• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

MLGF

Smash Lord
Hey, I don't think I ever posted in this. Weird.
So yeah, from Wallingford and stuff. So if anyone is in that area and is playing alone, I'd be happy to play with anyone over the summer or something. Play PM primarily, but I'm all for that Melee stuff.

Last edited:

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Hey, I play mainly melee but I do play project M sometimes too, hbu?
Lets play sometime this week. I can do mon or wed after 5pm. Get out of work then.

MLGF--- i live in North Haven so id play w you too.

Reach out to me on Facebook guys. I dont come on here hardly.

Garrett DeCrosta

Slox-i saw you bodied swift in teams in pm at that tourney. Would love to see how you play melee now as i heard youre really good or something. Lets get a session for the ha has. I hardly play/attend tournies but whatevs.

All you people better play sf ultra when that comes out. Thats my core game now and has been for a while

Last edited:

trademark0013

Smash Champion
I'm like 80% convinced that none of you guys are real.

If you are, go to the metagame house or HoG

That fest is today? If so, please text me

I work out of bridgeport and can stop by after 4 for a little bit. controller is always in the car

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
Hi I go to school in bridgeport ,though it's the summer and I do not live there, for most of the year I'm in CT and can visit.
I main Mario and Ness in project M. My fellow ACA members and I are looking for challengers to keep us interested. Any takers?

Toe

Smash Apprentice
Lets play sometime this week. I can do mon or wed after 5pm. Get out of work then.

MLGF--- i live in North Haven so id play w you too.

Reach out to me on Facebook guys. I dont come on here hardly.

Garrett DeCrosta

Slox-i saw you bodied swift in teams in pm at that tourney. Would love to see how you play melee now as i heard youre really good or something. Lets get a session for the ha has. I hardly play/attend tournies but whatevs.

All you people better play sf ultra when that comes out. Thats my core game now and has been for a while
I'm free most the time cause i only work late nights, so just let me know next time youre free!

Butter

Smash Rookie
I've been looking for tournaments/smashfests for what seem to be weeks on weeks. Does anything really happen in CT anymore? Or are most of them in surrounding states like MA or Long Island?

I'm from Hartford county so if anyone knows any close weeklys/biweeklys close by (Within 1hr away), let me know. I know Smashing Ground in MA is like an hour away, but is anything closer? Or are most things private games and smashfests at houses?

Kycse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nin-Kycse
I've been looking for tournaments/smashfests for what seem to be weeks on weeks. Does anything really happen in CT anymore? Or are most of them in surrounding states like MA or Long Island?

I'm from Hartford county so if anyone knows any close weeklys/biweeklys close by (Within 1hr away), let me know. I know Smashing Ground in MA is like an hour away, but is anything closer? Or are most things private games and smashfests at houses?
I went to the Grid in Manchester for the first time yesterday (Thursdays at 7:00pm) and they said its a weekly thing. Not a bad turnout with about 16 people there and for $5 venue+tournament it wont break the bank (3 goes into winnings).

ZSerge

Smash Rookie
Hey all, new smash player from Watertown-Oakville here (just outside Waterbury). Me and a buddy of mine try to play a couple of times a week but are looking to find some more people to play competitively with. We mostly play PM but melee is always fine too.

pwigz

Smash Rookie
Local Wallingford pm player here. I'm normally free anytime after 130ish except Mondays and Wednesdays, unless something comes up (Dr.apts/gf) I play Luigi and I drive so most travel is not a problem

sicKO

Smash Rookie
new to the boards, but in the bridgeport/trumbull/fairfield area! looking for someone to practice with in PM.. twitter link in my profile, or message me here

RedFalconGames

Smash Rookie
NNID
RedFalconGames
3DS FC
1891-2249-2414

I'm a newer player from Central Connecticut and I'm looking for tournies because I know playing with great players is the only way I'm going to get over my novice curve. I pretty much only play Project M, so let me know what's going on in CT! :D

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Sup, I'm from guilford & it feels like NO ONES AROUND TO PLAY WITH!
For those who don't know, which seems to be everyone, Guilford is about 15mins east from New Haven on the shore, if anyone is within even 30min driving message me here or on Facebook.

Elias Guerra (I'm the one in blue with the fedora… Shut up I'm not a hipster!… or an Aethiest! :p )

S l o X

Smash Champion
The best way to meet people around your area and connect with them is through tournaments!

Talk to everyone you play, don't get salty, and I'm sure you'll find people to play with who live around you.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
The best way to meet people around your area and connect with them is through tournaments!

Talk to everyone you play, don't get salty, and I'm sure you'll find people to play with who live around you.
I did start going to this weekly event in The Grid in Manchester and did talk to a lot of people there, and still finding no one even close -_-
Are there any other events in Connecticut? I'm not finding any on the events page besides the big one next month on the 19th, or I'm a derp and have no idea how to navigate the events page

-nug-

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I just made a skype chat with a few people from the ec on netplay. We're planning on using it for smash discussion, netplay games, and maybe even a few small netplay tournaments. However, we aren't limited to netplay. If we get enough people maybe we can set up/talk about/plan our own locals or smashfests.

Anyone who like smash is welcome to join. It's the easiest way to have a group for this kind of stuff and talk about anything, including finding games/tournies/asking for help. If you want to join, PM me your skype name and I'll add you.

(By the way, where is another place I can let people know about this? It's easier if everyone is from the same region, and I am from CT so this is the best place I could think of. If anyone likes the idea/joins and wants to let people on the regional facebook know, that'd be great)

-nug-

Smash Rookie
Wow, I know that looks like I'm promoting something (which I guess I am) but I really just want people to know it exists so they can come and make smash friends/have a place to have an open conversation about anything.

Toe

Smash Apprentice
Looking for local playing to be my training and teams partner. I'm not the best play but I'd like to think I'm decent :p If anyone is interested I would like a non falco/fox player as my teammate. I'm located in Trumbull and if anyone is interested you can respond to my thread there or feel free to message me on Facebook, my name is Antonio Gerardi.

Red Dress

Knight in Rusty Armor
Just to state again that I live in Stratford and play Melee. I have EMT classes on Tuesdays/Thursdays so I am not available then. And I study until 3-4ish on every other day, after those times I'm available though.

YieldingSerenity

Smash Rookie
Looking for local playing to be my training and teams partner. I'm not the best play but I'd like to think I'm decent :p If anyone is interested I would like a non falco/fox player as my teammate. I'm located in Trumbull and if anyone is interested you can respond to my thread there or feel free to message me on Facebook, my name is Antonio Gerardi.
I live in the Middlebury/Waterbury Area, which is a little bit from Trumble, but definitely interested.

newchallengers

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody just wanted to let everyone know we will have melee and project m at the next New Challengers event. I was going to post a link but I'm under 10 posts but it is in the tournament and events section of this site

Top Bottom