• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Copen Kamizono "The Adept Slayer" for Smash Bros switch

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Who is Copen?

Copen Kamizono (known as Acura in Japan)[3], is a major character in the Azure Striker Gunvolt series and Gunvolt's arch-rival. He is on a mission to pursue and hunt Adepts.

Despite sharing some common interests with Gunvolt, Copen stubbornly holds true to his ideals and swears to kill Gunvolt along with all other Adepts. He becomes one of the main protagonists and playable characters in Azure Striker Gunvolt 2.

Similar to Megaman, he can use several abilities from the defeated enemies.

Possible Final Smash - Strike Saw: A Special Skill carried out by the “Bits” and covers the whole screen. It’s a storm of slashes that draw the “Claw”(爪) Kanji on the screen. It instantly kills all enemies on the screen, and deals significant damage to bosses.

LINK

Last edited:

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
I mean, he looks cool but I think Gunvolt is a 1 rep series if it is even in and that one rep would likely be gunvolt

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I recently started Copen's story in Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 and so far am liking his personality and playstyle. I've always had an affinity for anti-heroes.

Sadly, despite its uniqueness, the Gunvolt series isn't nearly as well-known as other 3rd party franchises already in Smash. That said, though I could see Copen being unique fighter, I don't see him making it in before Gunvolt--and even Gunvolt's chances are slim.

Nevertheless, I do support the idea of Copen being playable in Smash. If the Gunvolt series gets a leg up in the world, I think both Gunvolt and Copen are more than worthy representatives.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I'll consider writing a moveset for Copen, just like I did for Gunvolt. Having played the game, I have a pretty accurate idea as to how he would play.

[UPDATE] Here are two videos from Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, to show how Copen plays.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Am I secretly the Muse for resurrecting this thread? Anyway, Copen and Gunvolt both kind of give me a Simon and Richter vibe. Mainly because I can see them being revealed in the same trailer. Though I don't really think Copen works as an Echo Fighter of Gunvolt. He'd have to have his own moveset I feel.

Gunvolt would likely have to get in first, but I still totally support Copen. Azure Striker Gunvolt is an amazing series.

Top Bottom