• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Trigger Help

Odog

Smash Rookie
So I've been playing for a while with my controller (left) and I'm very comfortable with it, I wanted to start playing with friends so I got another one (right). But as you can probably see the triggers are much higher-up an its harder to press down and its been ****ing up my timing. Is something wrong with one of my controllers? and if I can how can I make the one on the right press down of the left?

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Oh that's funky. The left trigger on your original controller is pressed down. This most likely happened if the controller was refurbished and the person didn't close it down properly. The analog input doesn't work right, it's only the click?

See picture in the spoiler:
nintendo2s_02.jpg
So on this picture, you have the analog slider (yellow) and the trigger button ring (red). Usually, the pin from the slider goes inside the ring, But if the slider is all the way up and the button is pressed down when closing the controller, the pin will remain stuck above the ring, making the entire button stand lower. Good news is, you can recreate this modification easily, you just need the proper screwdriver to open the controller.

Top Bottom