• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Port Guide

YukioElios

Smash Rookie
regarding multiple transformations

The reason that not all characters transforms at once is because the Wii load that model during the fight.

In melee, Zelda/Sheik had both models loaded at start, but in Brawl, it's loaded in the game.
That's why transforming online sometimes cause a lot of lag. If a player has a Wii with a slightly more worn out cannon, it will take more time to load and this will lag everyone.

If a zelda transforms at the same time a Pokémon Trainer performs change, the Wii will load the model of the lower port player first.

That's also why changing during stage transformations, like Castle Siege and Lylat Cruiser will cause the change to delay. The Wii is loading the new stage background data and therefore, it can't load the character model at that time.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Dunno if you could test this for me or not, but I was playing brawl with items for the first time in a while:

I was 3rd slot, my friend 1st.

we both hit a soccer ball at the same exact time: I zelda Dsmashed, he Luigi Usmashed. I had over 100 damage, he had 0%... The soccerball hit him from dead center of Bridge of Eldin and killed him in one hit...

did it give posession of the ball to me based on controller slot or what?

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
As far as who gets the ports, the owner of the Wii gets the slot. That's how I work. Anything beyond the first slot is up for grabs, IOW, who gets there first, as the OP said.

As for the concept of having advantages if you're a lower # slot, it's ridiculous. Grabs should cancel each other, and the suicides should be for both players as a loss of stock at the exact same time. Nothing more than that.

teamlkakash1

Smash Rookie
so i was wondering wat about wifi controller slots and wat if the ethernet on the router was conncted to both wiis and wat would happen to all the controler slot rules?

Noa.

Smash Master
Who knew that ports can make a difference? But unless you're fighting Snake of Bowser, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8WZySNYqS4#qxoETuxOHCE

Can anyone tell me how that Bowser won with a Klawcide/Bowsercide in port 2 when both players had 1 stock left?
so i was wondering wat about wifi controller slots and wat if the ethernet on the router was conncted to both wiis and wat would happen to all the controler slot rules?
I read through the first post, and neither of these questions were answered. Does anyone know?

TreK

Is "that guy"
It may already have been asked.
What about wifi ?
Edit : well... two posts ago. But still not answered

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Just a simple thing to notice, the port priority is good imo(Not the brawl version that the person get a faux SA if he grabs the opponent at the same time he got hit though)
In melee the port wins if both grabs at the same time(Though I have seen the "we both grabbed each other so none got grabbed" scenario too, don't really know why that happens though anywho

What do you think should happen some random animation and the game glitch? freeze?
This is a simple solution to a simple problem.. port priority exist in many games.. just a simple way of handling stuff..

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
Interesting thread, time to start fighting for that 1st controller port, I didn't really know it was important.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Wait with Snake grenades, I thought controller port 4 was better since it made sure that they blew up and not you. So now I am confused, is Port 1 the best for controller priority or a lower Port (say Port 4 for simplicity)?

BSP

Smash Legend
If Kirby takes Wario's power, and Kirby and Wario both use neutral-b at the same time, the player who successfully bites the other is determined by this:

If the controller ports are adjacent, Kirby wins.
If the controller ports are not adjacent, Wario wins.

(It may be vice versa, don't remember)
wow. What about with two wario's, same effects?

There's so much stuff to think about, and now control slot needs to be taken into consideration...but in standard tourney rules, the suicide is a win for the player who started it so that's not too big of a problem.

Top Bottom