• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media Corrin Gameplay (Tips Welcome)

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Now that I've actually used Corrin in some serious fights, I'm starting to doubt mine ability to use him to his full potential. I just can't get used to the way he moves. That said, however, I thought I would get a pro's opinion on mine performance before giving up completely.

Typically, I prefer to show videos in which I lost, so this is unusual for me. However, since the opponent did kind of slip up toward the end, on a personal level I don't consider this particular match a victory.

Mikazuki

Smash Cadet
I am no pro player at all, but I can give you some tips. You do have good fundamentals, but I also see a lot of Smash 4 habits in your playstyle like rolling too much. Don't worry, I am the same. Though with the new dodge mechanics, rolling too much may lead to fatal punishes, take that into consideration when you roll. Sometimes shielding an attack is the better option, because Corrin has with Nair a decent out of shield option. Generally Corrin wants to juggle the opponent as much as possible and then finish them with either bair, uair or Pin, which are fine edgeguard tools as well All her aerials combo or string into each other, so if you land a hit with them go all in and string those attacks together. Down tilt and Up tilt are your best combo starters for that task. Be careful with smash attacks and her normal special, because they have to much endlag and are sadly not worth it, only use them as a mix up.

Also play female Corrin, fighting as a kawaii little anime girl will definitely help improving.

Hope that helps.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
^Cheers for the input. Yeah, I'm still trying to break mine Smash 4 habits. Despite knowing the Smash Ultimate mechanics, mine hand muscles haven't registered the fact that you can Parry and Directional Dodge. That said, I'll probably spend some hours in Training Mode, just to get used to the change.

Also, I must agree that the risks outweight the rewards, as far as Corrin's smashes and n-special are concerned. That said, I'll probably just stick with his tilts and aerials from now on.

I recently encountered a pro whom was really good with Corrin. I watched him/her trounce some pretty good Chrom players--and I've heard Chrom is widely considered top tier. Having saved that player's footage, I'll probably study his/her tactics to better improve mine own skills.

GabicoolveryforCorrin

Smash Rookie
I'm not a pro but I can give some advice about Corrin (seen in a video). You probably know that you have to know how to place the forward B as quickly as possible. Well when the opponent comes back from the bottom of the stage with a recovery such as Diddy Kong or King K Rool, use your F-B on the edge of the platform so that the "lance" or even his sweet spot crosses the stage to send the opponent back before he grabs the edge of the stage. I saw recommended the video (in French ) : https://youtu.be/ZysQFH5VaoQ

you sir are playing waaaaaaay to defensively
when you have the advantage, PUSH IT
when you land a nair or fair
convert that hit into free damage with fair, utilt and uairs for juggles
when youre at the ledge, abuse your pin, fangshot, fsmash instead of staying center stage and charging fang
in neutral you want to have the INTENTION to hit them with your fairs instad of throwing them out
always think of a reason to throw a move out, dont mindlessly throw out fairs even tho youre waaaayy out of range
you want to short hop around a lot sometimes put a falling nair/fair/uair/fast fall to bait
overall, you dont really push your advantage, where corrin excels at
punish landing and techs on platforms, and as a general rule of thumb for most sword chars is you want to keep your opponent above you so you can spam uair and utilt for free damage and put them in a really bad spot

GabicoolveryforCorrin

Smash Rookie
To remove a stock from the opponent you can load the neutral b on the edge of the stage(but not exactly on the edge, about 3-4-5 squares of the training mode, so you have to practice but it is done with the feeling normally) when it is hung on the edge of the stage... If he goes up normally or by attacking, he takes the waterbowl and the bite, which kills at 100%.

Excuse me if there are any English mistakes, I'm not English or American

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
Never use :ultcorrin:, and always use :ultcorrinf: as default. you will already be better than before.

Top Bottom