• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Concerns (and what I should use)

EarthShaker

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3969-6503-4598
Hello, I have been super excited for Smash Ultimate for awhile now so I finally got around to buying it, but I have this problem where I never really had the gamecube adaptor when the wii u version came out because I only had a 3ds so I just played on that unless I went somewhere. This wouldn't be bad if I could like buy a gamecube controller adaptor but those things are like 91$ right now so im spooked to do that. Until.... that drops.... what should I use in the meantime? A pro controller? I am used to the standard nintendo button layout so I imagine I wouldn't hate it but I don't know if it has some crazy input lag the standard two joycon setup seems to.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Check some of the lag tests on YouTube. I'm personally going to switch off the Pro Controller as soon as I get an adapter but thats just me. Pro Controller also lacks a cornered stick gate, but its not impossible to get used to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom