• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Copy Ability Balancing

Titanium

Smash Rookie
Hey,

So I don't know if this is a common thing with Kirby, something that's intended to be fixed in 3.6 or whatever, but I was playing as Sonic a few games ago against a Kirby and my opponent swallowed me, stealing my ability. I figured it was no biggie at the time, but when my opponent used his neutral-b it traveled much farther than Sonic's, about as long than 2.5 Sonic's. It also seemed like he didn't enter a special fall after he used the move when I was out of range. The best I can figure is Kirby's copy was never balanced when Sonic was updated in 3.5.

For recovery purposes, I know Kirby doesn't really need more help, but there he has it. Still, I'm curious if this is a recurring trait, that other neutral b's were never balanced after PM moved into 3.5. If you have any information, let me know below.

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
If I remember correctly, when Kirby swallows certain characters, he gets the brawl version of their abilities instead of the PM version. It's actually relevant in a couple of matchups like Wario, where you can throw out a gigantic bite hitbox that has infinite duration and does like 25%.

Last edited:

Titanium

Smash Rookie
Wow, that's actually super helpful. It makes sense why Wario was so high up on that thread tiering Kirby's copy abilities now...

Edit: I tested it out, you were mostly right. Kirby's is nothing like Wario's command grab in PM, but you can't hold it open indefinitely.

Last edited:

benefluence

Smash Rookie
Editing Kirby's copy abilities is one of the hardest things logistically for the PMBR to do, and they've said before they won't change them unless there's a dire need to. Most of them are indeed still the vBrawl version.

Top Bottom