• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Conversions off of Dair?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
~Hiiii! I was getting back into PM recently after not playing for months and Kirby seemed like an interesting character that fits my playstyle, with good tilts to complement his wavedashes, and a decent bait and punish game. Was messing with dair when I bait shield grabs empty hopping in front of shield, but out of curiosity, what are the best conversions after landing a dair, and optimal punishes out of it? Thanks in advance for replying!

Last edited:

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
~Hiiii! I was getting back into PM recently after not playing for months and Kirby seemed like an interesting character that fits my playstyle, with good tilts to complement his wavedashes, and a decent bait and punish game. Was messing with dair when I bait shield grabs empty hopping in front of shield, but out of curiosity, what are the best conversions after landing a dair, and optimal punishes out of it? Thanks in advance for replying!
Dair leads into grab, any tilt, up smash and down smash. The optimal choice is situational and really up to what you prefer. I personally follow up with grab (on floaties) and up tilt (on fastfallers) at low percent and up smash (on floaties) and down smash or forward tilt (on fastfallers) at high percent.

dg-pilz-e

Smash Cadet
If you space Dair right you can go behind their shield and uptilt to cross up. uptilt can lead into itself on fast fallers and you can get a good combo going.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Bit of a bump but you can jump and footstool and then dair again as well.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Can you chain that together multiple times?
Yep, pretty easily, you just have to react to their sdi and start the jump towards them. You can cover sdi to either side, if they sdi up they get popped up and you can just do something else. As long as they don't fully sdi out of the dair it works.

Important to note from the footstool you can also get instant nair, falling bair, and rock. Not the most optimal finisher (dair smash kills quicker) but the footstool can catch people off guard and they can botch the di for down b.

Wish I had footage of it but I don't play kirby in bracket anymore lol. I've been doing it for a good amount of time, made posts about it in other threads

Top Bottom