• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Lube?

IcyLeumas

Smash Rookie
I need to lube up my triggers and control stick. I was wondering what do you guys think the best lube is for it. I know silicone based but people have better luck with maybe mech keyboard or speedcube lube. I was just wondering what should I buy for the best performance. =)

Thanks guys

Xyzz

Smash Champion
My control-stick started dying on me again, so I took the controller apart yesterday, cleaned it and dropped two drops of maru lube (happen to speedcube so I had that on hand anyways) in the stickbox.

It was a definite improvement, but the sticks feels super weird... I'm not sure whether I'd recommend this. I'll be playing some smash in a few hours, maybe I'll have clearer results afterward ;)

IcyLeumas

Smash Rookie
My control-stick started dying on me again, so I took the controller apart yesterday, cleaned it and dropped two drops of maru lube (happen to speedcube so I had that on hand anyways) in the stickbox.

It was a definite improvement, but the sticks feels super weird... I'm not sure whether I'd recommend this. I'll be playing some smash in a few hours, maybe I'll have clearer results afterward ;)
yeah, I couldn't really find a thread on this so I'm just curious of what other people use! so I could order something good. I don't want to buy regrets lmao

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Graphite is pretty good for triggers.

I've heard silicone lubricant is good for the control stick but I've never used it

Last edited:

IcyLeumas

Smash Rookie
I just ordered some medium viscosity speed cubing lube. I hope its as good as they say. lol

gadzook

Smash Rookie
doesnt the lube wear out over time? it might actually be a better investment to get a new controller with a better stick...

Top Bottom