• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Continuing Poll for next Match-up Discussion

Donyoku

Greed
Hey guys! Hopefully you already saw my original post pertaining to this. Anyways I have the go ahead from @FalKoopa to start this thread and get everyone's opinions to start our match-up information gathering. We will have a poll lasting for one or two weeks to choose 3 possible match-ups to discuss. I will then make another thread (or anyone who wishes to help) for the 3 characters chosen for actual discussion on the match-ups. And after those 3 match-ups are nearing completion or just feel we have enough information to move on we will then repeat the process again and I will add all the information to the Luigi Match-up Directory so it can all be in one place. So lets get to it and I look forward to the progress.

Rules
1) Everyone gets one post to choose up to 3 characters to discuss
2) The polls will last for one week(possibly two)
3) No arguing over choices
4) (Optional) Explain reasons for your discussion choice
5) Save opinions on match-ups for actual match-up thread for that character
6) Keep it simple, No long posts, save discussion for later.
7) Count down will begin after the first post

New Choices
Diddy Kong 7
Lucario 4
Bowser 2
Sonic 5
Marth 1
Captain Falcon 1
Villager 1
Yoshi 1
Samas 1
Olimar 1

Last Top Choices
Greninja 4
Sheik 3
Robin 3
Charizard 1
Toon Link 1
Shulk 1
Duck Hunt Dog 1
Villager 1

Discussed
  • ZSS
  • Little Mac
  • Rosalina
All previous votes will not roll over. Votes for all characters will be set back to zero and top 3 will be picked just like before.

Last edited:

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
So I guess I shall begin...

1. ZSS
2. Little Mac
3. Greninja

you and i are on the same wavelength friend.

could also see Rosalina and Sheik being amongst my concerns, but those 3 are good to start with. Good Little Macs have been a pain, and greninja is UGH. ZSS wasn't too good for luigi in brawl so that hasnt changed = P

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I nominate Sheik Little Mac and ZSS. ZSS and Sheik are pains in the air.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
1: Toon Link
2: Sonic
3: Diddy Kong

Sheik and ZSS were my next choices, but the 3 I mentioned are the characters i have the most trouble with right now.

EDIT: Changed my choices

Last edited:

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
1. Little Mac
2. Rosalina
3. Greninja

-These are just some I have been seeing a lot online.

Addy Who Dat

Smash Cadet
Needs serious help with Sheik. Whenever I play me friennd ( Mac, greni ja and Robin player) he locks down m sheik. Could use the advice on how to handle it
1. Sheik
2.Robin
3.Greninja

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
1. Rosalina & Luma
2. Shiek
3. Duck Hunt

I feel completely helpless against RosaLuma. And campy Duck Hunt is no fun.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
1. Rosalina & Luma
2. Shiek
3. Duck Hunt

I feel completely helpless against RosaLuma. And campy Duck Hunt is no fun.
Duck hunt and rosalina are awful. Its so hard even getting in on both of these characters because of duck hunt's stupid projectiles and rosalina cute but annoying luma. These two I say are his hardest matchups. Sheik is also troublesome considering her needles and how fast she is. Its also hard to approach sheik because of mentioned needles.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
1. Rosalina
2. Duck Hunt
3. ZSS

These give me the most trouble. I also think Bowser Jr, Samus, and robin are tough for our green plumber.
I think Luigi's easiest matchup is definitely Kirby. Anyone agree?

Last edited:

monkeyboyinc

Smash Rookie
EDIT: Whoops, clicked wrong character thread by mistake. Ignore this I guess.

Last edited:

Donyoku

Greed
I will be opening back up the polls for 3 new match-ups to be discussed for the next two weeks. Voting will start again on Saturday 11/29/14. Rules will the same as posted above in the first post. Characters previously discussed will be crossed out and their ratios have been posted in the match-up directory.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
1. Diddy Kong - Due to the attention Diddy Kong has been getting recently, I think it's important we discuss how our character fares against him. Admittedly I've not played this match-up enough to give a proper opinion, but I still think it needs to be discussed.
2. Lucario - We need a proper thread to discuss this and post match-up odds, it's another top-tier character that we need to work out how it goes for us. I don't think I've played this match-up enough either (that's the problem with For Glory, it sucks).
3. Bowser - Seems to be one of the more highly rated of the heavyweights in this game, and I'm thinking the match-up is somewhat even between Bowser and Luigi. Important to discuss.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
1. Diddy
2. Sonic
3. Lucario

All good/popular in Smash 4. Ness would be 4th if that would be an option.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
1. Jigglypuff - Can't land any of my combos as easily and punishes me in the air.
2. L. Mac - obv. reasons
3. Luigi - Might not count, but the FEW times I have faced another luigi (like 3 so far) I have always had trouble. Always, he counters himself.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
3. Luigi - Might not count, but the FEW times I have faced another luigi (like 3 so far) I have always had trouble. Always, he counters himself.
I don't think this can count. We obviously know the match-up is exactly even and it's down to player skill/knowledge.

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
It helps to know the ditto and what luigi can do to punish another luigi. I think it ahpuld be diacuased later but for now my choices:
Diddy kong
Sonic
Yoshi

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
1. Samus
2. Diddy Kong
3. Olimar

I'd really like to discuss Samus because I faced a very good Samus at a tournament recently and had no idea had to even approach the match. Same applies to Olimar.

For reference, here is a video of the Samus I played (not with me in it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbWlIGqUY3U

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I'll try to contribute to this whenever I can. I'm still struggling in gaining mu knowledge since everyone else in my area plays like the same characters Sheik, falcon, Rob, Rosalina, and Greninja. But I'm not implying that this mu chart hinges on my opinions. I'm sure that there are new luigis that will be competing to be the best luigi.

Right now just putting this out there right now. Look out for Megajay. An amazing upcoming luigi.

Donyoku

Greed
1. Jigglypuff - Can't land any of my combos as easily and punishes me in the air.
2. L. Mac - obv. reasons
Well Little Mac was discussed in the previous round, the thread is still up for discussion if you want to add your input. No match-ups are definite right now, just up for discussion. Can find it through the Match-up Directory.
Also the Luigi match-up is 50-50 as it normal, could talk about it at some point.

Top Bottom