• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
V, our whole crew is playing while you are home, lots.

edit// 680 rep.

Cort

Apple Head
Yeah I'm a nube cashier. I don't know the PLU of carrots. :( They rarely go by... And that customer had all their meats in weird bags and ****.

Anyway, thanks for the visit at work, Nus. It was kinda nice. I agree with your list for the most part except I think Jake is better than jvsmooth and that Blue is better than Pipe. And possibly some other placings... I think we should keep Squaminator and Aiser somewhere on there even if we just tack them onto the end, it doesn't have to officially be top 15. We can just rank all the active CT players so people won't kill themselves over a list.

On a side note, my FF12 auto levelling strat has been running for almost 20 hours now >_> I went from level 44 to 76...

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Yeah I didn't wanna play blue higher than pipe or Jake higher than smooth cause I haven't played either of them lately.

Auto leveling? Like botting in D2? You cheater.

I can play on Saturday V, if you just wanna play for like an hour at my house or something simple just so that we can say we played. Or if you want a meetup, I dunno where would be best for you. But Saturday is my day off amazingly.

I guess we're having another meet up at pc gaming arena the 22nd(next friday) at 2ish? If I get off work that'll be nice.

I guess a meetup on this Saturday, pc gaming whenever. If not enough people V you should just come to my small asian house.

Cort

Apple Head
::New Britain :: Mall Santa :: Falco :: AIM-MallSanta3

His AIM should be MallSanta07. I remember asking you to change it a bunch of posts back, but it seems you haven't yet. He's been on AIM a lot more often than usual recently too..

Anyways, it seems me, Brookman, MallSanta and Nus are all available to go to Manchester this Saturday. Hopefully Aesir will confirm them having new TVs and are there to stay... Who else is interested in going?

_V_

Smash Ace
Ah yeah, how did I forget to do that?!

I am available Saturday!!!! Or should be, I just have to make sure when I get home:)

And Nus that sounds good, if we can't have a meet up we should definitely play.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
here's the deal:

when i get to see videos from cataclysm and IVesticle,
i'll put up videos of me getting ***** by FLT and Forward and Darkrain that will be recorded at OHSNAP2.

deal?
deal.

good, that's what i like to hear.

Cort

Apple Head
New list after like an hour of discussion with Brookman and Lil in a nice chatty room... It's up for discussion as long as it's intelligent. Don't just post "lawl me thinks me is butter dan so and so"... Provide detailed reason with many matches to support your claim, especially tourny matches or serious MMs.

- 1. Cort (1)
- 2. Brookman (2)
- 3. Lock (3)
- 4. MallSanta (N/A)
5. Jvsmooth (4)
6. JC (5)
7. NusCirtap (6)
8. shminkledorf (7)
9. V (8)
10. milktea (9)
11. Rep (12)
12. BlueDeath (14)
13. Pipe (10)
- 14. Justin (Nesskid) (N/A)
15. Spawn (11)

Noteworthy Players that aren't active enough/place consistently enough to be considered for top 15 (no particular order):

Mofo
Havoc
FreddyP
trademark
Aesir
2ndchance
squaminator
MaxPwnz
Mario 64 Master

_V_

Smash Ace
Hmm well I guess everyone is alseep and no debates will go down tonight! Haha.

Again, I am very suprised with my placement, thanks for keeping me on the list. I figured with me never being in CT I'd get knocked off.

I still haven't played 80% of CT smashers :( Hopefully that will change this weekend!

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
cort i have the files from the brackets on my computer if you want them, but i dont have tournament maker 2.0 right now.. im going to try to get it, if you have it though i can just send them to you

Nite

Smash Champion
We should do our list with the arrows that show changes in placement from the last list. It looks good and I think people would want to know what place people were on the previous list and how much they've improved or haven't improved. Plus it's all pretty like the US top 25. :)

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
As much as I love V, I honestly don't think he belongs on there. I know he's a great player, but he's just not in CT enough, and/or doesn't play with CT enough. That's my only disagreement with the rankings, but Ai(e)se(i)r and stew need to step it up. Aiser I think can take spawn's place at LEAST if he worked at it, and squam, just work your *** off to get back on there.

