• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller feels unresponsive

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
It is valuable knowledge for Jigglypuff has better control over his movement in the air when using an aerial (like b-air) so you can keep using it and move around more while also putting out hitboxes. However, sometimes no attack comes out at all and I am just jumping.

Could it be my controller? It is slightly sticky and I usually apply a very small amount of water to lubricate it, could 'adding water' be bad for the controller? My setup is a CRT with a soft modded Wii using Nintendont, does using a modded wii have any impact on the input lag (I doubt it but I am still cautious)?

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Don't use water to lubricate a controller. You'd be best off lubricating it with a sprayable silicone. From the sounds of it, I have a very similar setup to you so your wii/crt shouldn't be the problem. It's more than likely the controller. You can pick up some silicone spray here.

Top Bottom