• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coping with Death

Link to original post: [drupal=5057]Coping with Death[/drupal]

Death is a fact of life. It happens to all of us. It seems as if we typically try coping with the death of others most often. Many times we go through rough patches trying to deal with the loss of someone important in our lives.

However, death happens to everyone including ourselves. How do you deal with something like that? Sure, you can put it out of your mind. Think of the more real and mundane things happening in the present and the now. In the end, your only delaying the inevitable end. Your death will come even if you wait 80 years and it only seems to grow ever more scary with each passing year.

I'd like to think that the ultimate way of coping with your own end is to somehow prepare yourself for the moment. I suppose some might say to fool yourself into thinking you won't actually die. Your life as you know it will end, but it will begin again in either the form of some afterlife or as inception, simply awaking from some dream world.

I suppose the lasting question for anyone to post is: What do you think you will do to accept your own death? Hopefully, if I live to be 80 years old, I can reach a point in my thinking that I will be satisfied that while I may not be around to see how things will turn out, I can hope and imagine for a better future. And be satisfied with knowing that the concept of life will live on so long as something is there to keep living. Even if its not my own self.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Maybe the times we had, they weren't that bad
And everything else was part of the plan
We sang: "I don't know where we go from here"
This is the alpha, omega, beginning and the end
And we all just idolize the dead
So you were born (So you were born), and that was a good day
Someday you'll die (Someday you'll die), and that is a shame
But somewhere in the between was a life of which we all dream
And nothing and no one will ever take that away

-Streetlight Manifesto, Somewhere in the Between

Pretty much sums everything up. We all live and we all die. Just live a life that you are truly happy with and you will welcome death's arms knowing that you lived the good life. If you have any regrets, it just makes death that much harder. No regrets is the key to not fearing death.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler’s story live on, treasured by those who bid him farewell.
But alas, now my guest’s life has ended, his tale left unwritten…"
- Lady Gaga

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The biggest fear should be dying in a stupid way. Sure, you may have lived without regrets, but it'd be a shame if your cause of death was REGRETTABLE.

You'd hope you would live on through all the happy memories you left behind, and not "Heh, remember that guy who died while taking a huge dump?"

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You have to go through the process of DYING before you're DEAD. You'll probably have just enough time to think "Well this is really stupid."

Unless like, a tiny meteor flies through your brain. You wouldn't even know what happened.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i'm happy that i'm alive. i'm happy that i'm going to die. it comforts me to know that when i die and everyone i knew dies it was like we were never here, and that everything i've ever thought, felt, or experienced in my life is absolutely nothing once i'm gone! it's existing here and now that's the problem

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I don't wanna die, it's the main resent I resent ever bring born.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
i'm happy that i'm alive. i'm happy that i'm going to die. it comforts me to know that when i die and everyone i knew dies it was like we were never here, and that everything i've ever thought, felt, or experienced in my life is absolutely nothing once i'm gone! it's existing here and now that's the problem
But our very existence impacts the world around us, even after we're gone.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Everything impacts everything but that doesn't make these things significant if you don't believe in some sort of purpose to it all.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
“In a dispassionate view, the ardour for reform, improvement for virtue, for knowledge, and even beauty is only a vain sticking up for appearances as though one were anxious about the cut of ones clothes in a community of blind men.”

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Only thing that scares me about death is the chance that I won't be able to fulfill my goals for this life. If I manage to complete the minimum requirement I set for myself (hit the history books as a world-famous astrophysicist), I'll be content with my life and accept death.

Top Bottom