• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Deviance

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm in new Britain area around CCSU. Anyone around here PM I need some damn practice!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Oh yeah? Where at? I'm originally from Waterbury.
Vortex Gaming. It's the location of the tournament series I hold and I'm also trying to get people down there for Smash nights on Fridays or Saturdays. All the info is in the link for the tournament in my signature.

anyone who didn't see me post this on facebook might wanna check this out:
http://mogwaismusings.wordpress.com/2012/03/03/final-fantasy-bowl/
That's pretty cool. I think I sent you a friend request but it never came back. HMMMMMMMM

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I'll ask now that it's well under way and established, Wes, as many people asked me about Heroes once it was established...

Is it worth it to watch, and when in the series do I stop watching?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'll ask now that it's well under way and established, Wes, as many people asked me about Heroes once it was established...

Is it worth it to watch, and when in the series do I stop watching?
at this point not worth watching. first season was fun to watch as a culture watching it, but watching it alone it's really nothing special IMHO.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Second season was a vast improvement over the first IMO.

also - GET BACK IN THE HOUSE CARL
oh ****, was HaB asking about The Walking Dead? I totally misread that as asking for advice about Heroes, which I thought was a pretty terrible show by the 2nd season and reflecting back on the first season it was mostly just the spectacle of it that made the first season an enjoyable experience.

if we're talking about The Walking Dead, I think it's worth watching. the show has some pacing issues and occasionally characters just do wtf **** that'll piss me off because of how ******** they're being, but I still really like the tone of the show. I think they haven't done an episode as good as the first one, but there were a number of top notch episodes in season 2. I'm a little worried about season 3
because Shane was the best character on the show and they've killed him off
, but I'd say the first two seasons are most certainly worth the watch.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Breaking Bad is incredibly heavy IMO. I like the show but I'm stuck somewhere in season 2 because watching it just depresses me so I just had to stop. I'll probably pick it back up at some point, but I need shows that are a little further from reality right now so that I can get more detached from the awful things that are happening.

Cort

Apple Head
Walking Dead has to be one of the worst shows I've watched in a while, but it has some great parts so I keep watching it.

Breaking Bad gets ridiculously better, like 98% of this last season...

Aesir

Smash Master
Let's drink scotch and cheat on our wives talk about Mad Men.

BB is perfect TV. Can't wait for the final season. No idea wtf is going to happen...
It'll be like Six Feet Under, Everyone dies.

BB imo has this thing where the seasons get progressively better. I'm also inclined to agree with Cort, if I wasn't an already fan of The Genre I probably wouldn't have liked the walking dead much. But the fact I love zombie apocalypses so much, kinda keeps me coming back. Mad Men is an obviously good show.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I told yall, all them little gangtas who you think help mold em all?? now ya wana run aroun talkin bout guns like I aint got none? whatchoo think I sold em all??

Top Bottom