• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin and Bayonetta Confirmed Release Date!

Who will you play as first?

• Bayonetta

Votes: 228 43.8%
  • Corrin

Votes: 293 56.2%

• Total voters
Niconico Tokaigi has been an incredibly exciting event, with some intense matches and another very special reveal. After a previously announced exhibition match featuring Corrin and Bayonetta, the two characters were confirmed for a February 4th release in Japan, which means a February 3rd release in the United States!

Excited to hear this announcement? Sound off in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for more breaking Smash news!

Comments

Afternoon? Perfect!

Gonna go to class, get home at 2:30, and Smash the rest of the day.
Lucky for me, I only have Tuesday/Thursday classes
I could potentially play as them before a lot of people
Not that it will matter, due to afternoon release and eshop server overloading

Smash Tournament with new character announcement dates, Pokken Tournament immediately after, AND a Splatoon live concert with the Squid Sisters?

Nintendo.....lawd sthap

Last edited:
I'm more interested in the balance changes than the characters, tbh. But that release is much earlier than I thought - I expected mid-late Feb.

Last edited:
Released before TGC 6!! This tourney is gonna get even more hype... Hopefully those characters aren't broken though XD

Liking the new stage the most, especially how the platforms move around, thanks god those angels aren't hazards :starman:

Wait, they confirmed the actual Smash game for the NX?
No, but there was a twitter post from a higher up at Nintendo that mentioned that Smash would be a launch title for the NX.

Whoops thought someone posted after me. Gonna have to get used to this.

Last edited:
Wish I was excited for either of the new characters. This is the first time I've ever been less than enthusiastic about getting new content in Smash 4, and I really feel like I'm missing out on the hype right now.

Still looking forward to a what a potential new balance patch could mean for the cast. Some of the additional Mii Fighter costumes also look cool. And who knows? Corrin might be a character I could end up enjoying. Not a fan of Bayonetta though. Still going to buy the full bundle as I haven't missed any DLC up to this point and I wouldn't want to miss out on having everything the game has to offer.

The poll seems kind of off especially considering how Bayonetta boards are more active than Corrin boards.

I'm hoping they give us a specific time, and that servers will hold up well.

I find it funny how Corrin got so much salt in the presentation recap, but now, he/she is getting more votes than Bayonetta for who people are going to play first.

This looks amazing! I'm happy to see that Bayonetta is decently high on tier list, but not at the top. Exactly what I was hoping :D

The fact that more people are excited to play as Corrin first than Bayonetta puts a smile on my face, which is weird.

While I am one of those people who will play as him/her first, I'm still looking forward to trying out Bayonetta as well.

Well, damn. That's a lot sooner than expected.
We're in the same boat. I forgot that if Sakurai was able to present gameplay trailers and move breakdown videos the team was pretty much finished with their character development. They likely just worked on balance tweaks and debugging since the reveal.

The fact that more people are excited to play as Corrin first than Bayonetta puts a smile on my face, which is weird.

While I am one of those people who will play as him/her first, I'm still looking forward to trying out Bayonetta as well.
You and me both Tino.

The poll seems kind of off especially considering how Bayonetta boards are more active than Corrin boards.

I'm hoping they give us a specific time, and that servers will hold up well.
My time on the Kamui boards it's been REALLY active, it's just that we are all on the moveset and specualtion thread and it's like a small group of us (probably 15), I bet it will get bigger when they're released.

Last edited:
My time on the Kamui boards it's been REALLY active, it's just that we are all on the moveset and specualtion thread and it's like a small group of us (probably 15), I bet it will get bigger when they're released.
Yo, that's cool! I'm glad to see Corrin supporters, I've always seen them trashed on. I didn't exactly see how many people were here, so I'm glad you told me this. I hope you have fun playing with Corrin tomorrow!

Last edited:
Top Bottom