Thats Ludacris

Smash Rookie
Mall this saturday sounds good..as long as they actually have tvs this time haha, you can probably count the other kid i hang out with in too (Ace)

oh and ps..V, when you edit the CT players list again, add these two please and thank you

Manchester: Berrdo: Yoshi/Mario AIM: berrdo
Manchester: Tim/Xmas: Marth/Luigi AIM:Timmytroyyy

Brookman

Smash Hero
As much as I love V, I honestly don't think he belongs on there. I know he's a great player, but he's just not in CT enough, and/or doesn't play with CT enough.

I understand what you are saying, however, just cause V goes to school in NY doesn't mean he isn't a part of CT. When V is at school he plays, and has been to a few tournaments in NY, and when he IS home he does his best to play with as many people as he can, and when he was home for thanks giving break he drove to SNF2. He shows a lot more interest in improving and playing in general than alot of other people. Steve also comes back this week, and has the potential to get alot better.

The thing that most of the people below lock are missing is experience, and consistently good technical skill. V always impresses me when we play, cause he always improves when he is away, and he always tries his best vs. me and cort, and everyone he plays, and he does ihs best to learn from his matches.. Also, Pipe came to vls2, but had to leave early, but I was very impressed by his fox's technical skill when we played him in teams/ I played him in friendlies, though he lacks a huge amount of experience and has no idea what to do with fox. Rep has impressed me since we met at the first vls, when he came out of no where. lot's of potential there too.

Blue is probably the opposite of them, thogh he has tons more experience, he totally lacks the technical ability to utilize his fox to his (blue's) potential. Stew is really new and needs more experience and better tech, same with spawn and aiser. Cort is a noob who plays peach. That's all I've got for now.

I lied: the thing about not having alot of experience is you don't see alot of minute things that more experienced players see, and no one in CT knows how to hold the upward direction. or hit the l button. You shall all learn and become great warriors, young grass hoppers.

Cort

Apple Head
cort i have the files from the brackets on my computer if you want them, but i dont have tournament maker 2.0 right now.. im going to try to get it, if you have it though i can just send them to you
Yes please. I donno why you bothered posting that unreadable singles bracket >_o

um where is the springfield power rankings and such where?
I scrolled down and saw you post, and I was like "hmm, flaco couldn't possibly say anything stupid right now..." and then you prove me wrong. The smallest kind of ranking that is allowed is State rankings, and it has to be setup by a few people. There was criteria posted but I don't know where it went..

edit//
Cort is a noob who plays peach.
:(

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
Ok, is it confirmed that were going to play smash at pcgaming area?
if so then i should be there. Training alone sucks.

EDIT:
As soon as Aesir confirms that they have TVs there to stay it should be confirmed.
K

Rep

Smash Apprentice
I can see justin getting higher on that list. We only played once (and he won), but he was really good.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
I understand what you are saying, however, just cause V goes to school in NY doesn't mean he isn't a part of CT.
That's the thing though, he's in NY a good deal more than he's in CT, no? That's the only issue. Like I said, I don't question his skill at all, he just isn't in CT enough is all. *shrug*
Dammit V, if you didn't go to school in NY this isn't a problem. I blame you.

Cort

Apple Head
I think I've played with V and attended more tournaments with him more than you shmink. You might as well move to NY now.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
here's the deal:

when i get to see videos from cataclysm and IVesticle,
i'll put up videos of me getting ***** by FLT and Forward and Darkrain that will be recorded at OHSNAP2.

deal?
deal.

good, that's what i like to hear.
As soon as i get my capture card ill hvae some stuff from VLS2 up

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Dorf what are you talking about? My friend that partnered with me is clearly hispanic and I don't see where you get the double asian from. Also once I partner with V, we'll be taking you out. I have to side with cort on the V thing, V is CT at heart. lol at flaco and cort owning dorf.

Edit: I meant, lol at flaco. Also lol at cort owning dorf.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
=[ I didn't know I was new. I've been playing smash competitively for like 6-8 months. Ever since testicle. Oh well, I'll show everyone wrong once I beat all you peoples on the 22nd...if you people go. Woohoo 699 rep, then I have 7 bars.

I can't make it this Saturday because I'll be in New Hampshire. I'm free after that though.

Top Bottom