• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller question

Mr Chance Pants

Smash Rookie
Brand new to the community, and had a question I'm sure others have asked. My friend and I are getting back into smash after years (melee for him, 64 for me), and we are both preordering Ultimate and the controllers as well. I've seen that the gamecube controllers are straight to USB C, rather than a normal gamecube port. SO, if he were to come over to get his butt whooped at smash, how would we be able to use both controllers on one console? The adapter only handles normal controllers so.... ya.

Theres the whole connecting multiple switches thing I'm sure, but that would surely cause a few frames of input lag... right?

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
As far as I know, official Gamecube controllers from Nintendo are all with that gamecube plug

Quan

Smash Rookie
The GC Controller adapter can be plugged into the docking station which has a USB port on it. From there you can play up to 4 players I guess? If you were thinking of using it on the go however, you'd need a USB C - USB adapter (m>f) to plug your adapter into.

Top Bottom