• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Contributions to kirby’s metagame

D

Deleted member

So I was watching Kirbies in tournament games frequently, and I was wondering what I could do to add to Kirby’s metagame. Tournament results are what I’m thinking of, but the problem is I don’t have any local tournaments from where I live.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
So I was watching Kirbies in tournament games frequently, and I was wondering what I could do to add to Kirby’s metagame. Tournament results are what I’m thinking of, but the problem is I don’t have any local tournaments from where I live.
Well if you can't really make headway at tournaments, the next best thing you can do, (which I do) is help spread information on the metagame. When you see new tech shared, mess with it and share feedback or spread to other folks. A thing that hurt SSB4 Kirby was that his metagame didn't have much in the way of an information network. The majority of the competitive playerbase just looked up to MikeKirby and once he stopped attending regularly momentum kinda died from there. This in spite of the fact that there was an SSB4 Discord still developing tech. Unfortunately that Discord greatly lacked in organization for all its finds and we lacked Kirby people with good online presence like juggleboy who currently is helping promote our SSBU metagame. All of this culminated in SSB4 Kirby not getting the development he needed in the end game.

Thus I and others are taking measure to ensure his metagame is developed properly. The SSBU Discord is a lot more streamlined than the hectic SSB4 one from what I heard and we're taking better steps to pool information into places that can easily be referenced. Take my Directory thread for example. If you can't help show Kirby off in the big screen, next best thing you can do is help spread awareness of his meta developments with others.

Top Bottom