• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Consecutive Nairs combo

Ya Boy Evee

Smash Rookie
NNID
EveeRaichu
Mainly to ask what are the inputs? I've watched hooded's vid on it covering the %, but i was wondering do i do a short hop nair, full hop nair, do i need to fast fall etc.

famedoro

Smash Rookie
The same struggle here. I connect rarely and only with huge, heavy character. Please @HoodedAltair, can you make a guide for dummies to nair strings?

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
Utilt to nair requires a few things. They have to start by being in front of you obviously. Second you have to know your percentages on chars / weight classes that it works. You don't have to FF nair chains, but rather the tricky part is getting momentum right. These are almost always full hopped chains. Try starting by doing running nairs. Then do uptilts into that nair. Then take cloud somewhere, put him at 40% try doing it. The honest answer is practice it a lot. Do running nairs

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
I've honestly done it without realising it as ryu's combos extend for a long period of time.
I find at 30% - 40% is the perfect % for doing it, I hit it decently well, and air dodges are just impossible, when off stage, don't go for another Nair. Go for a down air to finish off your opponent.

K1~

Smash Rookie
I personally have found the weak utilt to nair strings tricky to do because of DI. When I catch opponents into weak utilts, then try to initiate a nair, most of my opponents seem to be able to jump out of it before I can land a nair. If they DI away and down while being weak utilt'd, the nair won't connect because they'll be too low and away. For the nair to connect out of weak utilt strings, they have to be at the perfect diagonal position, and not be jumping. Anyone else seem to find this to be true?

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I personally have found the weak utilt to nair strings tricky to do because of DI. When I catch opponents into weak utilts, then try to initiate a nair, most of my opponents seem to be able to jump out of it before I can land a nair. If they DI away and down while being weak utilt'd, the nair won't connect because they'll be too low and away. For the nair to connect out of weak utilt strings, they have to be at the perfect diagonal position, and not be jumping. Anyone else seem to find this to be true?
You never knew these aren't real?
They pretty much have to have no jump, be DIing incorrectly and be a fast faller and/or a huge hurtbox character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom