• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Control Stick Keeps Moving to the Right

evanator36

Smash Rookie
Everytime I move my controller stick to the right or left it keeps moving and i have already tried the x y and start fix anything would be great thanks.

DeNikSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShaltSaker
What controller do you use?

Whenever my GCN controller does that, i usually unplug it and plug it back in, which works.

Maybe you could do that but with whatever controller you use?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It's damaged. There is really no other alternative to that except that it's not being read properly. But, you've tried resolving that.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I had this exact problem with my Gamepad a year or so back, and the ****ty news is, if recalibrating the controller doesn't work, there's no real fix outside of either buying a spare control stick online and fixing it yourself, which is tedious and also requires a really specific kind of screwdriver just to decompile the damn thing, or buying a new Gamepad, which is expensive as hell as Nintendo, in their infinite wisdom, decided not to carry Gamepads separately and have them only bundled with Wii U consoles.
Yeah. Doesn't help given how flimsy Gamepads are to begin with. Of course, if you aren't using a Gamepad, then I can't help you there.

SN Kurse

Smash Rookie
NNID
benxbaker
It sounds as though your control stick is too loose from wear over time. Your best option honestly may be to just buy a new controller.

Top Bottom