• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Control Problems

holyv

Smash Journeyman
First of all, i play weegee and falco, i need the tap jump to double laser, and weegee is free control scheme, so i use at the falco style.
Today, i accidentally transformed into sheik against my friend, and he doesen't give a **** about Sheik/Zelda, so he was going to take advantage of the transform lag to kill me, so then i decided to play her.
So, i really loved her, i defeated him, but still, i knew that my sheik was ''wrong'' playstyle, i couldn't link anything without a grab, and cmon, i complained a lot about his grabs back in ''those days''.
So i was checking some videos to have an idea on how REAL sheik plays, i saw all the side tilts and etc, i thought ''DACUS. i can trick it because sheik has a lot of running speed, so she'll slide a lot when charging up smash'' so i didn't care.
But then, i saw all those things about Up tilt, Grab release dacus (metaknight)....
And for her DI, i need to mash back air, and i really NEED fast dsmashes, and in my controller, if you put C-Stick to Tilts, she'll jump if you mash fast certain direction.

What would you recommend? i really like sheik and i want to play her! But i just have the feeling of what i am doing is wrong....

----------------

Really? 40 views and no posts?

Get rid of tap jump if you want to dacus consistantly. Set either L or R(whichever one you don't use)

Falco's double laser is still easy if you're pressing x or y to jump. And I don't have any problem using the regular control stick for tilts, u-tilt may be difficult with tap jump, but that's just another reason to get rid of it.

An easy way to get used to no tap jump is to turn it off then do a play through of Subspace Emissary.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Get rid of tap jump if you want to dacus consistantly. Set either L or R(whichever one you don't use)

Falco's double laser is still easy if you're pressing x or y to jump. And I don't have any problem using the regular control stick for tilts, u-tilt may be difficult with tap jump, but that's just another reason to get rid of it.

An easy way to get used to no tap jump is to turn it off then do a play through of Subspace Emissary.
Thanks, i'll try it out

(it's because i'm an ogre and my hands are giant, so i can't short hop pressing something)

Top Bottom