• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin Footstool Combos

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
What are some footstool combos for Corrin? because I only know of one which is offstage down air then into a footstool to recover.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Besides the offstage use, both Fair and Nair can lead into a footstool from (I think) 20-50%, which can then be followed up with a couple options.

Dair -> (sometimes) Dragon Lunge
FF Nair -> Most any aerial string
FF B reversed DFS

If you go for the DFS and don't get the Bite, than the stun can be followed up with the usual. And by usual I mean almost anything.

I've never seen it done, but I suppose it should be possible to get a footstool after the DFS projectile. It would be really hard and it would probably need to be done with a full charged projectile at the distance where a min Bite would JUST miss.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
@atreyyujames Can't FF FAir also start a footstool? I could've sworn Izaw demonstrated it.

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
Besides the offstage use, both Fair and Nair can lead into a footstool from (I think) 20-50%, which can then be followed up with a couple options.

Dair -> (sometimes) Dragon Lunge
FF Nair -> Most any aerial string
FF B reversed DFS

If you go for the DFS and don't get the Bite, than the stun can be followed up with the usual. And by usual I mean almost anything.

I've never seen it done, but I suppose it should be possible to get a footstool after the DFS projectile. It would be really hard and it would probably need to be done with a full charged projectile at the distance where a min Bite would JUST miss.
Youre probably right but I'll try it out and see what I get

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
@atreyyujames Can't FF FAir also start a footstool? I could've sworn Izaw demonstrated it.
Lol Exactly the first sentence in my post is that Fair can start a footstool XD.

Last edited:

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
Do any of you guys know of any other true corrin combos i know down tilt into up tilt and down tilt into up smash or up air and forward air into forward air.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
We have quite an extensive list.

Both FF Fair and FF Nair can lead into any aerial except Dair, any tilt, a Grab, a Jab combo, Dragon Lunge, and at certain percents DFS for the kill. FF Uair can also combo into aerial chains against most characters, but it's hard to hit the Uair against shorties. DFS can lead into Bair, Lunge, Upsmash, Fair, Uair, Fsmash, etc. Speaking of Fsmash, At low percents Dtilt true combos into the charge hitbox of Fsmash. Uptilt can lead into N/F/Uair. Against fastfallers, You can chain Dtilt into Ftilt back into Dtilt at 0%. Lastly at 0% with poor DI Dthrow can true combo into fair for our ONLY grab followup (lol).

Beside those, Ledge Trumping can lead into a Bair, Dragon Lunge, or (so I've been told) a B-reversed DFS. But usually a trump to Bair is your safest bet

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
We have quite an extensive list.

Both FF Fair and FF Nair can lead into any aerial except Dair, any tilt, a Grab, a Jab combo, Dragon Lunge, and at certain percents DFS for the kill. FF Uair can also combo into aerial chains against most characters, but it's hard to hit the Uair against shorties. DFS can lead into Bair, Lunge, Upsmash, Fair, Uair, Fsmash, etc. Speaking of Fsmash, At low percents Dtilt true combos into the charge hitbox of Fsmash. Uptilt can lead into N/F/Uair. Against fastfallers, You can chain Dtilt into Ftilt back into Dtilt at 0%. Lastly at 0% with poor DI Dthrow can true combo into fair for our ONLY grab followup (lol).

Beside those, Ledge Trumping can lead into a Bair, Dragon Lunge, or (so I've been told) a B-reversed DFS. But usually a trump to Bair is your safest bet
OK thanks its good to know these things cuz last tournament I went into I kept use a lot of stale moves like corrin's DFS and the Dragon Lunge which made me very easy to adapt to.
Also what are some good ledge guard option besides guarding with the charge hitbox of Corrin's forward smash.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Honestly man at this point you should probably just got to the Q&A thread with these questions. If this thread was purely for discussion about footstool combo's then it might warrant its use, but if its just a thread for asking any questions you have, than we already have a thread dedicated to that.

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
Honestly man at this point you should probably just got to the Q&A thread with these questions. If this thread was purely for discussion about footstool combo's then it might warrant its use, but if its just a thread for asking any questions you have, than we already have a thread dedicated to that.
Youre so right I didnt even think about it Im such an idiot.

Jalil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JeMaraj
At around 20%, you can get landing fair (or nair) -->full hop fair--> footstool--> nair-->whatever. It's reliable and pretty easy to follow their di, just make sure you fast fall right after the footstool.
Edit: nvm, this was already said

Last edited:
Top Bottom