it hits. But not many people know about this combo. I've been able to pull it off a couple of times before

But down smash has a tipper though?
Yes... and I have that recorded as the first value under Down Smash, Back. It kills Pit at 100%.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Sadly it will never result in a true combo. Ever. Me and a friend were curious about this so we tried jumping or airdodging out of it, and MOST characters airdodge isn't fast enough, and the projectile still catches the jump. I assume it can be interrupted in the 2 frames before an airdodge comes out thus things like Bat Within, Rest, Little Mac's Nair, Dolphin Slash, Yoshi's double jump, and frame perfect, frame 2 air dodges that 18 characters have. Thus not a TRUE combo perse. But the airdodges can be caught by the bite if you read that they are able and good enough to pull off the 1 frame opportunity. Keep in mind that again, these percents are without DI, so proper DI also can ruin the setup. DI-ing towards Corrin can result in the Dragon Ball missing, but you can also follow their DI. DI away should be caught by the Ball, but if it's at the higher end of the damage percent range than it could give them enough time to act before it hits. But not many people know about this combo. I've been able to pull it off a couple of times before

Yes... and I have that recorded as the first value under Down Smash, Back. It kills Pit at 100%.
To add you can read di and still kinda true combo. For di to corrin stop her momentum for bite. If its away you can punish with a aerial side b

Top Bottom