• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legality Controller Ruleset?

Lendina

Smash Rookie
I know that there are rules for modding controllers (no hardware modifications besides shell/case modifications), but what about SnapBack Capacitors, shield plugs, or button remapping?

Idk man :mad:

COOKRE

Smash Cadet
My team and I organize big Melee tournaments. I don't know what a shield plug is, but all the other mods you mentioned are usually widely accepted here. As long as none of your buttons does more than what it should be able to do (e.g. 2 inputs instead of one, i.e. macros) you should be fine. We include the clause that in doubt it is up to the TO's discretion.

Lendina

Smash Rookie
My team and I organize big Melee tournaments. I don't know what a shield plug is, but all the other mods you mentioned are usually widely accepted here. As long as none of your buttons does more than what it should be able to do (e.g. 2 inputs instead of one, i.e. macros) you should be fine. We include the clause that in doubt it is up to the TO's discretion.
That's smart, I like to do mods that push legality (especially when the smashbox first came out). All of these mods are still 1-1 with no macros but provide HUGE advantages. (L-Shielddrop, stuff like that).

Top Bottom