• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Correctly Aligning Imported Sword to Ike's Up B Sword

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean tho? You already have both swords as the same .mdl0, which means that you can, in BrawlBox, just select the vertices of your sword and rotate them O_O

GodBarrierDjinn

Smash Cadet
How do I get both swords to show up? They are not the same .mdl0 file. I only have the default Ike sword in the WpnIkeSword file. And my imported sword is in FitIke00.

Even when I replace the WpnIkeSword with my imported sword it still doesn't align...

Last edited:

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
Oh, sorry, I mis-interpreted the pic; so, import them into the same .mdl0 via BrawlBox 0.71's "Import New Object", and then after rotating your sword to Ike's sword rotation, delete Ike's normal sword polygon

GodBarrierDjinn

Smash Cadet
Am I rotating the WpnIkeSword or the sword FitIke00 is holding in his hand?

Preview and rotate on UP B attack's animation? Won't the WpnIkeSword not show tho?

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
No, what I meant is:

1) Right-Click the WpnIkeSword sword model that's used for the attack animation(From Default Ike), and export as .mdl0
2) In BrawlBox 0.71, right-click the WpnIkeSword of yours, and "Import New Object" with default settings
3) Save, Exit, and Re-Open
4) Open the Model Preview for WpnIkeSword, and, without playing any animations at all, if you use BrawlBox 0.77 or 0.78, you can enable vertex selection, select the vertices of your sword model, and rotate and/or translate them to the same rotation and translation as the vanilla Ike sword model
5) Delete the vanilla Ike sword model

GodBarrierDjinn

Smash Cadet
Brawlbox 0.71 keeps shutting down when I try to 'import new object' the default ike sword.

I think the WpnIkeSword i in the correct position. It's the sword in FitIke00 that is not aligned correctly. But if I move it in anyway it won't be aligned with the hand.

I don't think I've seen any Ike skins that has this property aligned. They're all like this.

Last edited:

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
Don't move it, just rotate it to the right position, and if it's correctly rotated but not aligned with the hands, translate it over; as for BB 0.71 crashing, sometimes it does that when you try to do it with single-bound objects, so try the same thing, but in BB 0.77/78, but only the sword polygons; if you try to import any of the Ike meshes other than the sword, it might slightly destroy the model from vertex stretching; importing the sword should work fine tho, just select that mesh(s) from the dropdown upon importing the new object

How do you think I made my Impa port? I literally used vBrawl Ike's sword, even

GodBarrierDjinn

Smash Cadet
Don't move it, just rotate it to the right position, and if it's correctly rotated but not aligned with the hands, translate it over
I'm so sorry but I don't understand the translate part. Am I moving the sword again after matching it with the WpnIkeSword?

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
well, first you would rotate the sword to the vBrawl sword rotation; then you would translate(Translate basically means moving an object by shifting it over, in a particular direction) the sword to the vBrawl sword location

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
well, that's the thing: When you import the vBrawl Ike sword, it should already be aligned with the hands properly, so when you match the same rotation and location as the vBrawl sword, it should be good

Top Bottom