• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
This just in!

I probablly going to cancel Darn you CT!! I've having issues finding an afordable place to have it and without actually being up there I can wander around and ask the smaller businesses if they be interested in host it for me, and I can't check out the sizes, etc.

I'm not givng up just yet, but things aren't looking bright, that I can say.

Cort

Apple Head
Aw, that kinda stinks. Though CT is having a bunch of events coming up soon so don't worry. You should just try and attend one of them.

When are you gonna be in CT again?

_V_

Smash Ace
Hahaha...well considering half of us have never played eachother I don't know if it'd work.

But here is my list:

Cort
Mofo/Mike Brookman
Everyone else.

Edit: Everyone should listen to this band, I've been following them for about a year.

http://www.myspace.com/hysterics

They finally just confirmed their record deal with V2 Records.

Oh and yeah....they're all 17/18 years old.

Cort

Apple Head
It would be kind of interesting. With the biweekly idea coming up, people will be able to play a lot more often and it would create a healthy competitive atmosphere for CT, forcing people to get better and better.

I'm not sure if non-regular smashers should be included on this list, as Mofo barely plays. Also I have a bunch of friends from New Britain that I've played for years and are pretty good (particularly my friend Jake and another friend, Max) that would probably suprise you guys, but I wouldn't consider them since they rarely play now.

Any other ideas? >_>

Brookman

Smash Hero
Also I have a bunch of friends from New Britain that I've played for years and are pretty good (particularly my friend Jake and another friend, Max) that would probably suprise **** you guys, but I wouldn't consider them since they rarely play now.
I think that s what cort meant to say.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
god.. yeah .. its not fair hahah. your friend jake kicks my ***.. but yeah i definatly like this biweekly meetup idea, because thats just enough and not too much for me to do, and i can aford the gas / dont work til late every night. and the alternating location is just as good too

_V_

Smash Ace
Cort makes a good point, as always. Is Jake the one that plays Falco? If he is, he's really good.

Mike and Cort have played the most people as of right now, so you guys have the best idea of how everyone stacks up.

It would be pretty interesting to see the list. I know I don't play enough of you to be considered to be put on it, but I still think it's a fun idea. I enjoy competition.

Edit: 6 more until 3 bars, yay! Help a smasher out!

Cort

Apple Head
*TAKES YOUR 3 BAR VIRGINITY* ::has a cigarette::

We could turn the first post of this topic into the top 10 or 15 list with a fancy like format. Me and Brookman might discuss it later. V would just have to update it occasionally but I could easily just tell him what to copy/paste etc.

Also, what should it be? Top 10? Top 15? I don't think there's 20 lol.

edit//

or 15 for that matter >_>;

Brookman

Smash Hero
If we do the rankings it would have to be 10, 15 is too much and 20 players don't exist in CT. It's a good idea to do though, cause it will promote competition.

that's all I've got

Cort

Apple Head
Actually, there's a little more than 15 noteable active players in CT. And hopefully the list will go to top 20 once I get some of my old school friends back in.

Me and Brookman have a top 15 list made up right now, just need to wait for V to come back so I can tell him how to edit his first post/topic title.

There's actually a bunch of inactive players that could easily place well on our Power Rankings list... they just need to get off their butts and back on their butts at our biweeklies. We've also decided to do round robin style fests to more accurately rank players in the future. I can record all the data, all people have to do is remember who they played against/results/and possibly how much stock they had left (much like at Smashtality 2 which I enjoyed..)

It will be fun times! And CT will gradually get much better! Hooray! :chuckle:

Brookman

Smash Hero
Cort and I have developed a completely biased list, as he and I are ranked top 2 Ctrl + Shift + 8 + bear face.

The list is top 15, and we made it as accurate as we could for the time being. The list will change with all the upcoming events scheduled. If you don't agree with your placement, or you aren't on the list at all, step it up fools! I'm sure when I started typing this a few minutes ago I had alot more to say, but I stopped thinking and blacked out for a bit.

byebye for now

Cort

Apple Head
Okay so V finally came back from FFXII and edited the first post and everything. Here's the list for people that are lazy:

Connecticut Power Rankings -11/12/06-
Panelists: Cort, Brookman

1. Cort
2. Brookman
3. Lock
4. Jvsmooth
5. JC
6. NusCirtap
7. V
8. milktea
9. Pipe
10. Spawn
11. shminkledorf
12. Rep
13. Aiser
14. BlueDeath
15. squaminator

Discuss!?

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Jam pretty much died it seems, I haven't heard of anyone playing with him at all, and the most recent thing I've seen of him is at testicle. He's skilled, no doubt but he's played less than me I think.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Fallenpiratevyse: >_> only person ranked in CT that mains a low tier I think
shminkledorf: <_<
shminkledorf: everyone else mains fox
Fallenpiratevyse: xD
Fallenpiratevyse: yeah
Fallenpiratevyse: the power ranking just says whos better with fox.
shminkledorf: XDD

Cort

Apple Head
Aiser you're not placed there cause of your Link. You're placed there with how skilled in general you are.

Sorry to burst your cute little pink bubble of happiness.

Also there aren't that many Foxes in CT ranked there due to their Fox.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Aiser you're not placed there cause of your Link. You're placed there with how skilled in general you are.

Sorry to burst your cute little pink bubble of happiness.

Also there aren't that many Foxes in CT ranked there due to their Fox.
o_O cort I wasn't being serious..>_>

edit: I mean to be honest, since when do I post in a serious manner? and in those rare instances when is it a convo with shminkle? like never?

Aiser

Smash Lord
Okay well since you said its off general skill, then shouldn't blue be above me? he always beats me, and I'm sure he has a larger win record against other people then I do.

Cort

Apple Head
squam... probably not. It's way too early notice.

Aiser it's based off of how well you do against people better than you. Blue doesn't even try vs me sometimes, his outlook is pretty poopy. I'm pretty sure I consistenly 4 stocked him without too much effort =S While you were actually trying.

Remember this is just the first list mostly based off of our last get together at Manchester and Brookman and mine opinions.

Aiser

Smash Lord
So how frequently do you guys plan on updating, like after every major ct event?

Cort

Apple Head
Pretty much. Round robin (play everyone else 3 times) with full results/stocks remaining at biweeklies will serve as a solid foundation to base rankings off of. They're matches people should take seriously, which would reflect how well you guys would do against each other in an actual tournament.

Rep

Smash Apprentice
I Disagree with my and blue's placement. Blue > me, and i'm above him... :-p Though I am happy that I'm above Aiser :)
edit:
As a sidenote, it was a good idea to make these rankings, it will make people try to get better. It's like power levels in DBZ.

Cort

Apple Head
Blue has a lot of potential but I don't think he takes things very seriously against people he knows are better than him. Particularly me. He just stops trying and is basically like.. wasting our time. :(

Rep you impressed me a lot back at Brookman's when we played and did stuff I wouldn't see normal CT players do.

Top Bottom