• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controllers in tournaments.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Why does many of people play with the GameCube Controller ?

I mean, I tried it, but I didn't like it. It's not that I sucks, but I felt inconfortable, but when I play with Wii U pro controller, it was more playable.

So, why most of people use GCC ?

COOKRE

Smash Cadet
It's stemming from the huge playerbase of the competitive Melee scene, and to some extent, the Brawl scene I guess. Many players have a smash background from around that time. In the end though, it's just a matter of taste I believe!

7 or 7

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1094 6225 9234
Most use the GameCube Controller because they have always used it, if you've been in the scene since Melee there really is no reason to change. I didn't and still prefer the GameCube controller, I just really like the button layout and find it comfortable. I think I am definitely one of the few who didn't grow up with the controller and still prefer it.

Last edited:

AtroOG

Smash Rookie
it's because the button layout is more optimal, its easier to hit certain buttons that are going to be used more rather than the awkward cross layout. The sticks are also more crisp and have less dead spots than pro controllers I believe. I have heard from some pros that the differences are like controller vs keyboard and mouse for shooters, game cube controller being the mouse and keyboard (more optimal) while pro and other controllers are like playing xbox controller, I'm sure you could make it work but the gamecube controller seems to be more optimal.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
it's because the button layout is more optimal, its easier to hit certain buttons that are going to be used more rather than the awkward cross layout. The sticks are also more crisp and have less dead spots than pro controllers I believe. I have heard from some pros that the differences are like controller vs keyboard and mouse for shooters, game cube controller being the mouse and keyboard (more optimal) while pro and other controllers are like playing xbox controller, I'm sure you could make it work but the gamecube controller seems to be more optimal.
If you say so, but personally m, I don't find this true. I find Wii U Pro controller is more comfortable.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
You can't quantify what exactly makes a GameCube controller so great. It's just so special and feels so right.

AtroOG

Smash Rookie
Well yeah being comfortable is good but with pro controllers you will hit a ceiling that you can not really get over no matter what. So if you are not trying to win or place well in big tournaments then you do you I guess.

Top Bottom