• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Correct DI from DK throws and Mixups questions

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
I play DK and I like to cargo throw into things as much as possible.

Sometimes it makes me salty and they asked how they should DI to avoid that follow up, and I just tell them I don't know.

What are the best ways to DI DK's cargo throws? I would like to know so I can start to condition them to DI the forward throw and then up throw, those sort of mixups. I already do them but I'm not really putting much thought into which ways they're actually DIing.

So, Cargo FThrow - DI down (if they do this an you up throw, you get a free follow up)
Cargo UpThrow - DI behind DK (DI up or forward gives a free follow up)
Cargo DThrow - DI up (avoiding touching the floor to escape tumble for the tech chase, not possible at low percents)
DThrow - DI down (DIing in allows for a regrab even against floaties)

So if they're expecting a cargo fthrow, throw behind and they won't go anywhere for a free follow up.

Does anyone know other useful things here? I want to make the most of DK's grab game.

EDIT: I know there are guides Poobs, but none of them I've read flat out say the correct DI directions.

Last edited:

themegaswan

Smash Rookie
The best thing is to just do lab work yourself and go from there imo, but for me it depends on where i am in the stage:

Cargo FThrow (off stage) = DI up
Cargo FThrow (on stage) = DI down

Cargo UThrow = DI behind

Cargo DThrow (off stage) = DI up
Cargo DThrow (on stage) = DI towards whatever platform is closest

Top Bottom