• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller not working :(

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Erm, friend,
I think you should have tried to utilize Occam's Razor here first and have tried simpler, less extreme methods of fixing it before attempting to open it. Maybe the problem was on your GC adapter? Maybe it was only temporary and you could fix it by messing with the cables, maybe it's permanent and you'll need to get a new one. What adapter do you use, a generic one, a Mayflash or the Official one? Do you have any means of testing your GC controller outside of your Wii U?
When trying to fix problems, you need to discard the simpler solutions first, not the most complicated. You shouldn't really open electronics unless you actually know what you're looking for inside, or else you could only further damage them.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Do you know if your Gamecube Controller is first party or third party? Because if it's not official, that's probably the problem right there, Gamecube Controllers not made by Nintendo are often shoddy and don't work most of the time.

SpeedyGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
SpeedyGamer48
Thank you for your help. I'll try to invest into a first-party controller.

Top Bottom