• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Consistent controller breakage and ways to cope.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Hey guys,

I just wanted to post about this as I've now temporarily broken yet another controller for perhaps the 20th time. I always break my controller in the exact same way. Eventually over time my L-trigger will start sticking to the point where if I try to L-cancel anything I'll just get stuck in shield (so if I try to dash out I always buffer roll).

I'm just curious to if anyone else has had a similar consistent controller break like this across all the controllers they've used, and if they actually figured out (beyond normal wear and tear) why they continue to break their controller like this.

My usual fix to this is just replacing the L button completely, or at the very least the spring and rubber portions.

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
i had this like twiece, i just cleaned the plastic parts of the controller and it went away.

if its on the electronic part then you should try to clean it REALLY CAREFULLY with some alcohol

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
I'd imagine it has something to do with just dirt. Wash your hands thoroughly before you play and open up your controller every once in a while and clean everything out with a toothpick or something.

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
If you need a new l-button, I can ship you one for a few bucks. Cheaper than buying a control and safer than stealing one at a local lol

If you need a new one, that is.

WHA?

Smash Ace
here ive posted this before and it has saved many a controller

I have fixed many problems like this with WD40

I dont have pics right now but i wil exp[lain as best i can.
- When u open up you controller, you will see that when you press the L/R triggers, those move some little sticks on the motherboard. They slide up and down.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cBbWjvnM-OA/SXo80udUgTI/AAAAAAAAADY/Uziwz79cK8w/s320/DSC03726.JPG they are black in this pic and in between the rumble thing.

- Take some WD40 and spray one or 2 little squirts inside the rail where these slide up and down (use the STRAW!!)
- then when the rails have been lubricated, move the little sticks up and down, hopefully getting the crevices with wd40
- then wipe of the excess with a napkin until its not that glossy/greasy looking

I have done this many times, it doesnt ruin the motherboard or anything.
ANd yes i know there is debate about wd40 being a lubricant, BUT this works and i have yet to experience the L/R trigger problems since doing this. Hell, i do this to any used controller i get to make sure the L/R are sliding at their best.
Remember that when putting the controller back together, that those stick things should be all the way up, as to go into the holes of the L/R triggers.

Original post was here
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-tvs-controllers-gamecubes-etc.288887/page-14

Top Bottom