• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controllers for Smash Switch

Economica

Smash Rookie
As a relatively new arrival to the Smash Community (started playing ~2 years ago), I wanted to know which controller would be better for Smash Switch, the GCC or the Pro controller, keeping in mind that I have no experience with either of these controllers. Here are the pros and cons that I have thought of, but I am still having trouble deciding:

GameCube Controller:
Pros: What most professionals use, Pretty widely recognized as a standard controller for Smash, wired
Cons: Not too good for other switch games, No rumble, NFC or wireless mode, Very hit or miss when trying to find a good one

Switch Pro Controller:
Pros: What most professionals use for other Switch games, wired and wireless mode, Rumble + NFC, Standard quality and price
Cons: no similar controller is used for Other Smash titles, most guides are based off of GCC

These are just what I thought of, although some of them may be wrong. People that have experience with either of these, please feel free to suggest changes to help me out. Thanks!

For Glory King

Smash Rookie
If you intend to go to tournaments, A GameCube controller would be the best choice. If you are mainly just playing by yourself and don’t take Smash super seriously, to the point of money matches, then a Pro Controller may be better for you. It’s all upto personal preference. I’ll get a Pro Controller because I don’t take Smash to the extreme, but you might want to go to a tournament, and if so, you should get a GameCube Controller, since precise movements are easier on it.

Top Bottom