• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller trigger mod for wave dash.

asterik216

Smash Rookie
How do I set up my trigger so if I hardly press it I get a full shield so you can wavedash. I have messed with a few things but can't get it so it won't click. I am trying to save my hand as much as possible.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Well you can remove the spring from the trigger, it's pretty much the best way. Your trigger will rest much lower although.

asterik216

Smash Rookie
Yea I tried that and it sucked really. I had to plug in the controller holding the trigger cause light shield gets stuck and than its floppy and feels weird. I actually just put a piece of a pen inside the bottom part so pretty much just fits. I can still light shield if i barely touch it and can full shield to wave dash like nothing and it doesn't have the click anymore. I also left the spring in. Im really liking it as everything is so much easier and better on my hands.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Well, that's a good fix lol. Don't press too hard on the trigger tho, the pen might pierce through the plastic. (I lend my controller to someone and it happened :c )

asterik216

Smash Rookie
That won't happen. The pen is the same diameter as the trigger. I cut a part of the pen tube and user that as like a extension for the to half.

Top Bottom